Weekly line thread: Eagles +5.5/6 at Arizona

Hawkeye

Kyler Murray was the Oklahoma QB just before Jalen Hurts and they have very similar playing styles in what might be one of the more entertaining games of the season.

Eagles bettors will over-react and pound the number down, I suspect.

Line: Eagles +5.5/6
Money Line: Cardinals -270/Eagles +225
Total: 48.5

• Like 1

OK, lets get the predictions going........let's jump on the bandwagon....

Eagles put the "Hurts" on the cardinals playoff chances:

Eagles 27  Cards 20

Honestly, the only way the eagles win is if the defensive line plays like it did last week and takes a load of pressure off the d-backs.  

Pressure Murray, get some turnovers and short fields for Hurts.  Cardinal's defense is good but not as good as the saints......and their run defense isn't good, so if Pedersen had any sense, he would run the ball down their throats.....and control the game.

Which Cardinals team shows up? They were banged up and bad for over a month. Then they just put a buzzsaw up against the Giants. That Cardinals team will be tough to beat. If the Eagles can do a repeat performance of the Saints game they might a chance. With their secondary injured that's going to be tough.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, toolg said:

Which Cardinals team shows up? They were banged up and bad for over a month. Then they just put a buzzsaw up against the Giants. That Cardinals team will be tough to beat. If the Eagles can do a repeat performance of the Saints game they might a chance. With their secondary injured that's going to be tough.

They are inconsistent because neither line is all that good.  The strength of the D is the back 7 and the strength of the O is at the skill positions.  Our D-Line is playing very well, so if our secondary isn't missing too many pieces we will hang with them.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Eagles_All_Day said:

Who covers D Hop? Slay?

Eagles have won plenty of games with this formula before.  Let dHop get 200 yds, don't let them run the ball or let Murray carve you up with his legs.  Control the clock and try to grind it out 23-20.

• Like 2

As mentioned in another threat. Since Murray and Hurts are the same style QB, the Cardinals will know the best way to contain Hurts. This game will be determined by Doug and his 100 offensive coaches and the game plan they come up with. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

As mentioned in another threat. Since Murray and Hurts are the same style QB, the Cardinals will know the best way to contain Hurts. This game will be determined by Doug and his 100 offensive coaches and the game plan they come up with. 

Well, that makes me feel all warm, fuzzy and good. 

Time for our young guys on D to step up like the young guys on offense did last year in December.

Grind it out win for the Birds (ours): 24-21

Arizona significantly regressed up until last week against the Giants.  If our D can somehow limit Hopkins and contain Murray, they should be able to win.  I don't know if I'd put Slay on Hopkins 1 on 1.  Other teams have figured out creative ways to shut him down recently, so I'm sure our secondary will give up 200+ yards to him this weekend.    

Arizona wins this one pretty easily.  We are too banged up in our secondary and OL.  I expect them to load the box more than the Saints did. They will make Hurts throw it and our WRs are not making plays consistently.  

8 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

Arizona wins this one pretty easily.  We are too banged up in our secondary and OL.  I expect them to load the box more than the Saints did. They will make Hurts throw it and our WRs are not making plays consistently.  

We will see. If they load the box more, that leaves more openings for the WR to make plays. They aren’t great by any means, but I do think the WRs are better than they looked with Wentz at QB. 

• Like 1

On 12/14/2020 at 11:37 AM, Eagles_All_Day said:

Who covers D Hop? Slay?

Good question....

2 hours ago, nipples said:

We will see. If they load the box more, that leaves more openings for the WR to make plays. They aren’t great by any means, but I do think the WRs are better than they looked with Wentz at QB. 

Agreed. Hurts puts a nice touch on the ball....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Agreed. Hurts puts a nice touch on the ball....

That is true. Hurts does seem to have a nice touch pass. I think that's why Sanders was able to catch a pass or two rather than with Wentz where its fired in to him more.

• Like 1

Midweek update:

Eagles +6.5 is the number in most shops although there's plenty of 6 out there.
Total is up to 49 in a lot of books as well.

Early action seems to be on the Eagles. 

• Like 1

On 12/14/2020 at 8:35 AM, dawkins4prez said:

if the Eagles secondary is banged up then yeah, if they are healthy Eagles cover.