Jason Peters Back at Guard.

EazyEaglez

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2020/11/27/21722597/jordan-mailata-jason-peters-nfl-news-eagles-offensive-line-left-tackle-right-guard-starting-dillard

Days after Pederson told us JP was his starting LT he is now expected to move to guard. After all the turmoil this season I can’t help but to wonder if this was Doug’s choice or Peters choosing to stop looking like a bum out there. Once again Doug makes a commanding statement and days later something else happens. No matter how you try to spin this, it makes Doug look like he has little to no power controlling this team. 

• Like 6

This reminds me of Doug telling everyone Groh and Walch were safe only to fire them 24 hours later (reportedly his hand was forced to do so by Lurie and/or Howie - that would seem to make sense).  And with rumors of Howie having a say in who plays (which is completely absurd if true), could he have forced this move?  You would think that stuff like this would be easily dismissed as ridiculous, but this team is such a mess it really is hard to tell what is going on behind the scenes.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Doooooooooooooomed

5 minutes ago, time2rock said:

This reminds me of Doug telling everyone Groh and Walch were safe only to fire them 24 hours later (reportedly his hand was forced to do so by Lurie and/or Howie - that would seem to make sense).  And with rumors of Howie having a say in who plays (which is completely absurd if true), could he have forced this move?  You would think that stuff like this would be easily dismissed as ridiculous, but this team is such a mess it really is hard to tell what is going on behind the scenes.  

Not to mention Josh Huff is his guy. And then cut the next day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I don’t know for sure, but I feel like this one was Peters decision. I heard on the radio he had turf toe (blaming that on his poor performance) so they’re... no he’s moving himself to the inside. The more this squad struggles the more I wonder about how much power Doug really has. He can’t fire his DC. He can’t bench his quarterback. Heck he can’t even fully bench his old LT. All he has is play calling and by how things are going he might lose that too. On a side note all that talk about how bad Groh was well are people watching this putrid offense with all of these new coaches? Coaching by committee is not working for this team. Also since Press Taylor became passing coordinator Carson has really bottomed out. I don’t know what that dude did (other than being a guy Carson likes) to not be fired with the other two guys and get a promotion to boot! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2020/11/27/21722597/jordan-mailata-jason-peters-nfl-news-eagles-offensive-line-left-tackle-right-guard-starting-dillard

Days after Pederson told us JP was his starting LT he is now expected to move to guard. After all the turmoil this season I can’t help but to wonder if this was Doug’s choice or Peters choosing to stop looking like a bum out there. Once again Doug makes a commanding statement and days later something else happens. No matter how you try to spin this, it makes Doug look like he has little to no power controlling this team. 

See I was never with you on Doug's press conferences. I always said don't listen to him is all BS anyways . However, it's getting super annoying that he keeps saying one thing and the opposite happens

• Like 2

This article also says Lane is starting at RT and he’s out for the season.  And this is from an Eagles beat writer.  Quality content...

The Eagles’ projected starting offensive line now looks like this:

Left tackle — Jordan Mailata
Left guard — Isaac Seumalo
Center — Jason Kelce
Right guard — Jason Peters
Right tackle — Lane Johnson

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

See I was never with you on Doug's press conferences. I always said don't listen to him is all BS anyways . However, it's getting super annoying that he keeps saying one thing and the opposite happens

Honestly I’m okay with not being told the truth by a coach, but when he says one thing and blatantly does another it’s hard to dismiss this stuff as "coach speak.” Frankly the more Doug does stuff like this or allows these things to happen the more the media will grill him. On top of that he sometimes answers the same questions with different answers in the same interviews or days later. It just makes it seem like he’s not in control over there. 

Just now, Hawkeye said:

This article also says Lane is starting at RT and he’s out for the season.  And this is from an Eagles beat writer.  Quality content...

Center — Jason Kelce

This is not the only article that is saying Peters is moving to guard. Just the one I chose. 

26 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Center — Jason Kelce

That line might actually be pretty good.

29 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

This is not the only article that is saying Peters is moving to guard. Just the one I chose. 

No issue with your choice.  I’m just saying an Eagles beat writer needs to do better.  Basic stuff.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

No issue with your choice.  I’m just saying an Eagles beat writer needs to do better.  Basic stuff.

Maybe it was put out before the news about Lane, but I did find it curious as to why they mentioned Lane too. 

12 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Scratch Lane from that line, cause he’s out. I also wouldn’t be so ready to praise Peters at guard just yet. 

14 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Except Lane is done for the season, so we will never see that line. I also think JP is DONE, period. I don’t think he’s going to be much better at guard, a position he’s never actually played in the NFL, than he is at tackle. Also I love Kelce, but he’s far from healthy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Maybe it was put out before the news about Lane, but I did find it curious as to why they mentioned Lane too. 

Scratch Lane from that line, cause he’s out. I also wouldn’t be so ready to praise Peters at guard just yet. 

Agreed... I don’t get why everyone is so sure Peters will be any good at guard. He’s never played it, we have no clue if he’s have even been a good guard in his prime let alone when he’s a clearly cooked. 

On a side note, the Eagles should ask JP to give back some of the extra money they paid him to move to LT now. He himself insisted that LT should be paid more than RG, so he should have no problem with it. 

1 minute ago, nipples said:

Agreed... I don’t get why everyone is so sure Peters will be any good at guard. He’s never played it, we have no clue if he’s have even been a good guard in his prime let alone when he’s a clearly cooked. 

On a side note, the Eagles should ask JP to give back some of the extra money they paid him to move to LT now. He himself insisted that LT should be paid more than RG, so he should have no problem with it. 

He certainly did not earn that money on the outside. Heck he should just give that extra coin to Mialata’s account. He’s earned it more than JP for sure. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

If Doug ever calls someone his guy or doesn’t stumble all over himself the opposite is going to happen. Idk why more people haven’t noticed that. 

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

Doug said in his PC today that it was because of the Lane news

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Doug is just a "yes" man. he does what he is told. Always has always will. Yet another reason he should not be here. He never had control of this team since the day they hired him and the FO said we are hiring your DC and assistant coaches for you. You can see its taking a toll on him now as well with how snappy he gets in interviews etc. Hes burned out and ultimately, hes done here. 

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

If Doug ever calls someone his guy or doesn’t stumble all over himself the opposite is going to happen. Idk why more people haven’t noticed that. 

I've noticed it and it didn't bother and I didn't really care about it the last 4 years. For some reason this season it bothers me. 

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

Doug is just a "yes" man. he does what he is told. Always has always will. Yet another reason he should not be here. He never had control of this team since the day they hired him and the FO said we are hiring your DC and assistant coaches for you. You can see its taking a toll on him now as well with how snappy he gets in interviews etc. Hes burned out and ultimately, hes done here. 

I for the most part agree here. It’s like they went from giving Kelly everything to barely allowing the coach to do anything and covering it up "collaborative effort” speech. 

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Doug said in his PC today that it was because of the Lane news

Huh? That makes no sense, but I’m not surprised. 

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t know for sure, but I feel like this one was Peters decision. I heard on the radio he had turf toe (blaming that on his poor performance) so they’re... no he’s moving himself to the inside. The more this squad struggles the more I wonder about how much power Doug really has. He can’t fire his DC. He can’t bench his quarterback. Heck he can’t even fully bench his old LT. All he has is play calling and by how things are going he might lose that too. On a side note all that talk about how bad Groh was well are people watching this putrid offense with all of these new coaches? Coaching by committee is not working for this team. Also since Press Taylor became passing coordinator Carson has really bottomed out. I don’t know what that dude did (other than being a guy Carson likes) to not be fired with the other two guys and get a promotion to boot! 

I don't know if Peters started the game with turf toe. I doubt he did, but he gave up a bad sack early. The injury would explain why he left the game, returned, and looked way worse than he did the previous 2 weeks. IDK why they would even want to put him at G if he needs to heal at this point. I know some people always try to downplay  "turf toe" like it's equal to breaking a fingernail, but it's a pretty significant injury to a guy trying to keep leverage with all that weight. Rest him.

Groh just looks like a scape goat at this time. That's why I don't join the lynch mobs when they start chanting "________ must go!"

I think we all believe Jeff Stoutland is one of our best coaches and trust the job he does. But his job was overwhelming this year losing so many guys early, and weekly. I haven't seen one person call for his head, yet the line is having it's worst season by far since he's been here. The reason we aren't is because we understand the situation. But it's weird that we completely gloss over the O-line woes when blaming the rest of the coaches and Wentz for the mess we see this season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

I don't know if Peters started the game with turf toe. I doubt he did, but he gave up a bad sack early. The injury would explain why he left the game, returned, and looked way worse than he did the previous 2 weeks. IDK why they would even want to put him at G if he needs to heal at this point. I know some people always try to downplay  "turf toe" like it's equal to breaking a fingernail, but it's a pretty significant injury to a guy trying to keep leverage with all that weight. Rest him.

Groh just looks like a scape goat at this time. That's why I don't join the lynch mobs when they start chanting "________ must go!"

I think we all believe Jeff Stoutland is one of our best coaches and trust the job he does. But his job was overwhelming this year losing so many guys early, and weekly. I haven't seen one person call for his head, yet the line is having it's worst season by far since he's been here. The reason we aren't is because we understand the situation. But it's weird that we completely gloss over the O-line woes when blaming the rest of the coaches and Wentz for the mess we see this season. 

"It all starts upfront” might be a cliche’ thing to say, but this team has had ridiculous issues with their offensive line. It feels like every week there is a new starting five and in some games it’s like every offensive linemen is a guy we never heard about get playing time. I’m not trying to absolve Stoutland completely, but a lot of the problems with this team starts with the offensive live and how they can’t keep a healthy cohesive unit week to week. With that being the case Doug has a struggling offensive line and a lost quarterback to go with a back averaging nearly 6 yards a carry. I’m not saying Sanders is durable enough to be counted on like Titans running back Derek Henry, but this guy needs more carries to bail out this line, quarterback, and defense. I don’t understand why Doug fails to see this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

"It all starts upfront” might be a cliche’ thing to say, but this team has had ridiculous issues with their offensive line. It feels like every week there is a new starting five and in some games it’s like every offensive linemen is a guy we never heard about get playing time. I’m not trying to absolve Stoutland completely, but a lot of the problems with this team starts with the offensive live and how they can’t keep a healthy cohesive unit week to week. With that being the case Doug has a struggling offensive line and a lost quarterback to go with a back averaging nearly 6 yards a carry. I’m not saying Sanders is durable enough to be counted on like Titans running back Derek Henry, but this guy needs more carries to bail out this line, quarterback, and defense. I don’t understand why Doug fails to see this. 

I've been saying it for years. I said it when Reid was here. You can't pass your way out of a passing funk. When your passing game is causing so many issues, sacks, strip sacks, QB hits, dropped passes, INTs, etc... and then field conditions or defenses compound problems, balance the freakin' offense! It's sad when you average almost 6 yards per run play and just over 4 per pass play and still pass 2/3 of the time on your way to a loss. 

The good news is we brought Howard back. Last year we went through passing struggles early and we turned things around with Howard's legs. Sanders is a better HB than he was at this time and Scott keeps proving doubters that he has value. This team has everything it needs to run the ball much more than they have --- especially with Goedert and Rodgers at TE. We all want to see the passing game turn around, but you just can't force it to happen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I've been saying it for years. I said it when Reid was here. You can't pass your way out of a passing funk. When your passing game is causing so many issues, sacks, strip sacks, QB hits, dropped passes, INTs, etc... and then field conditions or defenses compound problems, balance the freakin' offense! It's sad when you average almost 6 yards per run play and just over 4 per pass play and still pass 2/3 of the time on your way to a loss. 

The good news is we brought Howard back. Last year we went through passing struggles early and we turned things around with Howard's legs. Sanders is a better HB than he was at this time and Scott keeps proving doubters that he has value. This team has everything it needs to run the ball much more than they have --- especially with Goedert and Rodgers at TE. We all want to see the passing game turn around, but you just can't force it to happen.

I’m glad Howard’s back and I hope they use him. I don’t know why Doug doesn’t realize he had a top five rushing team when he won the super bowl. They actually were a very physical run team and that physicality permeated throughout the entire football team. He let the run/pass ratio get really out of whack in the Chiefs game that year and then they ran the ball much more afterwards. Run the ball!!! 

3 hours ago, nipples said:

Except Lane is done for the season, so we will never see that line. I also think JP is DONE, period. I don’t think he’s going to be much better at guard, a position he’s never actually played in the NFL, than he is at tackle. Also I love Kelce, but he’s far from healthy. 

I wonder why Kelce still plays. He’s made his money, and won a championship. He’s got nothing else to prove to anyone. He’s definitely an all time Eagles great.