The Good, the bad and the ugly: week 7 vs The Giants

e-a-g-l-e-s eagles!

1 hour ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Not the only one and they almost never work or do all of these gimmicks just to get a few yards. When teams see Hurts in there they know its gonna be a gadget play.....how about just, you know.....letting him actually throw it to a receiver??

I have a feeling that may become the case in a few games. Teams now lock onto Hurts and know its gonna be a run. He did have a nice pass completion to Rodgers during the Pitts game. If you watch the play, it seemed like the D totally stopped and just waited for him to run. I can see a few deep passes in his future...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Portyansky said:

I have a feeling that may become the case in a few games. Teams now lock onto Hurts and know its gonna be a run. He did have a nice pass completion to Rodgers during the Pitts game. If you watch the play, it seemed like the D totally stopped and just waited for him to run. I can see a few deep passes in his future...

Exactly. Doug has to let him throw it a few times or defenders are just going to just immediately look run.  Doug doesn't seem to get it sometimes.

11 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Exactly. Doug has to let him throw it a few times or defenders are just going to just immediately look run.  Doug doesn't seem to get it sometimes.

Unless he does and is just showing teams we use Hurts as a runner. Then bam! Deep pass to JJAW who drops it. 🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

I think it is more that Doug is setting the stage with all of the called runs now so that he can call a long pass later in the season or playoffs (if we get there) when it will have more impact. Playing the long game.

6 hours ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Not the only one and they almost never work or do all of these gimmicks just to get a few yards. When teams see Hurts in there they know its gonna be a gadget play.....how about just, you know.....letting him actually throw it to a receiver??

It’s cause they have to justify drafting this kid in the second round. Feels like those old Marty Mornhinweg plays that stunk so bad back then too. 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 10:58 AM, QBhunter58 said:

At this to the What are you doing doug? section...

WTF is doug doing with Jalen Hurts. If you are gonna draft him in the 2nd either let him develop on the bench or put him our there and call an actual play (I am not sure, but I think Jalen Hurts has thrown the ball in the past?). I am so done with the predictable gimmick QB designed runs and options. Its almost like he intends to give the defense a free down whenever Hurts comes out on the field. 

Our version of Tebow