Kempski: Eagles cannot allow Dak Prescott's injury to set them back long-term

wyote

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think Barnett is very much in their future plans and rightly so (as long as the contract works out). Not sure they'd get any interest in NRC and probably not Mills either. Aren't they both on one year deals?

Yep...

2 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Yep...

Yeah so those guys aren't going anywhere this year because nobody is going to trade for players on a one year deal who aren't playing well. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah so those guys aren't going anywhere this year because nobody is going to trade for players on a one year deal who aren't playing well. 

The way I see it; only Ertz and Cox have real trade value. Cox could even fetch us more than just a 2nd.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

The way I see it; only Ertz and Cox have real trade value. Cox could even fetch us more than just a 2nd.

Agreed! Ertz should fetch a second or a high third plus another pick. Cox could definitely fetch us more. I mean Cox doesn't even necessarily need a new contract so any team trading for him doesn't need to worry about that right now. Maybe a late first? Or a high second plus another pick. 

17 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think Barnett is very much in their future plans and rightly so (as long as the contract works out). Not sure they'd get any interest in NRC and probably not Mills either. Aren't they both on one year deals?

He has a huge cap number next year, I think $10m. I’m not sure they can afford that and he’s certainly not worth that much.

On 10/13/2020 at 8:35 AM, wyote said:

Losers lose to rebuild. 

Winners rebuild while winning. 

Kempski should be ashamed of himself. 

I agree with this and it starts with ertz and cox

7 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

He has a huge cap number next year, I think $10m. I’m not sure they can afford that and he’s certainly not worth that much.

He has no cap hit if they give him his first contract rather than picking up his first year option...

On 10/16/2020 at 2:24 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yes.  Both will be UFAs after this season.  Would love if they could trade NRC then start LeBlanc at nickel CB.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

Yes.  Both will be UFAs after this season.  Would love if they could trade NRC then start LeBlanc at nickel CB.  

Yeah I mean I thought NRC was going to be a good pick up but he really hasn't been. I mean the move never made a ton of sense given we had Strap but I did like the move. 

11 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He has no cap hit if they give him his first contract rather than picking up his first year option...

He reminds me of Agholor contract-wise. They were both 1st round picks who underperformed and then came up on an option year. Is Barnett really worthy of a contract extension?  He shows flashes but makes a lot of dumb plays just like Agholor. You know he’s going to demand big money and he’s not worth it. They tried to work a deal with Agholor to lower his cap number and they didn’t work. Then they paid him over $9m in his option year which was a huge mistake. I’m afraid the same thing is going to happen. 

On 10/15/2020 at 7:25 AM, time2rock said:

So I'm OK with missing the playoffs if it means there is a chance Lurie would consider moving on from him (which I will admit is doubtful - would likely take a few consecutive years of being bottom of the league).  

Yeah I doubt Lurie will tell Howie to take a hike anytime soon. It would help a lot if Howie were relieved of his personnel duties, continue to be the cap and contracts guy. I know he doesn't exactly shine in that role either but if he were doing contracts for actual NFL players it'd help.

11 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

He reminds me of Agholor contract-wise. They were both 1st round picks who underperformed and then came up on an option year. Is Barnett really worthy of a contract extension?  He shows flashes but makes a lot of dumb plays just like Agholor. You know he’s going to demand big money and he’s not worth it. They tried to work a deal with Agholor to lower his cap number and they didn’t work. Then they paid him over $9m in his option year which was a huge mistake. I’m afraid the same thing is going to happen. 

Yes he's worth a contract extension. He's not worth the additional year. He's not worth the year option but I think for the right contract we should bring him back yes. 

On 10/18/2020 at 2:07 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yes he's worth a contract extension. He's not worth the additional year. He's not worth the year option but I think for the right contract we should bring him back yes. 

Not sure- did he even play against Baltimore? I didn’t see him make a play. Totally invisible. 

On 10/13/2020 at 8:51 AM, wyote said:

Life is not a video game. In Madden, hey, it's make-believe. Throw away entire seasons. Decades if you want. Lose and lose and lose and lose and lose until you build that superteam.

Whatever. 

In real life, every day counts. Every game counts. Every play counts. 

Winners don't just say, hey, this is too hard, I'm gonna give up. 

Yeah, the team has to shed old guys and stupid contracts. It needs to do that ASAP, in order to win right now and in the future. 

It's like the "let's lose to get into a lower bracket so things will be easier tee-hee-hee" mindset. Winners don't think that way. It's about being the best you can be every damn day. 

Whatever. 

Animal House Bluto GIF - AnimalHouse Bluto WasItOver - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1
  • Haha 2