WW84

NYEagle

Not even worth thinking about watching....save yourself the couple hours and slam your D in a door instead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NYEagle said:

Not even worth thinking about watching....save yourself the couple hours and slam your D in a door instead.

Are these the only two options? 

I thought the remake of Point Break was painful to watch....this was worse.

• Like 1

What a shame.  Give the first movie a decent ending (vs whatever the hell that was) and you could argue it’s one of the best comic book movies. Which is why this was such a disappointment. I heard almost universally that it is terrible.  The one hold out is someone I saw on Facebook who is obsessed with WW. :rolleyes:

The studio saw the $$$ it made opening weekend and is fast tracking the third WW movie, which should result in a masterpiece. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NYEagle said:

I'm confused.  Are you saying that this is something that people do NOT do for enjoyment?  Shame on me!  

I didn’t hate this as much as the rest of you apparently did. It wasn’t nearly as good as the first one, but it was better than a lot of other DC movies, and the actors at least seemed to want to be in it, which helped make it marginally enjoyable.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

I didn’t hate this as much as the rest of you apparently did. It wasn’t nearly as good as the first one, but it was better than a lot of other DC movies, and the actors at least seemed to want to be in it, which helped make it marginally enjoyable.

I think hating on it is trendy

It wasn't as good as the first but it wasn't terrible lol

This was a one and done for me.  I wouldn't watch it again.  Not a good movie unless you enjoy a story that seems like it was written by soap opera writers.  The only 2 good things I got from this movie were enjoying Gal Gadot's beauty and the post credit twist scene. 

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I think hating on it is trendy

It wasn't as good as the first but it wasn't terrible lol

What part of it wasn’t terrible?

The opening scene was okay, I suppose. Everything else was the reason the Razzies were invented.

This might be the worst screenplay since "Jaws: The Revenge.”

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

The opening scene was okay, I suppose. Everything else was the reason the Razzies were invented.

Seriously? With a comment like that there's no reason to list any since you'll likely just disagree

Just to name a few: mall scene, the golden armor, WW losing her abilities because she didn't want to give up her wish, lightening scene

I would have liked more Cheetah vs WW

32 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

There's only so much darkness to hide really **** Matrix 2 level CGI. I kept waiting for the scorpion king to show up, they were so bad.

32 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

There's only so much darkness to hide really **** Matrix 2 level CGI. I kept waiting for the scorpion king to show up, they were so bad.

In the Mummy Returns the CGI for the Scorpion King was total shite.  Whoever was responsible for that should never be allowed to do CGI again.  That thing didn't look like The Rock and was one of the worst FXs in a major motion picture.  It pretty much ruined the scene it was that bad.

On 1/2/2021 at 10:00 PM, SBorBust said:

Absolutely.  There is a lot to hate about this movie.  Actually, there is everything to hate.  But the worst of it has to be the script.

I honestly liked the first one........I really must know who the f thinks some of these movies are good ideas to make??  Independence Day 2, Point Break (remake) and this POS rank as my top 3 worst of all time.

• Like 1

HR just overheard me walking down the hall talking to a coworker about this POS and i just blurt out  SHE RAPES A GUY when explaining why he needs to avoid said POS.

HR: do you understand why we are having this meeting today?
because i mentioned a fictional character raped another character in an office with three people in it, one of them being HR.
HR: that would be the minor point. it is a moral imperative that we all agree WW84 was awesome. 

ma'am ?

HR: oh that....that's a paddling. 

On 1/2/2021 at 6:27 PM, Mike030270 said:

Seriously? With a comment like that there's no reason to list any since you'll likely just disagree

Just to name a few: mall scene, the golden armor, WW losing her abilities because she didn't want to give up her wish, lightening scene

Let's break these down:

Mall Scene -- it was entertaining enough. Of course, it completely contradicts the story from Justice League that she basically went into hiding after WW1, which is why no one knew about her. But, she broke the cameras...that would definitely invalidate hundreds of eye witnesses. OK then.

The Golden Armor -- so let me get this straight, the warrior in the armor died so the rest could survive. But the armor is in perfect shape. Makes sense...

WW Losing her abilities -- Superman II did it muuuuuuuuuuuuch better

Lightening Scene -- seriously? i mean, seriously?  

2 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Let's break these down:

Mall Scene -- it was entertaining enough. Of course, it completely contradicts the story from Justice League that she basically went into hiding after WW1, which is why no one knew about her. But, she broke the cameras...that would definitely invalidate hundreds of eye witnesses. OK then.

The Golden Armor -- so let me get this straight, the warrior in the armor died so the rest could survive. But the armor is in perfect shape. Makes sense...

Agree to disagree 🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, vikas83 said:

Let's break these down:

Honestly the best part of the movie was Linda Carter. 

Other than that a basic popcorn flick. 

I mean...let's not forget, that Steve somehow comes back to life and is able to start and fly a modern jet.

• Like 1

This movie blowwwwwwwwwwwws.

The opening mall scene was good, and so was the brief post-credits scene. Everything else was schlocky garbage, even by 80's standards.

i do not get the love for the post credits scene. is it the character that fans can't wait to see or is it the fact it was linda carter making a cameo ?
if former, i didn't realize there were so many fanboys for WW?

if later, where was the love for lou ferrigno in lego marvel adventures as the hulk?

or have we been conditioned to freak out for post credit scenes regardless ? 

40 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

i do not get the love for the post credits scene. is it the character that fans can't wait to see or is it the fact it was linda carter making a cameo ?
if former, i didn't realize there were so many fanboys for WW?

if later, where was the love for lou ferrigno in lego marvel adventures as the hulk?

or have we been conditioned to freak out for post credit scenes regardless ? 

This. I've never watched WW before these remakes, and I barely know who linda carter is (beyond her being the OG WW), I just thought it was a cool way to work her in after making reference to her character earlier in the movie.