Eagles waive RB Adrian Killins

NOTW

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-waive-adrian-killins-day-after-his-nfl-debut

Two days after they called Adrian Killins Jr. up from the practice squad, the Eagles have waived the speedy undrafted rookie from UCF.

Killins (5-8, 177) will hit the waiver wire and if he doesn’t get claimed could end up back on the Eagles’ practice squad.

On Sunday, Killins made his NFL debut but it wasn’t one to remember. He played eight snaps and had 1 catch for 2 yards and 1 carry for minus-12. He was one of five running backs the Eagles had active for Sunday’s 25-20 win over the 49ers.

Killins was signed from the practice squad to the active roster on Saturday, along with WR Travis Fulgham and C Luke Juriga.

By waiving Killins, the Eagles have opened up one spot on their 53-man roster. It’s unclear how they’re going to use it.

Perhaps the Eagles are planning on signing a player from the outside or maybe one of their own players is nearing a return. The Eagles have a few players eligible to return from IR. This year, players need to spend just three games on IR before they are eligible to return.

Last week, the Eagles activated WR Quez Watkins’ three-week practice window but he is still on IR. The Eagles have a total of four players who have missed at least three games and are eligible to return from IR: Watkins, Will Parks, Vinny Curry, Craig James.

Just because all those players have sat out the required three games, it doesn’t mean they’re physically ready to return to the active roster or even to practice.

My vote for the Nasty Nate Award 2020.

Also, joining Murderleg for the most deceptive player name in Eagles draft/FA/undrafted rookie history.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nipples said:

He just isn’t good. Pure speed only gets you so far in the NFL. 

Howie was obsessed with adding speed this offseason.  For the love of God, I just wish he'd look for players that are just really good at playing football, particularly in the better conferences (SEC, ACC, etc.).  

• Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 3:12 PM, time2rock said:

Howie was obsessed with adding speed this offseason.  For the love of God, I just wish he'd look for players that are just really good at playing football, particularly in the better conferences (SEC, ACC, etc.).  

Yeah - overreaction to the WR situation last year where we had nobody to take the top off. Reagor corrected that (although Jefferson looks like by far the better pick at this very early stage). But then he felt he needed to draft a fast project QB in the second and a fast project LB in the 3rd. At least Killins didn't cost us anything.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Yeah - overreaction to the WR situation last year where we had nobody to take the top off. Reagor corrected that (although Jefferson looks like by far the better pick at this very early stage). But then he felt he needed to draft a fast project QB in the second and a fast project LB in the 3rd. At least Killins didn't cost us anything.

Once again he got too clever and too cute. I mean I loved the Reagor pick. Let's see how the one works out. But the LB pick... Just because he had speed... What a joke.