The Good, the bad and the ugly: Week 16 At Dallas

e-a-g-l-e-s eagles!

2 hours ago, Wentz 2 Ertz said:

Funny, I totally forgot about JJAW.  Shows how far he's fallen. 

Regarding drafting WRs, Gallup and Lamb just showed how good WRs can make an offense explosive.  We need good WRs period.  I agree you don't need a bonafide super star at the position but you at least need competence.  We could win games with a healthy Alshon and DJax but clearly that plan hasn't worked and now they are both older and slower. 

Lol yup I think everyone has forgotten about JJAW.

I think the problem with eagles WRs is how they are used. Ward leads all eagles receivers including TEs in snaps and did so again yesterday, he leads the team in receptions and had a 7 yards catch Ave. He's used like a out let RB and the sad part is the eagles used Agholor the same way he was just a bit faster and explosive than ward though in 2018 he had just as many awful games with under 10 yards/ catch just off set by a random long catch here and there.

Reagor has been relegated to one pattern, the out pattern, it's about the only one he's shown he's able to consistently run. At least Doug stopped lining him up at X and tossing him back shoulder fades against teams best corners, that's not reagors game, at this point I'm not sure what his game is but it was never that 

Jeffrey has taken snaps away from fulgham and hightower, desean from watkins and hightower.

Rookies don't get much better on the bench, gotta let em work. 

Hopefully against the wash team reagor hightower watkins fulgham get the majority of the snaps. Unless Howie is dilusional into thinking he can showcase jeffrey and desean for trades, that like showcasing a warm hot pile of garbage and asking for bids?

Either way I don't trust Howie to make a good pick with whatever position he takes.

• Like 2

The whole game was a disaster, because DP got greedy. After successfully moving the ball and getting lucky on Jackson's long TD...DP got greedy! He abandoned an emphasis on moving the chains and resorted to throwing the ball as much as possible ways. Bad Strategy!!!  He let the Cowboys offense back on the field and let them back into the game. 90% of the blame goes to the coach putting his players in the position to Loose. He should have grounded and moved the chains with long drives that took time off the clock...Instead ,with the worst secondary, he decided to play shoot out with the best trio of WRs in the league. Idiot! DP was outcoached.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, brkmsn said:

If if Chase was on our team yesterday, I'm not sure I see a different outcome. If someone like Surtain really isn't worthy of where we pick, we can trade down a couple slots, get another pick in the process and still address our biggest need. We can't afford to fix CB in free agency and if our CB2 doesn't change, no matter what WR we have, he will get outperformed on the field by whoever CB2 covers each week. Every time things got ugly this year, we had Mills to turn to --- he may not even be back next year. Any injury to Slay and our CB2 becomes CB1 ...

I mean ... some of you need to check your man crush and consider instead our biggest need. 

Completely this. Hopkins is probably the best WR in the league and the Cardinals still don't look very good with him. He puts up good numbers and makes amazing plays, but ultimately it's still about the QB, the line and having a D which is at least decent. 

Next year on the O-line we get back Johnson, Brooks, Dillard and Driscoll. Mailata should continue to get better. We need to add more depth/Kelce's replacement inside, but the line should hopefully be pretty good next year. 

The D needs help all over the place. I'm with you, unless there is a stand out player available, see if we can trade down 2/3 spots and get one of the corners and then add more talent with the extra high pick.

DB definitely needs help, lot of it.  Even Slay comes in with a lot of fanfare, he has not shut down that many WRs.  Yes, he got an INT yesterday.  But that TO did not result in points, thanks to the problems on offense.  That was the point when I knew the game was lost.  

OL and DL have been traditional emphases of the team.  Believe they will continue to build on that.  DL is getting old, and need young bulks to develop.  OT is a bit better in terms of depth.  Some young ones should emerge next season.

WR has some new blood.  But they are not seasoned enough to take the load.  Add more in the mix should be on the card.  DJax got his long TD, but that was too little over his two seasons here.  And it was not enough to win the game.  The Cowboys got 3 long TDs to counter our only 1. 

17 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

The most important part of your post.... We have to lose next game at all cost because;

1) We are now back on the JaMar Chase trail &

2) it KO's Jerruh Jones and his REF bribing a** team..

I’ve never really wished for a loss before, but I think I agree with you. It only helps us out for 2021 and it screws the ‘boys. Screwing them over is almost better than a win heads up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Columbus Eagle said:

I’ve never really wished for a loss before, but I think I agree with you. It only helps us out for 2021 and it screws the ‘boys. Screwing them over is almost better than a win heads up. 

Absolutely got to lose and stick it to Jerruh Jones. He does this shi* a lot when Eagles come to play in Texas, I remember last year when he paid the refs to have things go the Cowgurls way, 1) The fumble which Grugeir-Hill caused on the opening play to be ruled NOT a fumble, the review showed it was a clear fumble and 2) who can forget the Dallas Goedert pass interference after Goedert took a shot to his head, causing the TD to be called back, are you fricken kidding me..

F******************* JERRUH JONES, HIS CHEATING REFS & HIS COWGURLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Like 3

Only way to build a team is thru the draft.  Howie is horrible at drafting.  If he's allowed to continue to pick the players we're going to be last in this division for a while.  Better get used to 4-12, 5-11 seasons

3 hours ago, weko said:

Only way to build a team is thru the draft.  Howie is horrible at drafting.  If he's allowed to continue to pick the players we're going to be last in this division for a while.  Better get used to 4-12, 5-11 seasons

Yes, he hid his poor drafting through free agency. Now that he has to pay Wentz $30m a year he can no longer sign as many FA’s and his shortcomings as a talent evaluator are even more obvious. 

On 12/30/2020 at 3:51 AM, Road to Victory said:

Yes, he hid his poor drafting through free agency. Now that he has to pay Wentz $30m a year he can no longer sign as many FA’s and his shortcomings as a talent evaluator are even more obvious. 

I remember on the old Eagles messageboard, where I kept posting  on why Eagles should just tag Wentz before giving him a long term contract to see how he does as his durability was concerning, over and over again but Wentz homers like Don Conleone would come out with the abuses and name calling.. Well Wentz with his contract looks great  now :roll:

54 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

I remember on the old Eagles messageboard, where I kept posting  on why Eagles should just tag Wentz before giving him a long term contract to see how he does as his durability was concerning, over and over again but Wentz homers like Don Conleone would come out with the abuses and name calling.. Well Wentz with his contract looks great  now :roll:

Honestly, If Wentz plays like 2017, 2018, or end of 2019, that contract looks great --- especially after Mahomes' contract sets the bar for QBs moving forward. But 2020 happened. We all saw what happened and have discussed it for months. The way the Eagles handled the situation has me expecting the Eagles to trade Wentz, since Doug admits to wanting to be here next year. It didn't really look to me like Doug wanted to be here, but I believe he's telling the truth that he does. So ... it seems unlikely that Pederson, Wentz and Hurts will all be part of the Eagles in 2021. 

Now ... should the situation somehow work itself out and Wentz remains an Eagle, I have no doubt he'll prove that this was just a bad year. If Wentz gets dealt to another club, I have no doubt he will put 2020 behind him and be that team's franchise QB for years. When you consider how long QBs tend to play, Wentz is still young enough to keep improving, learning things, correcting things --- I mean you really have to expect QBs to play well into their late 30s and sometimes early 40s. I certainly don't consider Wentz a "mature QB" at this point, but I think he will be (probably around year 8 in the league) .

Anyway, if Wentz returns to "good Wentz," that contract will look pretty cheap in a couple years compared to what the market will be for premium QBs (once the cap returns to normal).