New Defense

Boondocker

1 hour ago, Saltpeter said:

They need to put Mills at CB, slide Maddox inside, and use Parks/Wallace at S. Maddox is such a liability on the outside because he doesn't have the hops or strength to compensate for his lack of size. End the experiment; you have better (still not ideal) options.

Until they can find a legit outside corner to play opposite Slay I'm down with that. The issue we have too is that Slay is nearly 30 so in a couple of years he'll need replacing too. CB is such a mess with this team. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saltpeter said:

They need to put Mills at CB, slide Maddox inside, and use Parks/Wallace at S. Maddox is such a liability on the outside because he doesn't have the hops or strength to compensate for his lack of size. End the experiment; you have better (still not ideal) options.

This. In my view both Sidney Jones and Rasul Douglas were better choices at outside corner than Maddox. He is overmatched there.

This won't happen, but it should. Forget the recent past- clean house. Do what the 76er's just did. You think a new, knowledgable GM doesn't make a difference? Look at what Morey just did in THREE WEEKS to turn a franchise around. Get rid of Howie, Doug and Schwartz- ALL of them. Start fresh with GOOD replacements, not just fill ins. Do what the 76ers did, or the Eagles are going to suck for the next decade. I'm done with these incompetent idiots. Done, I say. I bet Lurie has an eye on what the 76ers just did. Howie- DUCK.

9 hours ago, Talonblood said:

This won't happen, but it should. Forget the recent past- clean house. Do what the 76er's just did. You think a new, knowledgable GM doesn't make a difference? Look at what Morey just did in THREE WEEKS to turn a franchise around. Get rid of Howie, Doug and Schwartz- ALL of them. Start fresh with GOOD replacements, not just fill ins. Do what the 76ers did, or the Eagles are going to suck for the next decade. I'm done with these incompetent idiots. Done, I say. I bet Lurie has an eye on what the 76ers just did. Howie- DUCK.

I suspect you’ll get your wish with Schwartz, although the main issue with the D is lack of young talent and not Schwartz.

It’s highly unlikely Howie or Doug are going anywhere, 3 years from a Super Bowl and not having missed the playoffs since.

I have serious concerns about Howie as well, but there is a tendency on this board to complete overlook his good contributions and focus on his mistakes.

Doug is a good HC, but desperately needs a good OC. 

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

It’s highly unlikely Howie or Doug are going anywhere, 3 years from a Super Bowl and not having missed the playoffs since.

I have serious concerns about Howie as well, but there is a tendency on this board to complete overlook his good contributions and focus on his mistakes.

Doug is a good HC, but desperately needs a good OC. 

Couple of things bud. 

What good with Howie do we overlook? If we want to give him credit for Fulgham then sure I can accept that. He brought him in and he's been a real success story. But what other good things has he done? And any good is far outweighed by the bad. 

Doug is a good HC, trouble is he won't accept a good OC because he won't give up play calling duties. No good OC is going to come here to not be the play caller. So he's the master of his own downfall there.