David Njoku - TE - Browns - Trade

Captain F

The guy wants out.  Could be a solid piece with injuries to Ertz and Goedert.  Maybe a 6th for him?  He had a lot of hype out of college and Cleveland basically ruined him. 

I would honestly give our 5th to kick the tires on him (i would do a 4th if we had one). hell Ertz- Njoku straight up

13 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

I would honestly give our 5th to kick the tires on him (i would do a 4th if we had one). hell Ertz- Njoku straight up

That trade would likely look more like Ertz for Njoku and a 2nd

21 hours ago, What The F said:

That trade would likely look more like Ertz for Njoku and a 2nd

Uh.... yes please. I would do that in a heartbeat.

I like the idea but he's set to make 6 million next year. Unless we can lower that salary we'd have to pass. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

I like the idea but he's set to make 6 million next year. Unless we can lower that salary we'd have to pass. 

Yup.

These are the types of deals we need to be making. He's still young with a ton of upside and we could use him as a backup for Goedert if we end up trading Ertz during the off-season.

Shouldn't be expensive to get. Shouldnt be expensive to keep.

I am all for it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Swoop said:

These are the types of deals we need to be making. He's still young with a ton of upside and we could use him as a backup for Goedert if we end up trading Ertz during the off-season.

Shouldn't be expensive to get. Shouldnt be expensive to keep.

I am all for it.

I'd agree with that. If we could get him for a late round pick and then restructure his contract to lower that cap hit then I think that's a good move to make. But it is entirely reliant on doing those things and I'm not sure how realistic that is. 

Just find a tall pass catching TE in the late rounds or as a UDFA at the next draft,  Richard Rodgers has 184yards through two games as starting TE, we don't need to trade and pay $6million for a back up tight end, we need a tall guy with decent hands and sheer volume of targets will make him a top 5 TE playing in our offense, that's why Ertz is looking for a payday but the team are stalling, it's not rocket science.

Plus if we trade for someone at Njoku's perceived level, we'll play more 12 personnel when everyone is healthy and we suck in 12 personnel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Just find a tall pass catching TE in the late rounds or as a UDFA at the next draft,  Richard Rodgers has 184yards through two games as starting TE, we don't need to trade and pay $6million for a back up tight end, we need a tall guy with decent hands and sheer volume of targets will make him a top 5 TE playing in our offense, that's why Ertz is looking for a payday but the team are stalling, it's not rocket science.

Plus if we trade for someone at Njoku's perceived level, we'll play more 12 personnel when everyone is healthy and we suck in 12 personnel.

Since 2017, this offense has basically sucked in any personnel grouping.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, time2rock said:

Since 2017, this offense has basically sucked in any personnel grouping.  

Yeah but we're literally the worst in the league playing 2 TE sets. Teams  are better than us playing 2 no name TE's than we are with 2 supposedly great TE's. 

On 10/26/2020 at 6:07 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Just find a tall pass catching TE in the late rounds or as a UDFA at the next draft, 

Someone say like JJAW...

On 10/26/2020 at 1:07 PM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Just find a tall pass catching TE in the late rounds or as a UDFA at the next draft,

Haven't they tried that with Butler?

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Haven't they tried that with Butler?

He was a college WR though. Sure he's 6'5" but he's only 230LBS. He can't really lineup along the oline because he will be destroyed. By comparison Ertz is 250 and Goedert 256 and both are considered smaller for TEs. Gronk for example is 265. 

51 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

He was a college WR though. Sure he's 6'5" but he's only 230LBS. He can't really lineup along the oline because he will be destroyed. By comparison Ertz is 250 and Goedert 256 and both are considered smaller for TEs. Gronk for example is 265. 

Then I don't really understand why they plan to turn him in to a TE? Doesn't make a lot of sense. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Then I don't really understand why they plan to turn him in to a TE? Doesn't make a lot of sense. 

I think just out of desperation. Personally I'd see what delanie Walker is looking for price wise 

I just dont see him worth a trade. Contract year, hasnt been impressive in Cleveland. Now as a number 2 or 3 sure. Our priority should be on resigning Goedert at this point. 

As for Bulter, I like bring him in. I however still like him as a WR, not TE. His only play vs the Ravens was at WR on the edge on the jump ball play in the redzone. With his size, strenght and speed I think he can make it as a WR if hes coached up on the route tree and given some good separation routes. 

He's the only guy I'd make a trade for. Replaces Ertz after we ship him off in the offseason