Robert Saleh (49ers DC) -- HIRED BY NY JETS

philafan4o8

saleh-2.thumb.jpg.59000db0330627f76f9c6b037bc21ac7.jpg

For head coach, the eagles clearly need a leader of men. Robert Saleh is one of my top candidate if (or when) "Dougie P" gets canned.

While he is the complete opposite of the Eagles ideal HC, I think with a good OC he would be a be a great coach in this league. Eagles have gotten away from defense. We need to get back to the 2004 days where we had a strong/tough defense. Rough riders like Dawkins, Trotter, Sheldon Brown, etc. Saleh will bring that toughness, given he has a say on what players to get in. 

Sean McDermott has made the Bills relevant and the eagles didn't interview him the same year they hired "Dougie P." We won a super bowl so I am not going to say they made the wrong decision but McDermott is clearly the better of the two coach, RIGHT NOW.

I think the Eagles should look at Saleh and look to get him a top OC and QB coach to develop both Wentz and Hurts.

I mentioned him in the "Doug Stepping Down" thread earlier today.

8 hours ago, time2rock said:

IF we were to can Doug (or he steps down, which I just don't see happening), I do feel that we will once again look at offensive-minded coaches as the next HC.  But honestly, I don't think it really matters either way - I think you need a good leader of men, regardless of what side of the ball they coach currently, and then that person hires competent coordinators to run those units.  I wouldn't mind Saleh (SF DC) as next HC and let him hire someone who is creative, innovative, able to adjust his scheme, play to his players strengths, etc. to run the offense.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I mentioned him in the "Doug Stepping Down" thread earlier today.

Great minds think alike!

• Haha 1

I like Saleh but I don't know about a young defensive HC? I guess if we could get a great young offensive mind to be OC then they'd be calling the plays. 

Ok I've convinced myself. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lurie clearly loves O minded coaches for HC.  And this league has become an O-forward league the way the rules are now.  What you need to win is an O capable up putting up 30+ points and a bend-don't-break D that can create TOs.  I'm not against a D minded HC as long as he can lead the entire team.  Of course he'd need a very good OC to run that side of the team, but he could give good insight into a quality OC by asking himself which of these OC candidates would I hate most to coach against as a DC.  Just as long as a D minded coach doesn't do what Buddy did in his time here and pretty much ignore the O side of the ball, then I don't see why it couldn't work. 

I'd be surprised if Lurie went with a D minded HC.  And Howie still needs to be gone in any situation and I'm not sure about that happening any time soon.

On 12/9/2020 at 8:54 AM, Green_Guinness said:

Lurie clearly loves O minded coaches for HC.  And this league has become an O-forward league the way the rules are now.  What you need to win is an O capable up putting up 30+ points and a bend-don't-break D that can create TOs.  I'm not against a D minded HC as long as he can lead the entire team.  Of course he'd need a very good OC to run that side of the team, but he could give good insight into a quality OC by asking himself which of these OC candidates would I hate most to coach against as a DC.  Just as long as a D minded coach doesn't do what Buddy did in his time here and pretty much ignore the O side of the ball, then I don't see why it couldn't work. 

I'd be surprised if Lurie went with a D minded HC.  And Howie still needs to be gone in any situation and I'm not sure about that happening any time soon.

This

• 1 month later...

Saleh and Bieniemy are my top 2 NFL guys.

Riley and Day are my top 2 college guys

2 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Love this! Saleh is in my top 3 candidates

By the time the 49ers agree to let the Eagles interview him he will be done his second interview and signed with the Jets.(Which his interview is today BTW, private Jet flying him to NY today) This is just a move to delay time till they can interview a coach currently in the playoffs. 

17 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

I love Saleh as a HC candidate too but did he agree to do the interview?  

36 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Ahhh man! I’d love it if he’d become the next HC! Let him bring in LeFleur as OC and Mufasa as DC.

Please make it happen!

39 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Ahhh man! I’d love it if he’d become the next HC! Let him bring in LeFleur as OC and Mufasa as DC.

Please make it happen!

LaFleur seems a bit inexperienced (kinda like Taylor) to be OC, don't ya think?  

10 minutes ago, time2rock said:

LaFleur seems a bit inexperienced (kinda like Taylor) to be OC, don't ya think?  

Possibly...

I would be happy with this. It would be between him and Riley for #1 target but Saleh is more realistic.

18 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

I would be happy with this. It would be between him and Riley for #1 target but Saleh is more realistic.

Ugggghhh .... Kafka.  

And LeFleur reminds me too much of Press Taylor (with regard to level of experience).  

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

I'd be pretty happy with that to be fair. Saleh as HC with DeMeco as DC. The key then though is getting the right OC.

Parsons in play if he did come here I would imagine especially with Mufasa at dc.  Maybe not our first but I’d be willing to bet they go after Moses or another high lb in the 2nd at least

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'd be pretty happy with that to be fair. Saleh as HC with DeMeco as DC. The key then though is getting the right OC.

Brian Schottenheimer as OC!!!!!

Marquand Manuel worked together in Seattle so there is some familiarity there as well

Maybe Alshon is the source for this leak also lol (sarcasm for you lames in the back)

Sounds like Jets are going all-in on landing Saleh.  Will be surprised if they let him leave town without a deal being done.  

I know this is just wishful thinking but the Eagles should just hire Saleh lol. Rumors are that Lurie wants someone from the Shanahan tree. 

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

I know this is just wishful thinking but the Eagles should just hire Saleh lol. Rumors are that Lurie wants someone from the Shanahan tree. 

The worry is having to hire OC's every time the offense gets humming. If Mike LaFleur comes in as OC and turns this broken offense around, you can be sure he will be a head coach in short order.