Antoine Winfield Jr. (Minnesota, S) -- drafted by Bucs

QBhunter58

I really think the Eagles should target a starting safety somewhere in the middle rounds, so lets start at the top (near the top) and work our way down!

I was a big fan of his dad when he played, undersized rangy corner who played with aggression. His son is not an incredible athlete, but he has a mean streak that is exciting to watch. He also appears to be a pretty cerebral player in what little film I have seen, which is important for someone who doesn't have incredible recovery agility. May not have as high a ceiling as other safeties, but he is a pretty sure bet to be a solid starter (if he stays healthy), wouldnt hate in round 2

https://www.thedailygopher.com/2020/4/22/21231246/2020-nfl-draft-preview-minnesota-golden-gophers-safety-antoine-winfield-jr-son-of-nfl-great

• Like 1

Good player, i just am concerned with him injuries in the past. He has the talent. 

If he is there #53, you have to draft him. Great replacement for McLeod

40 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

If he is there #53, you have to draft him. Great replacement for McLeod

I agree but I have a feeling he will be gone. IMO he’ll be the second safety off the board, after McKinney. 

Would be interesting for both our first and second round picks to have a father that played in the NFL. I don’t know if this is just anecdotal or if there is something to it, but players with that "NFL pedigree” seem to work out more often than not. 

On 4/23/2020 at 8:17 AM, QBhunter58 said:

I really think the Eagles should target a starting safety somewhere in the middle rounds, so lets start at the top (near the top) and work our way down!

I was a big fan of his dad when he played, undersized rangy corner who played with aggression. His son is not an incredible athlete, but he has a mean streak that is exciting to watch. He also appears to be a pretty cerebral player in what little film I have seen, which is important for someone who doesn't have incredible recovery agility. May not have as high a ceiling as other safeties, but he is a pretty sure bet to be a solid starter (if he stays healthy), wouldnt hate in round 2

https://www.thedailygopher.com/2020/4/22/21231246/2020-nfl-draft-preview-minnesota-golden-gophers-safety-antoine-winfield-jr-son-of-nfl-great

I'd take Winfield or Delpit. I do prefer Delpit more, but Winfield is nice too.