Big Play Slay

Portyansky

He's been so so impressive through 4 games. Hopefully we can get him someone on the other side who can hold their own. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He's been so so impressive through 4 games. Hopefully we can get him someone on the other side who can hold their own. 

100%. After the 1st 4 games he has proven his worth. Need another capable CB2 and wr can work on our LBs. 

45 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

100%. After the 1st 4 games he has proven his worth. Need another capable CB2 and wr can work on our LBs. 

By the time that actually happens it'll be 2027.

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Mills did pretty well this past game. Granted it was against a crappy qb, but we have seen much worse over there. Don’t count on Howie drafting much better. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Mills did pretty well this past game. Granted it was against a crappy qb, but we have seen much worse over there. Don’t count on Howie drafting much better. 

I think Mills is a fine CB #2 at this point. In fact I'd pick him to play opposite slay based on the options available. 

• Like 2

I think Mills is a fine CB #2 at this point. In fact I'd pick him to play opposite slay based on the options available. 

Nope. He's trash and will be exposed for what he really is against a veteran QB.

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

At this point I'd really like to see them leave Mills at that other outside CB spot and when Maddox is healthy enough to play, move him to S (basically swap Mills and Maddox from where they were initially placed on the depth chart).  I might have said move Maddox to slot CB because I think he would fare much better there than he does on the outside but the thing is, we have LeBlanc (who I think is our best slot CB) and NRC there - we're set there.  The better offseason plan would have been to sign another outside CB not NRC, and leave Maddox and LeBlanc to compete for the slot CB spot.  Howie really has no rhyme or reason for his roster management manipulation.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, time2rock said:

At this point I'd really like to see them leave Mills at that other outside CB spot and when Maddox is healthy enough to play, move him to S (basically swap Mills and Maddox from where they were initially placed on the depth chart.  I might have said move Maddox to slot CB because I think he would fare much better there than he does on the outside but the thing is, we have LeBlanc (who I think is our best slot CB) and NRC there - we're set there.  The better offseason plan would have been to sign another outside CB not NRC, and leave Maddox and LeBlanc to compete for the slot CB spot.  Howie really has no rhyme or reason for his roster management manipulation.

I’m with you except Maddox just needs to see the bench. Keep starting Wallace

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

I’m with you except Maddox just needs to see the bench. Keep starting Wallace

I think best case scenario is moving one of our multitude of slot CBs at the trade deadline ... preferably NRC (first) or Maddox (second) to grab another mid round pick.  Then have the other back up LeBlanc in the slot.  

4 hours ago, time2rock said:

At this point I'd really like to see them leave Mills at that other outside CB spot and when Maddox is healthy enough to play, move him to S (basically swap Mills and Maddox from where they were initially placed on the depth chart).  I might have said move Maddox to slot CB because I think he would fare much better there than he does on the outside but the thing is, we have LeBlanc (who I think is our best slot CB) and NRC there - we're set there.  The better offseason plan would have been to sign another outside CB not NRC, and leave Maddox and LeBlanc to compete for the slot CB spot.  Howie really has no rhyme or reason for his roster management manipulation.

I guess Howie assumed one of his stellar (in his mind anyways) draft picks would have done the deed better. So he cut Jenkins, moved Mills, and let all of his picks fight it out. Two got cut for ps squad and special teams level players. Maddox is hurt agin. When this kid is healthy he hasn’t been special on the outside. Howie has indeed created a questionable roster. So glad they spent that 2nd round pick on a quarterback that runs and fumbles once a game. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Nope. He's trash and will be exposed for what he really is against a veteran QB.

Not if you scheme to help him out. Bring the safety over to his side...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I guess Howie assumed one of his stellar (in his mind anyways) draft picks would have done the deed better. So he cut Jenkins, moved Mills, and let all of his picks fight it out. Two got cut for ps squad and special teams level players. Maddox is hurt agin. When this kid is healthy he hasn’t been special on the outside. Howie has indeed created a questionable roster. So glad they spent that 2nd round pick on a quarterback that runs and fumbles once a game. 

I've grown to be where you guys are with Howie but, it's still not all on him. The coaches need to develop and put players in better positions. I have a hard time believing Howie is telling coaches to make a certain player work where they don't belong and cut or not play certain guys because that's what Howie wants. Schwartz has had full control of what he wants and needs it has been seen since Schwartz has been here. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I've grown to be where you guys are with Howie but, it's still not all on him. The coaches need to develop and put players in better positions. I have a hard time believing Howie is telling coaches to make a certain player work where they don't belong and cut or not play certain guys because that's what Howie wants. Schwartz has had full control of what he wants and needs it has been seen since Schwartz has been here. 

It is a collaborative effort no doubt. But I mean just look at the picks. My god it is a ish show it really is. 

On 10/9/2020 at 5:17 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It would be like having Sheldon Brown and Lito Shepard all over again....

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I’ve been reading people write &or some time now that Schwartz has a lot of say on roster development. If that’s true then even he has more power than Doug, because I can’t see Doug ever saying he sure could use another quarterback especially in the second round. I will state that I do think Schwartz is the kind of coach who if he gets it in his head a guy can’t play then he’s not going to use him. Overall I believe Howie runs this thing. Schwartz andDoug might have some input, but Howie mostly runs this show.

Not if you scheme to help him out. Bring the safety over to his side...

Seems like something that could be done now since the defensive line is improving. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Seems like something that could be done now since the defensive line is improving. 

You'd like to think right...

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You'd like to think right...

Yeah I know. Truth is the defense has beat up a lot of mediocre quarterbacks, and have still given up big plays and long drives. Big Ben after a recent interview sounds like he’s in his own head right now too. Once these guys start facing some real quarterbacks in the league we will see what they’re really about. 

• Like 1