If the EMB Drafted Players

SBorBust

16 hours ago, Portyansky said:

If you're gonna do this, do it right. Not just the misses.... Ricky Williams instead of McNabb.

That was a long time ago. There are plenty of guys EMB missed after that. 

This was my published mock the year we drafted Cox, so I can't say the Eagles did bad. 🤣

15. Fletcher Cox, DT Mississippi State

46. Bobby Wagner, LB Utah State

51. Brandon Boykin, NCB/RS Georgia

88. Vinny Curry, DE Marshall

114. Nick Foles, QB Arizona

153. Devon Wylie, WR Fresno State

172. Marvin Jones, WR Cal

194. Tom Compton, OT South Dakota

200. Jordan Bernstine, S Iowa

229. Daryl Richardson, RB Abilene Christian

• Like 3

I’m not going back to McNabb because the information available in 1999 was not even close to what it was just 10 years later.

Is that wrong? Should he be included?

Also, we obviously (unfortunately) remember the Dirty 30. However, WIP’s opinion wasn’t shared by everyone. There were plenty who wanted McNabb or Culpepper. If I remember correctly, Ricky Williams edged them out, though.

6 hours ago, SBorBust said:

I’m not going back to McNabb because the information available in 1999 was not even close to what it was just 10 years later.

Is that wrong? Should he be included?

Also, we obviously (unfortunately) remember the Dirty 30. However, WIP’s opinion wasn’t shared by everyone. There were plenty who wanted McNabb or Culpepper. If I remember correctly, Ricky Williams edged them out, though.

Hahahaha. I wanted Edgerrin James. I was on this very, very lonely island. "You don't even want the good running back!" 

20 minutes ago, stinkfist said:

Hahahaha. I wanted Edgerrin James. I was on this very, very lonely island. "You don't even want the good running back!" 

You and Bill Polian. That’s pretty much it.

• Haha 1

The EMB was all over Rickey Williams.  Conservatively id say 85% wanted him.  When McNabb was picked,  you may as well have called it the dirty 3000 because everyone on here was bishin.

I doubt I ever stated it on the EMB, can’t remember, but I definitely wanted Russell Wilson in 2012.  It pained me later to hear that the Eagles were allegedly planning to grab him in the third.  They ended up with Foles though, so...

I mean look... I think we as a collective would have hit on a lot of picks but missed on a fair few too. We very likely would have done a better job than the weasel but who knows. I mean we don't have the same insight as the scouts and coaches and GMs. We don't get to interview guys, we don't get to speak with their college teammates or coaches etc. We don't have insight in to medical concerns or issues. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, What The F said:

The EMB was all over Rickey Williams.  Conservatively id say 85% wanted him.  When McNabb was picked,  you may as well have called it the dirty 3000 because everyone on here was bishin.

I was too young to have an opinion back then.  What's interesting, however, is that 1999 was an inflection point in the NFL.

People would laugh at the concept of drafting the most dominant rusher in the NCAA over one of the top 3 QB's in the draft now.  

In 1999, people still thought that Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Terrell Davis were the key to dominating on offense...because they were.

The Rams changed all of that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/10/2021 at 9:12 PM, SBorBust said:

I’m not sayin’. I’m just sayin’.

- Bobby Wagner would  be an Eagle.

- DK Metcalf would be an Eagle.

- Kareem Hunt would be an Eagle.

- Marcus Peters would be an Eagle.

- Jeremy Chinn would be an Eagle.

- Levonta David would probably be an Eagle.

- Fletcher Cox would still be an Eagle. That was a no-brainer.

- Earl Thomas instead of Brandon Graham.

- Reuben Foster instead of Derek Barnett

- I’m actually not sure about Lane Johnson. I think everyone was assuming Eric Fisher, then he shot up the board.

Do you disagree with any of these assessments? Who am I missing?

LMAO.......sure, and everybody would have drafted Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Russell Wilson.....And let's not forget Ricky Williams.

Hindsight is always 20/20.......

• Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 12:09 PM, What The F said:

I can think of about 7 players we wanted in 2007 before trading pick 26 to Dallas then taking Kevin Fing Kolb in the 2nd. 

Wanted to kill my tv.

Eric Weddle, David Harris, and Chris Houston were my 3 guys. 2 of those 3 went on to have Pro Bowl careers and the other was at least serviceable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, birdman#12 said:

LMAO.......sure, and everybody would have drafted Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Russell Wilson.....And let's not forget Ricky Williams.

Hindsight is always 20/20.......

Wait... what?

20 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean look... I think we as a collective would have hit on a lot of picks but missed on a fair few too. We very likely would have done a better job than the weasel but who knows. I mean we don't have the same insight as the scouts and coaches and GMs. We don't get to interview guys, we don't get to speak with their college teammates or coaches etc. We don't have insight in to medical concerns or issues. 

And yet we'd have done better than the people that do have that access because Howie ignores all that evidence and logic and gets cute.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vileborg said:

And yet we'd have done better than the people that do have that access because Howie ignores all that evidence and logic and gets cute.

I mean look I don't like Howie, I think he's a bad GM but let's not go that far. Howie has all the information and access and I don't think he ignores it. He either listens to the wrong people or he takes that information and uses it incorrectly to make the wrong decision.

On 1/11/2021 at 3:35 AM, CalgarEAGLES said:

Davante Adams instead of him. If the stars aligned perfectly,  our wrs: Tyreek Hill, Stefon Diggs & Davante Adams... and we would be signing Nelson Agholor from the Sacramento Raiders as free-agent to be our slot receiver! 

Pretty sure Adams was '14 where we took Jordan Matthews w both available in the 2nd. Yea let's do that one over

On 1/11/2021 at 4:25 PM, stinkfist said:

This was my published mock the year we drafted Cox, so I can't say the Eagles did bad. 🤣

Boykin(s)...good times

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Pretty sure Adams was '14 where we took Jordan Matthews w both available in the 2nd. Yea let's do that one over

Adams was indeed '14. Who was his quarterback again? But no I don't think Jordan Matthews on the Packers would have had Adams' career.

4 hours ago, eglz1 said:

Adams was indeed '14. Who was his quarterback again? But no I don't think Jordan Matthews on the Packers would have had Adams' career.

Oh no def not but to your first point hindsight is purely speculation so you can't conclude anything one way or the other. Too many variables.

Variables Howie needs to better understand and utilize or the likelihood of more of the same will be depressingly high

On 1/12/2021 at 1:58 PM, stinkfist said:

Obviously, the Colts agreed with you lol. 

On 1/12/2021 at 11:38 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Then you aren't doing your homework....:whistle:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NVeagle said:

Then you aren't doing your homework....:whistle:

You're probably right. I wouldn't do a much better job than Howie in all fairness. But I'd be there for moral support for those of you who could do a better job.