Quinnen Williams DE NYJ trade block

Portyansky

That's a team who seen to be tearing it down to rebuild again... Having only rebuilt a couple of years ago. Unsuccessful it should be said. 

39 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's a team who seen to be tearing it down to rebuild again... Having only rebuilt a couple of years ago. Unsuccessful it should be said. 

Yea but he's in his 2nd year. A talent like that is something that can help you build. Unless there's something wrong with him, this could be a steal for a team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Yea but he's in his 2nd year. A talent like that is something that can help you build. Unless there's something wrong with him, this could be a steal for a team.

Then you've got to think there's something either wrong with him or that's going on behind the scenes with him?

4 hours ago, downundermike said:

Would he play DE or DT for us ??

I'd assume DT. So unless they want Hargrave or Jackson I don't see us doing it. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Then you've got to think there's something either wrong with him or that's going on behind the scenes with him?

Its the NYJ, so who knows. They're dumping everyone and piling up on picks.

He's a 16 million dead money cap hit if they trade him this year according to spotrac. I'm not saying it impossible but I doubt they're going to trade him during the season. The difference in savings between trading him now and this coming off-season is huge if I'm reading this right. 

58 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

He's a 16 million dead money cap hit if they trade him this year according to spotrac. I'm not saying it impossible but I doubt they're going to trade him during the season. The difference in savings between trading him now and this coming off-season is huge if I'm reading this right. 

NYJ are crazy.

11 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

NYJ are crazy.

Yea that’s the other side of the conversation. Never bet on crazy to do the rational thing. 

I think Williams has potential to be as good as Cox. He’s probably worth our first round pick this year considering we are probably picking at 19-20. Id try to see if they’d take something else. Maybe A second and a third. Then move Ertz for a second. We just have to be ready to pay Williams a Cox style contract. 

20 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Yea that’s the other side of the conversation. Never bet on crazy to do the rational thing. 

I think Williams has potential to be as good as Cox. He’s probably worth our first round pick this year considering we are probably picking at 19-20. Id try to see if they’d take something else. Maybe A second and a third. Then move Ertz for a second. We just have to be ready to pay Williams a Cox style contract. 

That would be the problem. BUT. He's only on his 2nd year of rookie deal. I think they would take a 2nd and maybe a 5th

8 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Why such a big dead hit? He is on his rookie deal isn't he?

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Why such a big dead hit? He is on his rookie deal isn't he?

Most of his contract is in the signing bonus and the entire contract is guaranteed, 32.5 million. 

So 32.5-5.9 (what he's been paid)= 26.6 dead money (what's left that's guaranteed) 

so not sure if the signing bonus amount really matters because they guaranteed the entire contract. 

If they trade his post June 1 in 2021 they can actually save money. If he's traded I'd assume its at that time. 

IMG_2337.PNG

3 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Most of his contract is in the signing bonus and the entire contract is guaranteed, 32.5 million. 

So 32.5-5.9 (what he's been paid)= 26.6 dead money (what's left that's guaranteed) 

so not sure if the signing bonus amount really matters because they guaranteed the entire contract. 

If they trade his post June 1 in 2021 they can actually save money. If he's traded I'd assume its at that time. 

IMG_2337.PNG

Would be a steal.