Say Hello to Our New Trey Burton

time2rock

10 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

Doug will find a way to misuse him.

or to not use him at all

11 hours ago, NOTW said:

Wentz, Hurts, Ward, Tyree Jackson all on the field at once. 

The defense won't know WHAT to do. 

:lol:

Neither will we :facepalm:

• Haha 3

You lost me at 'converting'. 

Anytime this team tries to convert someone to something else, it generally becomes the square peg round hole syndrome.

16 hours ago, brkmsn said:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/tyree-jackson/32194a41-4361-1082-9c52-07385a4368c9

Combine Results
u-unofficial

40 Yard Dash
SECONDS
Bench Press
--
REPS
Vertical Jump
INCHES
Broad Jump
INCHES

Yeah but can he leap over a 6'2" defensive back like Najee Harris?

15 hours ago, brkmsn said:

But you forgot LJ Smith. 

Really dropped the ball on that one.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, rambo said:

Don't forget Hightower was once a QB, too.

Ex QBs make good receivers, they know what QBs are expecting form WRs. 

Lurie, Howie and Doug mind synthesis in a meeting:

"Hey, guys! Let's acquire a bunch of players at certain positions.... and change all the positions to other positions for them to play!! Hey guys!!!" 

On 1/7/2021 at 11:50 PM, JohnB said:

true. He wasn't bad IMO. At least at first

Um?  Yes, he was bad.  Took him over Jason Witten, and it likely cost the Eagles a Super Bowl victory in the '04 season.  Dropped a TD pass and fumbled in the red zone.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Um?  Yes, he was bad.  Took him over Jason Witten, and it likely cost the Eagles a Super Bowl victory in the '04 season.  Dropped a TD pass and fumbled in the red zone.

ok, so you're going to base a whole guy's career on one game? 

He was a pretty good receiving TE. 2005/6 were especially good years for him. 

On 1/7/2021 at 11:53 PM, brkmsn said:

He was serviceable, but I preferred Lewis over him. There was something weird about Smith that just didn't seem right. 

He carried the ball like a loaf of bread. I’ll always remember that about him. 

All in all, he wasn’t necessarily terrible, but he’s also never going to let this fan base forget that we could have and should have had Witten over him. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

All in all, he wasn’t necessarily terrible, but he’s also never going to let this fan base forget that we could have and should have had Witten over him. 

We've been doing this whole Reagor over Jefferson thing for some time now!  :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, time2rock said:

We've been doing this whole Reagor over Jefferson thing for some time now!  :lol:

We’ve got to be good at something. 😂

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, JohnB said:

ok, so you're going to base a whole guy's career on one game? 

He was a pretty good receiving TE. 2005/6 were especially good years for him. 

Ok.  You base your opinion of him on 2 "good years", when they pass on a Hall of Fame TE instead.  LJ Smith couldnt block, and was a ball security issue when he caught it.  He wasn't good.  2 decent years for a 2nd round pick isn't good return on investment.

This fan base has gotten soft.  At his best, LJ Smith was an average receiving TE that couldnt block at all.  At his worst he was a bad 2nd round draft choice where the Eagles tried to outsmart everyone by taking a TE first and not taking the consensus top rated TE.

Eagles take Witten over Smith and you can pretty much guarantee a Lombardi for the 2004 year... but hey, its not all about winning  championships... its about being achieving average stats 2 years.  You can settle for mediocrity if you want.  I'll continue to strive for championships.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2021 at 7:43 PM, EagleVA said:

Ex QBs make good receivers, they know what QBs are expecting form WRs. 

Just like wide receiver to corner 

On 1/9/2021 at 1:44 AM, Talonblood said:

Lurie, Howie and Doug mind synthesis in a meeting:

"Hey, guys! Let's acquire a bunch of players at certain positions.... and change all the positions to other positions for them to play!! Hey guys!!!" 

With all the success they had with the great Leroy Keyes, the Eagles elevated the process to high art.  

On 1/7/2021 at 10:57 PM, NOTW said:

Wentz, Hurts, Ward, Tyree Jackson all on the field at once. 

The defense won't know WHAT to do. 

:lol:

Walk off the field and call for the punt return team is a pretty safe move.

6 hours ago, time2rock said:

Pinkston/ darell jackson 

13 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Ok.  You base your opinion of him on 2 "good years", when they pass on a Hall of Fame TE instead.  LJ Smith couldnt block, and was a ball security issue when he caught it.  He wasn't good.  2 decent years for a 2nd round pick isn't good return on investment.

This fan base has gotten soft.  At his best, LJ Smith was an average receiving TE that couldnt block at all.  At his worst he was a bad 2nd round draft choice where the Eagles tried to outsmart everyone by taking a TE first and not taking the consensus top rated TE.

Eagles take Witten over Smith and you can pretty much guarantee a Lombardi for the 2004 year... but hey, its not all about winning  championships... its about being achieving average stats 2 years.  You can settle for mediocrity if you want.  I'll continue to strive for championships.

Exactly!! I remember quite a few things about LJ Smith and none were good. I remember not being able to wait for him to leave the team. Everytime we played dallas I especially remember how Witten looked and how he looked and wondering how the FO had gotten that one mixed up. I remember him running like his shoes were made of cement. I remember him not being able to catch at all and how horrible he was at blocking. I am not sure how any fan could forget that unforgettable TE. 

On 1/7/2021 at 11:44 PM, JohnB said:

well, if there's one thing I'd say the Eagles get right, it's TE.

Chad Lewis, Brent Celek, Ertz, Burton, Goedart. They were all pretty damn good TE's

On 1/7/2021 at 11:47 PM, brkmsn said:

But you forgot LJ Smith. 

No Eagles Tight End talk is complete without Keith Jackson 😎

4 minutes ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

No Eagles Tight End talk is complete without Keith Jackson 😎

Woah nelly, let me tell you about Keith Jackson!  

Oh... you didn't mean that Keith Jackson.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

hold the phone, son. I'm not saying LJ Smith was a great TE. I am saying he was decent. No question, Witten was better.