Matt Patricia (Ex-Lions HC) -- HIRED BY NEW ENGLAND AS CONSULTANT

phil77

We will be in the market for a defensive coordinator which he was excellent as for New England. I doubt he will be getting another head coaching job next year.  He should be on the interview list. 

6 minutes ago, phil77 said:

We will be in the market for a defensive coordinator which he was excellent as for New England. I doubt he will be getting another head coaching job next year.  He should be on the interview list. 

You have got to be kidding.

When it comes to defense you have to give the credit to Belichick.

• Like 3

If we're going with former Patriots defensive coordinators, I'd much rather have Romeo Crennel if the Texans decide to go in a different direction for their HC position.

However,  there's a decent possibility of him staying as their HC and the Texans dropping the interim label, given his pedigree, especially if the team finishes strong.

If Crennel is available, he'd be a solid candidate, but he historically runs a 3-4 defense which is less than ideal. Then again, if we're rebuilding, it may not matter much anyways.

On 11/28/2020 at 4:57 PM, phil77 said:

We will be in the market for a defensive coordinator which he was excellent as for New England. I doubt he will be getting another head coaching job next year.  He should be on the interview list. 

Did you miss Super Bowl 52?

image.thumb.jpeg.a3e06bbb24c99d7c8c0d306e827eec39.jpeg

• Like 2

@phil77 I can see why you would throw Patricia's name out there, but I don't see his personality sitting well with the players. The Lions' locker room couldn't stand him after only a few weeks. He's a Belichick wannabe without the respect Belichick receives. Schwartz shouldn't be fired. The defense isn't terrible. Howie's lack of drafting better talent and the defense getting winded by the fourth quarter because the offense can't stay on the field is the reason 2020's defense has petered out. Plus it never seems like Howie has a good backup plan when big names leave. Putting Mills from corner to safety was the best he could do?

On 11/29/2020 at 8:45 PM, eaglesfan0075 said:

If we're going with former Patriots defensive coordinators, I'd much rather have Romeo Crennel if the Texans decide to go in a different direction for their HC position.

However,  there's a decent possibility of him staying as their HC and the Texans dropping the interim label, given his pedigree, especially if the team finishes strong.

If Crennel is available, he'd be a solid candidate, but he historically runs a 3-4 defense which is less than ideal. Then again, if we're rebuilding, it may not matter much anyways.

😂😂😂 Crennel is worse than Schwartz!

Another DC who couldn't cut it as a HC for the Lions and becomes the DC in Philly?  No thanks. :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Another DC who couldn't cut it as a HC for the Lions and becomes the DC in Philly?  No thanks. :lol:

Someone got what I was going for.  Surprised it took that long.  LOL 

Patricia with the young talent on this D could easily produce the 30th ranked defense.

• Haha 1