Amon-Ra St. Brown (USC WR) -- DRAFTED BY DETROIT #112

Ray75

29D409CB-DB72-4119-8D07-1BED6F9BD928.jpeg

6.1 ft / 195 lbs

Amon-Ra is a very good athlete with dynamic burst, agility and body control. In the passing game, he is very good due to his ability to create separation against man coverage. He has excellent functional strength and does not easily go down. He does a good job attacking a defenders leverage and creates separation at the top of the route with creativity and excellent separation quickness. He is an excellent hands catcher with good YAC ability while also showing good deep ball tracking ability. 

His suddenness off the line, toughness and physicality make him a major threat in the short to intermediate area. He does his best work in the slot and is very good at finding soft spot vs zone coverage over the middle of the field, Outstanding hands, he fully extends and has very natural hands and is not afraid to take a hit. Very good tracking ability, with good acceleration downfield through the catch point.

Amon-Ra can take the top off the defense during seam routes in the slot, despite not always being the fastest receiver on the field. He is good at reaching out his arms to locate the ball at the high point, as well as come back for an underthrown pass. Shows the ability to make spectacular catches if needed and was able to catch the ball with defenders right on him. 

St. Brown is a very tough player. Not just while getting yards after the catch, but he’s a very willing blocker and we’ve seen him fight defensive backs through the whistle on multiple occasions.

Projection; early / mid 2nd round

Pro comparison; JuJu Smith-Schuster

• Like 1

I like it bud. 

I think he could become a good weapon for us in the slot and would give us depth and more versatility. 

Good shout, 2nd round may be a little bit too expensive for us though? Depending on what we do with our first round pick of course. 

18 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I like it bud. 

I think he could become a good weapon for us in the slot and would give us depth and more versatility. 

Good shout, 2nd round may be a little bit too expensive for us though? Depending on what we do with our first round pick of course. 

Well...if we only had multiple second rounders! 😢

Given it a lot of thought lately but I just can’t see them passing up on a pass rusher like Kwity Paye or Patrick Jones II in the first. If no quality edge rusher is available or within range, WR, OL or CB is the way they’ll go IMO.

WR DeVonta Smith, CB’s Tyson Campbell, Jaycee Horn, Asante Samuel Jr, Derion Kendrick and maybe Eric Stokes and IOL Creed Humphrey and Wyatt Davis are names to keep an eye on if they don’t go edge in the first.

Can’t see them going LB or S in the first round though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Given it a lot of thought lately but I just can’t see them passing up on a pass rusher like Kwity Paye or Patrick Jones II in the first. If no quality edge rusher is available or within range, WR, OL or CB is the way they’ll go IMO.

Completely agree. They are going to be picking in the latter half of the draft and it is very unlikely that Howie will be gone. So yeah it'll very likely be a DE.

I might take Rondale Moore in from of St. Brown. But he is going to be an Eagles guy for sure. Hard worker and talented

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Godfather said:

My guy had 4 td catches in the first quarter last night

If we don’t go WR in the first, Brown will definitely be an option in the second.

Wouldn’t mind trading out of the top 6. A QB hungry team might offer us a king’s ransom to get in position for Wilson. Say...Chicago?! We could get at least a 2nd this year and still come up someone like Devonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle. Or...in this scenario Wyatt Davis and Amon-Ra St.Brown in the second.

22 hours ago, Ray75 said:

If we don’t go WR in the first, Brown will definitely be an option in the second.

Wouldn’t mind trading out of the top 6. A QB hungry team might offer us a king’s ransom to get in position for Wilson. Say...Chicago?! We could get at least a 2nd this year and still come up someone like Devonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle. Or...in this scenario Wyatt Davis and Amon-Ra St.Brown in the second.

Chase please!

If I was to take a slot WR, I would want Rondale Moore instead. St Brown will be a 2nd rounder. Very hard worker, gym rat, brother played in NFL, physical/tough and good hands. Perfect fit for Philadelphia as a city and maybe this team. Only concern is his route running but not much of a concern. He will be a solid WR in this league. USC WRs are making a change from the bust label.

If there in the 2nd round, I take him. Chase or Smith, Reagor and ST Brown. That would be crazy!

20 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

If I was to take a slot WR, I would want Rondale Moore instead. St Brown will be a 2nd rounder. Very hard worker, gym rat, brother played in NFL, physical/tough and good hands. Perfect fit for Philadelphia as a city and maybe this team. Only concern is his route running but not much of a concern. He will be a solid WR in this league. USC WRs are making a change from the bust label.

If there in the 2nd round, I take him. Chase or Smith, Reagor and ST Brown. That would be crazy!

Thing that sucks is we have a whole room of slot wrs

• 4 months later...

I would be lying if I said I dont secretly want the eagles to draft St Brown lol

Lions have a good draft. A lot of tough players that Campbell looking for. Lock this one up