Sources: Jason Peters moving to right guard; Jordan Mailata back at left tackle

Road to Victory

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/sources-jason-peters-moving-right-guard-jordan-mailata-back-left-tackle

Sources: Jason Peters moving to right guard; Jordan Mailata back at left tackle

John Clark

3H AG

Jason Peters will be moving to right guard and Jordan Mailata will be moving back to left tackle, sources tell NBC Sports Philadelphia. 

I’m told Peters has been giving it his all and has been playing through turf toe. It got aggravated when he was rolled up on in Cleveland. It is his point foot, his left foot, which is so important for a left tackle. 

Peters, 38, is going to be assisting Mailata, 23, any way he can and he will be picking the brain of Brandon Brooks to play at right guard. The Eagles are also dealing with some other injuries on the line.

f Eagles initially brought Peters back for the 2020 season to play right guard but then eventually moved him when Andre Dillard was injured and lost for the season. Peters has started six games at left tackle this season. 

Mailata, a 2018 seventh-round pick, started four games earlier this season at left tackle when Peters was on IR. 

The O-line is playing musical chairs again. A healthy Lane Johnson in 2021 would be nice. Get well Lane!

Drafting IOL in the 2nd round & beyond seems like a must going forward. Good thing there are some worthy prospects this coming April.

10 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Drafting IOL in the 2nd round & beyond seems like a must going forward. Good thing there are some worthy prospects this coming April.

I'd agree with this. Unfortunately drafting a RT may be required too.

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Have to wait on Lane's prognosis before going there. If they must, the middle rounds offer some possibilities. I really hope he fully recovers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, time2rock said:

JP back to RG.  Time to give back that extra money you demanded!

That absolutely should be allowed. I know it won't happen and probably can't happen but it should. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Driscoll looked pretty good there (when playing in place of Johnson earlier this season) considering he is a rookie that needs a full offseason with in NFL strength and conditioning program, so I don't know how much a priority it is to draft another OT. Plus we have Mailata and Dillard and also Driscoll's Auburn teammate Prince Tega Wanogho (who played LT in college) on the roster.  

I wonder what is up with Herbig.  Suffers a minor (finger) injury, then only plays 1 STs snap against NY and then a healthy scratch the following week after 8 consecutive starts.  Like Driscoll, he had a few lumps early but seemed to settle in fairly nicely.  I mean with both, still a lot of work to put in and room for improvement, but neither were a complete train wreck.  At this point they should play these youngsters - that is the only way they are going to get better plus highly doubt JP is going to offer much better play at RG.  

• Like 1