birdman#12

The Eagles need to stop f------ around and let the young guys play.  On defense, get Avery in more, get Wallace, Bradley and Taylor going.  Mistakes?  Yeah, they'll happen....but how much worse can it be?

On offense, let the young receivers play it out.....Ward, Fulgham, Hightower, JAWW, Watkins, Hakeem Butler and Reagor, when he's healthy, need to all get a substantial amount of snaps.  Jackson just can't stay healthy and Jeffrey will be limited.  These young guys need as much playing time as possible.

On the O-line, Malaita should be cemented at left tackle.  Johnson has been in and out and now getting another opinion on his ankle...IR him and leave Driscoll at RT. And leave the guards where they are....Peters can be insurance when he comes back. Call up the Prince and get him some reps when you can.

At TE, play Ertz but try to trade him for a high pick or a decent LB.  Goedart takes over when he comes back.  Rodgers is experienced enough to hold it down in the interim.  Get Butler involved more.

Sanders is a very good RB......and the eagles have worked the RBBC very well in the past.....get Scott, Clement and even Huntley involved more.....they are good situational backs that can share the load with Sanders.  Also, it's just plain stupid to have Jalen Hurts, with his athleticism and versatility, sitting on the bench.  Design plays that make him more than a decoy.......figure it the f--- out.

Defensively,  Cut curry and call up Ostman....give the kid a shot.  Play Avery more, Edwards when he's healthy, get Bradley, Wallace and Taylor on the field early and often...mistakes will happen, endure it....how much worse can it be?

If possible, Trade Ertz, Graham, Jeffrey, Desean and maybe even Cox.  The cap space being taken up by these guys is not even remotely matched by production.  

Maybe this is all bush-- and won't change much.....but they need to find out what young players can develop into good players.  They found out about Ward, Fulgham, Scott and LeBlanc when they were forced to.....and they played well.  

The NFC "race" may keep them in contention for the playoffs but that's not enough to keep these young guys from playing.  Do what the steelers do, play the young guys.....let them develop.

• Like 3

I could not agree more ... the young players absolutely should be getting a good amount of play time (technically the WRs have been out of necessity with injuries to DJax and Jeffery).  This year is a wash anyway (screw the idea of "well the division is a train wreck, maybe we can sneak into the playoffs at 6-10 by winning a crappy division" only to get our arses handed to us in round 1 making another early exit but also screwing up draft position in the process).  Think it would have been nice drafting a bit higher last year and snagging Lamb?  I'm not saying losing on purpose ... just expecting hiccups with playing the young players as they "learn on the job" that may end up resulting in a few more losses but the experience would be invaluable to their development and have them MUCH better prepared for starting (or more significant) roles next year or the near future when they potentially could be legitimate title contenders (anyone thinking we are now are completely delusional).  

• Like 2

Yeah I don't understand why this team seems to underplay or disrespect certain guys. Ostman is a great example. He's the Ward of the defense. Guy does nothing but play hard and never gets a chance.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Madriver said:

Yeah I don't understand why this team seems to underplay or disrespect certain guys. Ostman is a great example. He's the Ward of the defense. Guy does nothing but play hard and never gets a chance.

Exactly.......if jackson played against pittsburgh, Fulgham would not have played much, if at all.  But we all found out that he's a very good receiver.

I don't know if Ostman can make a difference, but we know what Curry can do and at 32 is probably gone after the season too......Give the reps to Ostman.

• Like 1

Could you change the topic title to something less creepy?  ^_^

But I agree.  The young guys are hungry and want to go out and make an impact.  Some of the aging vets are too comfortable.  They've spent the last 3 years thinking they're great because of the Super Bowl. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Could you change the topic title to something less creepy?  ^_^

But I agree.  The young guys are hungry and want to go out and make an impact.  Some of the aging vets are too comfortable.  They've spent the last 3 years thinking they're great because of the Super Bowl. 

I thought the OP had become a new dad or something reading at the title 🙂

• Haha 2

While I agree, I also think it is important to keep a few veterans on the field to guide the "kiddies". For example, I'd trade Jeffery or Jackson, but not both. I'd trade Cox, but not Graham. The young guys also need experienced mentors to help them adjust to the NFL. 

22 minutes ago, beto_eagles said:

While I agree, I also think it is important to keep a few veterans on the field to guide the "kiddies". For example, I'd trade Jeffery or Jackson, but not both. I'd trade Cox, but not Graham. The young guys also need experienced mentors to help them adjust to the NFL. 

No one is trading for Jackson or Jeffrey, but yes they will be gone after this season.  Cox has trade value.  I agree on some veterans but they have major cap issues the next 2 years.  So there needs to be a purge.  Graham might need to do and they'll roll with Barnett and Sweat and draft someone else to contribute.  

Ertz, Lane Johnson and Cox have trade value.  Otherwise guys will be released or just not re-signed and leave in free agency:  Graham, Brooks, Peters, Malik Jackson, McLeod, DeSean Jackson, Jeffrey...a purge is coming.

But... but but... We will be so much better off with Jeffery and with DeSean guys! We need these guys back so we can go on and win this trash division. Because you know we can rely on these guys. They will come back healthy, they will stay healthy and they will contribute significantly to this offense. 

Don't forget Doug told us that they were making plans to make Alshon a major part of this offense. 

5 hours ago, Madriver said:

The Eagles seem to disrespect him, but no one ever plucks him off the PS either. You always hear about him making plays in camp, but they never seem to give him a shot. Thought he might have gotten a call up when Curry went down but nope. From the stories he was giving both Mialata and Dillard the business all training camp. Seems like someone would have given him a shot by now. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Eagles seem to disrespect him, but no one ever plucks him off the PS either. You always hear about him making plays in camp, but they never seem to give him a shot. Thought he might have gotten a call up when Curry went down but nope. From the stories he was giving both Mialata and Dillard the business all training camp. Seems like someone would have given him a shot by now. 

You’re not suggesting we’re misusing our personnel, are you?

Thats just silly talk. 

• Like 1

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

You’re not suggesting we’re misusing our personnel, are you?

Thats just silly talk. 

Heard on the Radio Bradley was in on 4 plays against the Steelers. He had two tackles and one solo. Seems like if nothing else you want to put the kid out there and see what he has. It’s not like Gerry has done anything to deserve all the snaps he’s getting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Heard on the Radio Bradley was in on 4 plays against the Steelers. He had two tackles and one solo. Seems like if nothing else you want to put the kid out there and see what he has. It’s not like Gerry has done anything to deserve all the snaps he’s getting. 

Gerry is an obvious detriment. Let Bradley play. Get Taylor and Toohill some experience. Even if not full time players right away, let them get their feet wet. I’m fine with sucking this season, (as if I have a choice :lol: ) if it means some of these young guys get some experience for what’s left of this season. 

• Like 2

Honestly you’re getting the young guys. I know we’re waiting for the return of Jeffery and Jackson, but let’s be honest here. It’s most likely both of them will be out of the lineup as soon as they’re back. They’re not gonna bench Lane. He’s being paid way too much money for that, but I have to admit his in and out the lineup has an annoying Peters feel about it. They also need to be careful not to lose some of these young guys. I feel the pressure of playing in Philadelphia hurt guys like Sidney Jones and Nelson Agholor. The media and the fans can be relentless here. I do think they need to get some of these young guys opportunities to see what they got, but coaches job is to try and win. Like it or not they’re a half game out of first with their biggest competitors Losing their starting quarterback. They won’t fully blow it up until they’re officially out of it.

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Gerry is an obvious detriment. Let Bradley play. Get Taylor and Toohill some experience. Even if not full time players right away, let them get their feet wet. I’m fine with sucking this season, (as if I have a choice :lol: ) if it means some of these young guys get some experience for what’s left of this season. 

Personally I think this thing needs to be blown up, but I know the players and coaches don’t feel that way. Still some guys aren’t getting it done and you never know a better player could be sitting on the bench. You don’t want to dump Lane? Fine, but you can’t tell me Gerry has been playing well enough not to look at other options. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Honestly you’re getting the young guys. I know we’re waiting for the return of Jeffery and Jackson, but let’s be honest here. It’s most likely both of them will be out of the lineup as soon as they’re back. They’re not gonna bench Lane. He’s being paid way too much money for that, but I have to admit his in and out the lineup has an annoying Peters feel about it. They also need to be careful not to lose some of these young guys. I feel the pressure of playing in Philadelphia hurt guys like Sidney Jones and Nelson Agholor. The media and the fans can be relentless here. I do think they need to get some of these young guys opportunities to see what they got, but coaches job is to try and win. Like it or not they’re a half game out of first with their biggest competitors Losing their starting quarterback. They won’t fully blow it up until they’re officially out of it.

It's a double edged sword, a lot of young players may look good this year with no pressure but not so good when the Linc is packed with booing angry fans. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

It's a double edged sword, a lot of young players may look good this year with no pressure but not so good when the Linc is packed with booing angry fans. 

And we have witnessed that too. We have also witnessed young kids have some big moments in games, but when they’re counted on for longer periods of time they ended up not being as good as we originally thought. Bryce Brown, Corey Clement, Josh Adams are just a few of those guys. On top of this they have a GM using 2nd round picks on guys who are years away from possibly being effective players. Talent evaluators are just as much of the problem as player development with this squad. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, manz2821 said:

I thought the OP had become a new dad or something reading at the title 🙂

OMG......after 9 kids, that would be a nightmare....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

<snip>

Like it or not they’re a half game out of first with their biggest competitors Losing their starting quarterback. They won’t fully blow it up until they’re officially out of it.

In this ishy division they may not be officially out of it until there are only a couple games left (if then). It'd be nice to have a good idea what the young guys got this season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

In this ishy division they may not be officially out of it until there are only a couple games left (if then). It'd be nice to have a good idea what the young guys got this season.

Jim Schwartz basically said today he’s not going to play the young linebackers much so don’t expect to see them unless he gets word from above his head. We know DP won’t order him to. 

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah, seems very much like Ward. Guy never got snatched up by anyone except the AAF or whatever the heck it was called. 

• Like 1

You always want to evaluate the younger players, but it isn't always wise to just throw them all in at once. Things can get ugly and you might end up with less of an evaluation than just seeing them in limited backup roles sprinkled in the game with trusted starters. 

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Jim Schwartz basically said today he’s not going to play the young linebackers much so don’t expect to see them unless he gets word from above his head. We know DP won’t order him to. 

Gerry is still young, right? Tell me he's young ...