Ja'Marr Chase is officially an Eagle! Eagles will pick 6th in the 2021

Sack that QB

8 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Everyone celebrate!

Why? Can he cover? I'm not the least bit worried about our WRs right now. 

Not a guarantee. Dolphins and Bengals could realistically go WR in Round 1. Bengals can opt for Chase even if Penei Sewell is on the board and their OL needs help.

Also, there's that remote possibility the Eagles find a way to win this game tonight and drop their draft position to 9. 

On the flip side, we have so many needs we may not need to trade down after all. CB is right up there and we could have our pick of Surtain/Farley unless the Falcons surprise us and go CB. LB can be upgraded and Micah Parsons could be available, although this team doesn't value LB that much.

On 1/3/2021 at 7:38 PM, Sack that QB said:

Ja'Marr Chase is ours! I guarantee you he will not be gone by pick #6. Everyone celebrate!

giphy.gif

Can you guarantee Howie doesn't totally blow this pick? Nope.

15 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

I can by just making this topic, I altered the course of history. My word is gospel.

6 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

I can by just making this topic, I altered the course of history. My word is gospel.

Fight me

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2021 at 7:38 PM, Sack that QB said:

Ja'Marr Chase is ours! I guarantee you he will not be gone by pick #6. Everyone celebrate!

giphy.gif

If we select Chase we'll hear what we've been hearing for years, "no one is getting separation".....DO NOT WANT!!

Just because Chase could be available at 6 doesn't mean Howie will draft him 😬

But I do like the optimism!

7 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Just because Chase could be available at 6 doesn't mean Howie will draft him 😬

But I do like the optimism!

He's the favourite choice for most fans. He's one of the top players on most analysts draft boards. He's very likely the best WR in this draft and there's a good chance he's there at #6. So yeah I agree there's also a good chance Howie will pass on him. Or try to be clever by going a different route. 

• Like 1

Not that this is the end all be all, but I haven't done 1 mock where he has lasted until #6.  I just don't see him lasting until our pick.  

Miami is a real possibility at #3 overall, and Cincy might want to reunite him with Joe Burrow at #5 overall. I want him, but I don't think he makes it to #6. This is what happens when you get a tie. It messes up draft position. If it were a loss, the Eagles would be picking #3 overall and it wouldn't be an issue. As it is, they'll need some luck to get Chase IMO.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Miami is a real possibility at #3 overall, and Cincy might want to reunite him with Joe Burrow at #5 overall. I want him, but I don't think he makes it to #6. This is what happens when you get a tie. It messes up draft position. If it were a loss, the Eagles would be picking #3 overall and it wouldn't be an issue. As it is, they'll need some luck to get Chase IMO.

Unless Miami unloads Tua, it seems like a foregone conclusion they draft Sewell or Chase at 3.  If they draft Sewell, then Cincy probably drafts Chase because it makes too much sense.  

I'm Losing My Mind GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hputenis said:

Unless Miami unloads Tua, it seems like a foregone conclusion they draft Sewell or Chase at 3.  If they draft Sewell, then Cincy probably drafts Chase because it makes too much sense.  

I'm Losing My Mind GIFs | Tenor

Or they could be prime candidates to trade back? Load up on picks and add more talent to an already talented roster. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2021 at 1:19 PM, Talonblood said:

If he selects Chase consider it a blown pick, dude doesn't get separation worth a damn.

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

If he selects Chase consider it a blown pick, dude doesn't get separation worth a damn.

You liking the TE?

13 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

You liking the TE?

Not at #6.

I'm thinking we give Reagor a chance to see what he can to but pair him with a bona-fide field stretcher as I'm not sure that's Reagor but Scary Terry is, Terry can probably be had in the 3rd. 

Use #1 and #2 on a corner and LB.

The hard thing about this is two-fold:

a). We are not sure what this offense is.

b). a pure X at 6 is too rich for their blood.

The feeling I'm getting is that the new passing game will be modeled on the Colts/Chargers.  ie: get playmakers in space, 2 quality RB's in rotation as opposed to RBBC and a reliance on 11 personnel as a base.  Jet sweeps and pre-snap motion will be more of a thing now.

That being the "possible" case..........

If they go playmaker early ( I favor a bit of a trade back to rebuild the dumpster fire of a secondary) there are really only 2 pure matchup options to consider:  Pitts & Waddle.

Both help Hurts in different ways-but my preference would be the one that helps out the coaching staff the most:  #17 Crimson.

He would be their new TY Hilton.  His play speed has to be seen to be believed. He's quicker & faster sideways than a lot of guys going N/S!  A player who can dictate coverages on the move.  You must account for him-including in the return game.  Game-breaker.

They want to feature Goeddart.

I don't believe they're as thin at X as most do.  I'd rather have a Y/Z to fill out the depth chart.

1-6 Pitts   2-37- Greg Newsome -CB-Northwestern   3-70-Tylan Wallace-WR-OK st.  3-84-Jaylen Twyman- DL-Pitt    5-150-Jaret Patterson-RB-Buffalo    5-156- Derrick Barnes-LB-Purdue   6-188-Davis Mills-QB-Stanford   6-223-Brendan Jaimes-OT-Nebraska   6-224- Darrick Forrest-S- Cincy    7-233- Kendrick Green-IOL-Illinois   7-238 Tuf Borland-LB-OSU   I would also like to get the C from Stanford as a UDFA to compete for the job replacing Kelce. Send this to Howie 🤣

5 hours ago, Greenakers2 said:

The hard thing about this is two-fold:

a). We are not sure what this offense is.

b). a pure X at 6 is too rich for their blood.

The feeling I'm getting is that the new passing game will be modeled on the Colts/Chargers.  ie: get playmakers in space, 2 quality RB's in rotation as opposed to RBBC and a reliance on 11 personnel as a base.  Jet sweeps and pre-snap motion will be more of a thing now.

That being the "possible" case..........

If they go playmaker early ( I favor a bit of a trade back to rebuild the dumpster fire of a secondary) there are really only 2 pure matchup options to consider:  Pitts & Waddle.

Both help Hurts in different ways-but my preference would be the one that helps out the coaching staff the most:  #17 Crimson.

He would be their new TY Hilton.  His play speed has to be seen to be believed. He's quicker & faster sideways than a lot of guys going N/S!  A player who can dictate coverages on the move.  You must account for him-including in the return game.  Game-breaker.

They want to feature Goeddart.

I don't believe they're as thin at X as most do.  I'd rather have a Y/Z to fill out the depth chart.

I like Waddle as well, but if Devonta Smith is on the board, I would take him even with the size concerns. His route running is so smooth and savvy, it's not a surprise he's getting player comps to Marvin Harrison. Kyle Pitts is also very intriguing.

As much as I like Waddle, I can't help but think if we would be too thin on red-zone weapons with Waddle and Reagor on the outside. I presume we would have Waddle at X and Reagor at Z in that case? Dallas Goedert is certainly a red-zone target. Alshon Jeffrey used to be that guy and Zach Ertz is also likely on his way out, so I would love to have another red-zone target to keep defenses honest. You could certainly argue having two speed guys is a strength of its own, but I can't help but think having a traditional XWR (or Pitts at XWR) would take this offense further?

4 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

I like Waddle as well, but if Devonta Smith is on the board, I would take him even with the size concerns. His route running is so smooth and savvy, it's not a surprise he's getting player comps to Marvin Harrison. Kyle Pitts is also very intriguing.

As much as I like Waddle, I can't help but think if we would be too thin on red-zone weapons with Waddle and Reagor on the outside. I presume we would have Waddle at X and Reagor at Z in that case? Dallas Goedert is certainly a red-zone target. Alshon Jeffrey used to be that guy and Zach Ertz is also likely on his way out, so I would love to have another red-zone target to keep defenses honest. You could certainly argue having two speed guys is a strength of its own, but I can't help but think having a traditional XWR (or Pitts at XWR) would take this offense further?

I think Fulgham getting steady reps can do that. If Arceaga stay he could too.  My projection is based on a presumed return to an attack the sticks, lateral offense.  Siri wants playmakers in space.  There are so many different ways to isolate Waddle anywhere, so I wouldn't worry about that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greenakers2 said:

I think Fulgham getting steady reps can do that. If Arceaga stay he could too.  My projection is based on a presumed return to an attack the sticks, lateral offense.  Siri wants playmakers in space.  There are so many different ways to isolate Waddle anywhere, so I wouldn't worry about that.

I like Fulgham, but not enough to have him influence my draft strategy to pass on Smith/Pitts in favor of Waddle just because Fulgham played XWR before Alshon took his place. JJ Arcega-Whiteside, barring a 3rd year developmental miracle, is a bust, so I wouldn't really expect much from him.

Pitts has positional versatility at TE and XWR, he could probably even be played full time at XWR with his speed for his size. Smith is an interesting case being a scrawny 175 lbs on that 6'1 frame, so he's not the traditional XWR in terms of build. However, the route running and ability to get separation is what will set him apart in the league. I'd personally go Waddle if the other two are off the board.