DeSean Jackson is sticking it to the Eagles

crazyeagle

I find it curious that DeSean Jackson cant get on the field, he has been hurt since he signed the stupid contract that Howie gave him.  As an employer, I find it possible that Jackson is faking the level of his injury.  Is it possible that he is just collecting a paycheck and sticking it to the Eagles for releasing him under Chip Kelly?  It sure seems like he wakes up daily with eye problems........... he just cant see himself going to work that day.   Let me know what YOU think.

• Like 2

He’s older and injury prone. Last year his injury was handled poorly and he should have been out the whole way instead of trying to rush back. 

He isn't sticking it to the Eagles... he's always had injury issues that have meant he's missed games. As he's gotten older those injuries take longer to heal and he suffers them easier. It's on Howie this. 

• Like 2

I think he is just old and injury prone.  Have to assume his career here ends at the end of this year.  It's a bummer he couldn't contribute anything in his 2nd stint here (well, other than that ONE game against Washington - certainly not worth the contract he was given).  Good riddance, it's Reagor time (**fingers crossed**).  

• Like 3

It's more the Eagles are paying because Howie wanted to stick it to Chip Kelly.  I was done with Jackson after his half assed season when Big Red was still here, if Reid had given him his walking papers he'd never have come back to Philly, because it was Kelly, everyone thought it was a good move bringing him back, it wasn't, this is Jackson, when he feels like it he's OK, but when he doesn't he's an alligator armed liability, he was always overrated as a pure receiver anyway, he's a dime store Randy Moss, who had a highlight reel touchdown every year, except Moss at his peak could play the 90 catch a year #1 receiver which Jackson never could.

People talk about the Alshon contract, but the contract handed to Jackson at 32 was just as bad, he's 34 in a little over a month and he isn't gonna improve with age.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

It's more the Eagles are paying because Howie wanted to stick it to Chip Kelly.  I was done with Jackson after his half assed season when Big Red was still here, if Reid had given him his walking papers he'd never have come back to Philly, because it was Kelly, everyone thought it was a good move bringing him back, it wasn't, this is Jackson, when he feels like it he's OK, but when he doesn't he's an alligator armed liability, he was always overrated as a pure receiver anyway, he's a dime store Randy Moss, who had a highlight reel touchdown every year, except Moss at his peak could play the 90 catch a year #1 receiver which Jackson never could.

People talk about the Alshon contract, but the contract handed to Jackson at 32 was just as bad, he's 34 in a little over a month and he isn't gonna improve with age.

In all fairness, many comments about how Howie has screwed our cap situation, have included paying DJ that contract extension. 

8 hours ago, crazyeagle said:

I find it curious that DeSean Jackson cant get on the field, he has been hurt since he signed the stupid contract that Howie gave him.  As an employer, I find it possible that Jackson is faking the level of his injury.  Is it possible that he is just collecting a paycheck and sticking it to the Eagles for releasing him under Chip Kelly?  It sure seems like he wakes up daily with eye problems........... he just cant see himself going to work that day.   Let me know what YOU think.

Hard to fake a sports hernia (last year). This year, he's approaching the over/under for how many games fans expected him to miss (but we aren't halfway through the season yet).

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

It's more the Eagles are paying because Howie wanted to stick it to Chip Kelly.  I was done with Jackson after his half assed season when Big Red was still here, if Reid had given him his walking papers he'd never have come back to Philly, because it was Kelly, everyone thought it was a good move bringing him back,

In order for this offense to thrive, a legitimate deep threat is a need. In 2017, we had T. Smith. In 2018, we unloaded that contract and brought in Mike Wallace in a move everybody expected to be an upgrade. He ended up missing the entire season along with then backup, M. Hollins. So trading for Jackson was the next "fix." I thought it was a good move, although, it should have been the trade deadline move in 2018 instead of Tate. To this point it hasn't worked out. As a result, the offense continues to struggle in areas. 

All conspiracies aside, the sports hernia thing was a bit of a fluke. The team allowed Jackson to bet on himself over surgery and that failed miserably. So he lost an entire season in which he would have reasonably been expected to play 10-12 games (based on previous years). Last year on the (old) EMB, somebody posted an interesting article about athletes returning from this injury after surgery. Based on the statistics from the "control" group, the players that return tend to have their career length significantly reduced. I shrugged off the article at that time, but maybe it's something teams need to factor. This year the Eagles were limiting Jackson's snaps in games and resting him at practice and he still can't do what we need him to do (play).

This is why we drafted Reagor, Hightower, and Watkins. 

He has been paid 13 million dollars on this contract to date.  And has 19 catches.  

Howie screwed the pooch bringing him back at his age, on that contract, with his injury history. 

• Like 1

What’s not to get. He”s only played two full seasons his entire career, and one of them was his rookie year. Only a handful of idiots thought it was a good idea to trade for him and  unfortunately one of them is Howie

• Like 2

Howie stuck it to the Eagles. Don't blame the player for being injury prone and still getting a deal, don't blame the player for being drafted too soon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paco said:

What’s not to get. He”s only played two full seasons his entire career, and one of them was his rookie year. Only a handful of idiots thought it was a good idea to trade for him and  unfortunately one of them is Howie

I makes 2. 

• Like 2

I just don’t think Desean wants to play anymore. If the team sucks and he’s dinged he’s not playing. If the team starts winning his willingness to play will improve probably, he’ll still want that spotlight if the games matter.

15 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Hard to fake a sports hernia (last year). This year, he's approaching the over/under for how many games fans expected him to miss (but we aren't halfway through the season yet).

But remember last year when the Eagles wanted him to get surgery early on and he refused to but needed it later on anyway. We could’ve had hIm back for the playoff run if he had just listened to the Doctors/trainers. 

7 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

But remember last year when the Eagles wanted him to get surgery early on and he refused to but needed it later on anyway. We could’ve had hIm back for the playoff run if he had just listened to the Doctors/trainers. 

There are 2 paths to recovery --- let the body heal or get surgery. Jackson had never had surgery before in his life and chose natural healing to be his path. There is probably truth to the idea that he was scared to go under the knife. We all know it didn't work out, but I'm not going to suggest it was all part of some "master plan" to miss the whole season. 

7 hours ago, b_west3 said:

I see where him and Alshon are out tomorrow. Why are either of them still on this team?

Given the contract implications, practically speaking neither can be cut this year.  That’s why we’re pissed at Howie.  

19 hours ago, What The F said:

He has been paid 13 million dollars on this contract to date.  And has 19 catches.  

Howie screwed the pooch bringing him back at his age, on that contract, with his injury history. 

Still too early to tell how this year's draft picks will pan out, but Howie has really failed miserably at addressing WR via the draft during his tenure as GM.  He hasn't spent that many picks on the position and when he has drafted them none have worked out for one reason or another: JJAW, Hollins, Gibson, Agholor (I didn't count Matthews or Huff since it is widely believed those were Chip picks).  Having failed like he has with drafting them leads to having to address the position by overpaying in free agency or the trade market.  It's unfortunate he chose an aging, injury-prone DJax over someone like a John Brown, etc.   

• Like 2

I have been one of his biggest fans but bringing him back was a mistake, however, I never thought they should have let him go (chip kelly) in the first place. Yes, we needed that deep threat but if you look back at his history, he has always been injury prone. He is really lightweight for a receiver and I believe that was the reason he was so fast in the first place. For a receiver though, he is old and on the downside. I simply cannot believe he intentionally wanted to stick it to the Eagles....I believe that was all on our current geniuse, Howie...

I think DJ always had the resentment towards Chip specifically, and not the organization.

Right now, he's just simply old, injury prone and unreliable.

3 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Given the contract implications, practically speaking neither can be cut this year.  That’s why we’re pissed at Howie.  

Technically they can...and hell at this out I'd cut ties to prove a point and get those personalities out of this locker room. 

Jaccpot is soft.  There is nothing more to it.  He should never have been signed. 

I honestly don;t understand it. We all knew this would happen when DJax was brought back. Anyone surprised needs a shot of common sense.