Howie Goes, Doug Stays mock draft

ibleedgreen1990

HC: Doug Pederson - Good Players coach, just needs to give up play calling

OC: Pep Hamilton - done really well with Herbert so far. New play caller

DC: Brent Venables - Had consistent defenses for years

GM: Daniel Jeremiah - Good talent evaluator that will actually listen to his scouts

WR: Mickey Joseph - Gets a pay bump to coach a familiar position in the big leagues.

Offseason:

Where to start? Almost seems impossible to realistically mock getting under the cap. 

Retire:

Jason Peters

Jason Kelce

Position Change:

Seumalo to Center

Restructure:

Brandon Graham - This guy loves Philly. As long as he gets the same money in the end he will allow us to give him a big signing bonus for a smaller contract

Brandin Brooks - Coming off injury and will get some up front money to give us a little more wiggle room

Fletcher Cox - Retires an Eagle and also takes a bigger bonus to allow his salary to be adjusted 

Release/Let Walk:

Jeffery, Jackson, Robey-Coleman, Clement, Sudfeld, Mills, Gerry, Riley

Extend:

Barnett - Im sure we can get him on an annual salary thats cheaper that what he will be getting. He is having a hell of a year so we will see.

Keep:

Fulgham, Howard, Singleton, Ward, LeBlanc

Trade:

Malik Jackson - Hes older and comes with a bigger salary. dont think we get much for him. a 6th maybe. We do this to get his contract off us.

Zach Ertz - Trade him to the Packers for a 2nd 

Draft

1. Ja'Marr Chase WR

2. Jaylen Twyman DT

2. Paulson Adebo CB

3. Andre Cisco S

5. Cade Mays IOL

6. Ifeatu Melifonwu S

6. Roger McCreary CB

7. Joshuah Kaindoh DE

1 hour ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

HC: Doug Pederson - Good Players coach, just needs to give up play calling

OC: Pep Hamilton - done really well with Herbert so far. New play caller

It’s a good mock. The giving up play calling to someone who never called plays in the nfl will never happen. I do think Pep can help with game planning and and script some plays but I don’t see Doug giving up in game play calling. 

A bit copy and paste of mine lay-out wise but I like what I’m seeing.

Agreed with my brother @20dawk4life that Doug will never ever give up playcalling entirely. Then again; according to Rapaport Doug’s on the hot seat. If Doug becomes the scapegoat, Lurie’s firing the wrong man IMO.

Made a mistake in mine. We’ll never ever get a 2nd for Ertz. Went with a 3rd and 5th but that doesn’t seem likely. Guess a 4th is what we could get for him.

A 6th for Jackson sounds plausible though.

As for the draft; not a fan of Adebo but you redeemed yourself by taking Cisco in the 3rd (don’t think he’ll last that long but we’ll see) but doing nothing to bolster the LB group won’t cut it IMO.

I expect the Eagles will have the 5th pick in the draft. Need to watch the Combine and some video to get a feel for the players. Thanks for posting the videos of these players. the Eagles better not screw this draft up. This should be our best draft in years. 

I like it, but all these mocks with us netting a 2nd or 3rd/5th for Ertz just isn't going to happen.  I can see us snagging a 4...MAYBE a 3 for him and that's it honestly.  

On 12/8/2020 at 8:38 PM, b_west3 said:

I like it, but all these mocks with us netting a 2nd or 3rd/5th for Ertz just isn't going to happen.  I can see us snagging a 4...MAYBE a 3 for him and that's it honestly.  

We need Bill O’Brien to get another GM/HC today

I really like the Kaindoh pick.  First time I've seen someone else picking him.  I like Caden Sterns more than Andre Cisco.  I also like McCreary, but check out Robert Rochelle from Central Arkansas.

On 12/6/2020 at 11:01 AM, ibleedgreen1990 said:

DC: Brent Venables - Had consistent defenses for years

The fact that no one has mercilessly killed you for suggesting this makes me question the football IQ and/or realism of every single f'ing person that's been in this thread. You may as well have written Mickey Mouse. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, stinkfist said:

The fact that no one has mercilessly killed you for suggesting this makes me question the football IQ and/or realism of every single f'ing person that's been in this thread. You may as well have written Mickey Mouse. 

Not gonna please everyone lol. 

Where’s your mock?

4 hours ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

Not gonna please everyone lol. 

Where’s your mock?

It's not about "pleasing everyone". You just suggested a defensive coordinator making more than 95% of NFL defensive coordinators is going to take an NFL defensive coordinator job instead of staying in his current better paying job OR taking a college head coaching job where he'd make $7-10 million per year. That's just bonkers. Not sure if you didn't think it through or are throwing crap at a wall and hoping it sticks. 

As for your second question, while I couldn't care a bit about mock drafts as they are nothing but clicks for readers to me ... you don't want to go there. 

6 hours ago, stinkfist said:

It's not about "pleasing everyone". You just suggested a defensive coordinator making more than 95% of NFL defensive coordinators is going to take an NFL defensive coordinator job instead of staying in his current better paying job OR taking a college head coaching job where he'd make $7-10 million per year. That's just bonkers. Not sure if you didn't think it through or are throwing crap at a wall and hoping it sticks. 

As for your second question, while I couldn't care a bit about mock drafts as they are nothing but clicks for readers to me ... you don't want to go there. 

Couldn't care less about the opinion about someone who doesnt post their own stuff and just critiques. I do these for fun, not because they are super realstic or what I believe will actually happen. 

I do want to go there. Drop a mock. If youre on here putting EVERYONES IQ on blast then im interested to see what you would do. Put up or shut up.

1 hour ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

Couldn't care less about the opinion about someone who doesnt post their own stuff 

I put up mocks, Top 100s, scouting reports and ran multiple sites for ... over a decade. You throwing a fit because you showed your arse on a ridiculous offseason exercise warrants only what it got, a laugh. 

You're responding an awful lot to someone you don't care about by the way. A tip from someone who got paid to do this, grow way, way thicker skin. It'll serve you well. 

2 hours ago, stinkfist said:

I put up mocks, Top 100s, scouting reports and ran multiple sites for ... over a decade. You throwing a fit because you showed your arse on a ridiculous offseason exercise warrants only what it got, a laugh. 

You're responding an awful lot to someone you don't care about by the way. A tip from someone who got paid to do this, grow way, way thicker skin. It'll serve you well. 

Checking for your stuff on here, anywhere, and coming up empty handed..

I tell you I don’t care about your opinion and you write me a big ol rant but I need thicker skin? Lmao ok 🤔