Weekly line thread: Eagles -7.5 vs Cowboys

Hawkeye

It's Dallas week and the Eagles are laying more than a TD at home in next Sunday night, the second consecutive prime time game for the birds.  

Eagles -7.5
Total: 43.5

Peters, Reagor, TJ Edwards and Rudy Ford are all back at practice this week so reinforcements may be on the way.  And there might even be an Alshon Jeffery sighting.

Also, if you're looking for something crazy on the card next week, Kansas City opened as a 20.5 point favorite at home against the Jets.
Since 1978, there have been 13 games that closed with a spread of 20 points or more.  
The favorite is 13-0 SU but just 3-10 ATS. 

24 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

It's a toss of a coin

It shouldn't be. Logic says the Eagles will bust out this week and steamroll the Cowboys. 

So take the Cowboys and the points...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dallas looked pathetic against the Football Team yesterday. I know it's divisional game, and those are always unpredictable, but if Dalton is out for this game and the Cowgirls have to start Ben DiNucci, the 7th round rookie QB from JMU, the Eagles really would have no excuses for not dominating this matchup.

Jerruh must be apopletic at this point with the dreadful underperformance of the Girls given the expectations entering the season.

• Like 1

given how this team played the giants its going to be a nailbiter, either a shootout with both defenses sucking or a low scoring game where neither offense can get moving.

• Like 1

Zack Martin, the Cowboys best O linemen is in concussion protocol but should be back for Sundays game.   That should help the Dallas OL as they really didn't start breaking down until he went out of the game against Arizona.    If Martin is out again, we should be blitzing the hell out of Dallas, just like Washington and Arizona did.

Randy Gregory also probably makes his return to the NFL against the Eagles.   He is a nut job.   But, he is a pretty good player when he is playing.   Not sure what kind of shape he will be in though.

With that said, the Eagles should be able to take Dallas without Dak fairly easily, especially if Reagor and Johnson are back.   We could really also use Mile Sanders.  But, he probably stays out until after the bye.

A healthy Eagles team would destroy this version of the Cowboys.  But, we still have too many injuries to get comfortable.

Hmm... I still don't trust this team quite enough to back that. They'll beat Dallas I'm confident of that but this team does tend to play down, or up, to their opponent. 

I’d feel better if this team had shown the ability to play a full 4 quarters to this point, but they haven’t done that yet. The two wins were a grind, and sometimes a team finds a way to rise up and find a little pride when getting called out for showing no heart like Dallas did after no one went to bat for Dalton. I do think we should win, but I absolutely see it being a struggle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I’d feel better if this team had shown the ability to play a full 4 quarters to this point, but they haven’t done that yet. The two wins were a grind, and sometimes a team finds a way to rise up and find a little pride when getting called out for showing no heart like Dallas did after no one went to bat for Dalton. I do think we should win, but I absolutely see it being a struggle. 

Even if they played 3 full quarters and the other was a bit scrappy... But so far I'm not sure we've seen 2 good quarters in the same game have we?

26 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Even if they played 3 full quarters and the other was a bit scrappy... But so far I'm not sure we've seen 2 good quarters in the same game have we?

I’d at least give them the 2nd halves against the Steelers and Ravens. Maybe the first half against Washington. The problem is, this is now a 3 year issue. Since the start of 2018, you’d be hard pressed to find more than a couple games, (if even that) where they put together a really good 4 quarters. I used to think being prepared was a strength, now you need to tap them all on the shoulder to let them know the game has started. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I’d at least give them the 2nd halves against the Steelers and Ravens. Maybe the first half against Washington. The problem is, this is now a 3 year issue. Since the start of 2018, you’d be hard pressed to find more than a couple games, (if even that) where they put together a really good 4 quarters. I used to think being prepared was a strength, now you need to tap them all on the shoulder to let them know the game has started. 

Hate to use injuries as an excuse, but it is. When was the last time we had a game where someone didn't get injured?

33 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Hate to use injuries as an excuse, but it is. When was the last time we had a game where someone didn't get injured?

That might make sense if we were starting games hot and fading late due to injuries, but it’s often the other way around. 

3 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Yeah OK fair comment... I'll give them the first half against Washington just about. 

Genuinely impossible to call, we should win handily, but we struggled mightily to put the Ginas away, maybe the Dallarse players are stung into some sort of performance by the entirety of the Sports press calling them a dumpster fire laughing stock after last Sunday, maybe the bad version of the Eagles turns up on Sunday again. 

I wouldn't bet a nickel on any sort of prediction.

• Like 5

Sanders missing the game is sucky. I see its going to be wet and windy. It would be nice to establish the run.

• Like 1

Say what you want but the Eagles covered. Vegas doesn’t do pretty or ugly (in the sports book, at least).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Say what you want but the Eagles covered. Vegas doesn’t do pretty or ugly (in the sports book, at least).

First time I backed the Eagles this year. First time I backed them on the spread too. Just about squeaked in but a win is a win when it comes to money. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

First time I backed the Eagles this year. First time I backed them on the spread too. Just about squeaked in but a win is a win when it comes to money. 

I never bet Eagles games either.  I’m incapable of separating my fandom from the cold, dispassionate calculus required to win in the sports book.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

I never bet Eagles games either.  I’m incapable of separating my fandom from the cold, dispassionate calculus required to win in the sports book.

Before this year I've never bet against the Eagles. I couldn't do it. But there were opportunities earlier this year that I just couldn't overlook. But Sunday I really liked the spread in our favour. 

15 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

First time I backed the Eagles this year. First time I backed them on the spread too. Just about squeaked in but a win is a win when it comes to money and sports. 

FYP

• Like 1