Did the Saints get caught looking past the Eagles?

Wallyhorse

Did the Saints get caught looking ahead  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Were the Saints looking past the Eagles to the Chiefs?

• Yes
    • No

The Saints have always shown the Eagles very little respect over the years. Honestly outside our Div imo Eagles vs Saints is almost like a grudge match. The crap talking they do about us is far to common. This game they clearly didn't care and thought little of us. Was nice to put them in their place.

Without doubt. At this time of the year good teams don't lose to bad teams unless they take their eye off the game in front of them. The Saints absolutely did that and they had an eye on next week because that's potentially a SB dress rehearsal (though I don't think NO are getting there).

If they were, then good. F the Saints. I hope they don’t get the 1 seed back. Don’t F this up Green Bay. Make them come to Lambeau in late January. 

• Like 1

I’m sure they did and they got burnt, I freaking hate the Saints and anytime the Eagles can make them look bad I’m happy.

The Saints are probably my most hated team in the NFL, the Vikes are up there on my list as well.

• Like 1

Best part of the game for me was seeing Sanders bury Jenkins on his way to that big TD run. Was never a Jenkins fan, and unlike most here I was fine to see him go this offseason. 

• Like 2

Hill was awful.  It's great to have a QB that can run but he also has to be able to pass the ball.  He's no starting QB in this league.  The Saints found that out for sure in this game.  On that note I went to the Dolphins game yesterday.  Miami is lacking WRs but this kid Tua was really impressive.  He repeatedly put balls into very small windows.  Unbelievable accuracy and touch.

Of course they did. The Saints and that smug faced Payton have very little respect for the Eagles and its been that way for a few years now....

I am so glad we pulled out the win though...the fact that it was against the Saints and the number one ranked defense makes it that much more satisfying.....

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

If they were, then good. F the Saints. I hope they don’t get the 1 seed back. Don’t F this up Green Bay. Make them come to Lambeau in late January. 

Yea. I hate the packers but I hate the saints way more. Would love to see them outside their dome in a warm ass state and have to play in -20 Green Bay. I just wonder what they'll cry about all offseason. "All playoff games should be in a dome!!" Fing cry babies. 

• Like 3

3rd road game in a row, Chiefs up next ... they probably were.  But who cares.  Every team is playing under their own set up difficult circumstances.  I'm glad we finally beat them, was so tired of losing to them.  Wish Hurts was starting for us in the Seattle game ... another team I can't stand losing to anymore.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

Sean Payton's face looked like he was at a funeral in the post game press conference.. lol😂

Nice, very nice :D

To answer the OP, who cares, the Eagles won.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, time2rock said:

3rd road game in a row, Chiefs up next ... they probably were.  But who cares.  Every team is playing under their own set up difficult circumstances.  I'm glad we finally beat them, was so tired of losing to them.  Wish Hurts was starting for us in the Seattle game ... another team I can't stand losing to anymore.  

Tell me about it. And it seems we play them every year.

So I had to go look up next year's schedule and...... we play an NFC West team at home.

Am I right in thinking it's who we match up with at the final standings ?

23 minutes ago, gregbwfc1 said:

Tell me about it. And it seems we play them every year.

So I had to go look up next year's schedule and...... we play an NFC West team at home.

Am I right in thinking it's who we match up with at the final standings ?

I believe that is correct.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I believe that is correct.  

Thanks 👍

So it's definitely a chance if the Eagles can carry on playing at yesterday's level.

As it stands, Eagles could honestly finish anywhere in the division.

Whereas Seattle is surely either 1st or 2nd in theirs.

11 minutes ago, gregbwfc1 said:

Thanks 👍

So it's definitely a chance if the Eagles can carry on playing at yesterday's level.

As it stands, Eagles could honestly finish anywhere in the division.

Whereas Seattle is surely either 1st or 2nd in theirs.

Seattle is tied with LA in their division each with 9-4 records (but I believe LA hold the head-to-head tiebreaker).  We are currently 3rd in the NFCE (AZ is 3rd in the NFCW and likely to end there - they are 2 games behind LA/Seattle and 2 games ahead of SF with only 3 to play).  We're only a half game ahead of Dallas ... that week 16 matchup could likely determine who ends in the NFCE basement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

The Football Team was playing its third straight road game as well and they mauled the 49ers. 

If they were looking past anybody in december, then they don't deserve the 1 seed.  

Watching sean payton all these years, he doesn't look past anybody.....he sees games against weaker opponents as a chance to rack up points and statistics.

Anyway, this is a typical eagle fan question.....can't give the eagles credit.....it "must" have been something the opponent did or didn't do.

Yea, the Saints looked past us but you have to give some credit to the Eagles team that showed up last night.  I thought they played tough, stuck with it and looked like a team that wanted it for the first time this season. 

1 hour ago, Wallyhorse said:

The Football Team was playing its third straight road game as well and they mauled the 49ers. 

And they host Seattle next weekend.  Will be a good test for them.  

Honestly I dont think they did. What happened is that Taysom Hill was actually faced with a halfway decent defense. He has not been in a spot where his QB ability has been challenged until yesterday, they got exposed.

I'm going to say no.  Taysom Hill was due a bad game because he isn't a very good Qb.  Eagles D has been playing well for a month.

• Like 1