Weekly line thread: Eagles +7.5 home dogs vs. Ravens

Hawkeye

Eagles getting a touchdown-plus at home for the first time in fifteen years.  Layer in the fact that in the Ravens' past seven games s favorites of seven or more, they're 6-1 ATS and 7-0 straight-up. As for the Eagles, they're 0-4 ATS in their past four games against AFC teams, including 0-2 ATS against the AFC North and it looks like another tough matchup. 

Eagles +7.5  vs. Ravens
Over/Under: 46

Common opponents they batted aside Football Team and held the Bengals to a single field goal whereas we struggled with both, other opponents they held the Browns to 6 points and the Browns have scored 30 plus on everyone else they've played. They've conceded 6 passing TD's in 5 games and 4 of them were to Mahomes in one game.

I just can't make a case that we win this that I'd bet serious money on, honestly if the secondary turns up and plays like Sunday it's more likely a blowout.

I take Baltimore and the over.

I'd take the Ravens and the over as well. 

Eagles have a chance to be the first 4-win team to win a division. 4-11-1 could get it done! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wyote said:

I'd take the Ravens and the over as well. 

Eagles have a chance to be the first 4-win team to win a division. 4-11-1 could get it done! 

But they shouldn't be sellers at the deadline?

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But they shouldn't be sellers at the deadline?

Who says they shouldn't? 

I'm talking about the mentality. 

Who do you want to be?  

Just now, wyote said:

Who says they shouldn't? 

I'm talking about the mentality. 

Who do you want to be?  

I want major changes. I don't want to lose but if that means wholesale changes and Howie out then so be it. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I want major changes. I don't want to lose but if that means wholesale changes and Howie out then so be it. 

In other words, you want to lose because you think that if we lose, you'll get Howie out, and then maybe someday in the future we can win again. 

Ok, good. That's who you are. 

2 hours ago, wyote said:

In other words, you want to lose because you think that if we lose, you'll get Howie out, and then maybe someday in the future we can win again. 

Ok, good. That's who you are. 

We won't become good again with Howie.

So OK that's who you are. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

We won't become good again with Howie.

So OK that's who you are. 

Fine, get rid of him. 

ESPECIALLY if he's willing to throw a season. 

1 minute ago, wyote said:

Fine, get rid of him. 

ESPECIALLY if he's willing to throw a season. 

He isn't willing to throw anything. But he is a bad GM.

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He isn't willing to throw anything. But he is a bad GM.

The Eagles sold their collective souls to win the Super Bowl.  They built a roster that was almost certain to regress rapidly season after season. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

The Eagles sold their collective souls to win the Super Bowl.  They built a roster that was almost certain to regress rapidly season after season. 

And in the process (through contract restructuring and kicking the can down the road) made a complete mess of our salary cap situation which will make it hard to be competitive any time soon - especially considering the less than ideal drafting history.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, time2rock said:

And in the process (through contract restructuring and kicking the can down the road) made a complete mess of our salary cap situation which will make it hard to be competitive any time soon - especially considering the less than ideal drafting history.  

That's right.  Poor player personnel decisions (drafting, keeping Agholor vs. Tate, counting on an increasingly geriatric OL and so on) doomed the team.  As an Eagles fan, I'll never forget the Super Bowl season. I just wish they could figure out a way to remain competitive.  

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But he is a bad GM.

I'm not in a position to know that, so I'll defer to the experts here. 

1 hour ago, wyote said:

I'm not in a position to know that, so I'll defer to the experts here. 

But you can surely see that the roster is lets be honest not good at all...