Eric Bieniemy (Chiefs OC) -- STAYING IN KANSAS CITY

philafan4o8

I am shocked this was not posted already. But let me do it. This makes a ton of sense for many reasons:

- Top HC Candidate

- Offensive Minded Coach

- Andy Reid Tree of Coaching (best coaching tree in football)

- Former NFL Player - Good connection with players

- Not a push over and will push players like Wentz

- Likely would be ok with not calling plays. Can hire a QB guru for OC to work with Wentz. 

- Likely to see "more" runs on offense to protect Wentz (doubt they will be run based team but it will be close)

- Smooth Transition

- Likely to keep Duce Staley (I like this haha)

Brian Daboll would be more of a top choice since he actually ran the offense 100% in Buffalo. I like Eric but how much did he do in KC? How much of his mind was in that offense? Thats a BIG question mark for me. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Brian Daboll would be more of a top choice since he actually ran the offense 100% in Buffalo. I like Eric but how much did he do in KC? How much of his mind was in that offense? Thats a BIG question mark for me. 

How much did Frank Reich do under Pederson?

Look how he is doing in Indy

27 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

How much did Frank Reich do under Pederson?

Look how he is doing in Indy

Big difference is we knew exactly what Frank did, it was well documented that he was in charge of game planning and scripting which is a major part of the offense each game in 2017. We are unsure what Eric does in KC, just like Doug when he was in KC. That is the exact reason Id go in the direction of Daboll as my top choice. We know what he did in Buffalo since he was fully in charge of that offense and development of Allen. 

11 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Big difference is we knew exactly what Frank did, it was well documented that he was in charge of game planning and scripting which is a major part of the offense each game in 2017. We are unsure what Eric does in KC, just like Doug when he was in KC. That is the exact reason Id go in the direction of Daboll as my top choice. We know what he did in Buffalo since he was fully in charge of that offense and development of Allen. 

There has been several reports on how Bieniemy has impacted the Chiefs offense. I respect your opinion on who you like but to say we don't know how much of an impact Bieniemy is to the offense is unfair.

Just one example is Pat Mahommes:

"If you see how our offense has produced over these last few years he’s been one the most vital pieces of that,” Mahomes said. "Obviously I want him to be here, but I understand that he deserves a chance to go out there and coach his own team and run his own organization. I mean he’s a guy that will hold everybody in that organization accountable, he’s going to build the culture the right way. And obviously he knows how to call the plays and do that stuff and produce on the field, and so there’s no real negative about it, so I don’t understand why he wouldn’t get one (head coaching job) in this kind of cycle.”

I think it was on the old board when they thought Doug would get fired in 2019

I'd take him

Don't want Duce as OC or RB coach. So tired of his bad rotation

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

I'd take him

Looking back on it his rotation is probably fine given how our backs were not bell cows by any measure. RBC with a pitch count on certain guys preserved them... especially the super bowl year. Just look at what happened with Blount. Dropped off the face of the earth after leaving here. That can be said for a number of guys. I was frustrated with Sanders' touches but it should be clear to everyone that hes not an every down back at this point. I think Duce knows more than us about how much each back can handle.

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

I'd take him

People literally dont understand. Duce did not control the RB rotation.

Yes, Doug tried to pin the RB rotation on Duce but it didnt make sense from a football perspective.

Doug Pederson literally said that he controlled the play calling and personal packages on the field. Why would another coach control personal when he is not calling plays or has no idea what the next few plays that were going to be called? Literally makes no sense. The WRs rotated frequently as well. This was all Doug Pederson.

29 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Yes, Doug tried to pin the RB rotation on Duce but it didnt make sense from a football perspective.

Doug Pederson literally said that he controlled the play calling and personal packages on the field. Why would another coach control personal when he is not calling plays or has no idea what the next few plays that were going to be called? Literally makes no sense. The WRs rotated frequently as well. This was all Doug Pederson.

Doug has literally said in a PC that Duce controls the rotation

EDIT

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Doug has literally said in a PC that Doug controls the rotation

So you agree with me?

yes Doug controls rotation. he literally said it in PC that he controls all personal packages...

1 minute ago, philafan4o8 said:

So you agree with me?

yes Doug controls rotation. he literally said it in PC that he controls all personal packages...

No. Alcohol was involved in that post lol

Doug has said in PCs that Duce is in control of the rotation because he's been asked it

37 minutes ago, NVeagle said:

Read somewhere that Eric blew his interview.

He's reportedly blew multiple interviews if you include last year's hiring cycle.

One reason why he might be struggling could be his past record of transgressions during his time in Colorado (altercation at bar in college, previous DUI, harassing and assaulting a parking attendant, etc...) causing teams to question his decision making, even if he's had a clean record since coaching in the NFL.

Would much rather have Brian Daboll, Arthur Smith, Greg Roman, etc... or even roll the dice on one of these college HC candidates like Lincoln Riley or Pat Fitzgerald before I go to Bieniemy.

10 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

He's reportedly blew multiple interviews if you include last year's hiring cycle.

One reason why he might be struggling could be his past record of transgressions during his time in Colorado (altercation at bar in college, previous DUI, harassing and assaulting a parking attendant, etc...) causing teams to question his decision making, even if he's had a clean record since coaching in the NFL.

Would much rather have Brian Daboll, Arthur Smith, Greg Roman, etc... or even roll the dice on one of these college HC candidates like Lincoln Riley or Pat Fitzgerald before I go to Bieniemy.

I want NOTHING to do with Greg Roman. I really dont get the love. Had one decent year with Kap, One good year with Lamar, both mainly because they were run first QBs and teams needed time to figure them out. No thank you

On 1/11/2021 at 6:21 PM, Mike030270 said:

I'd take him

I'd take him as RB coach but without the power to sub players. 

22 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

Alright how is he still available rn

Because he is still coaching in the playoffs

9 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Because he is still coaching in the playoffs

I’m surprised teams are making hires instead of waiting for arguably the top prospect or one of the top guys.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

I’m surprised teams are making hires instead of waiting for arguably the top prospect or one of the top guys.

I guess they want to get a head start on things? Some of those teams needed a HC and GM and needed to start planning for the combine and draft?

On 1/11/2021 at 4:37 PM, philafan4o8 said:

You’re over thinking it man. That’s what position coaches do, not just Duce. Duce just stinks at it. 

remember seeing clement in the game and sanders in the bench and everyone’s like, wtf? Yeah, Duce.

I would be good with this hire. Especially if he has mahomes directly contributing success to him.

good coaching tree and perspective as a former player. 

My biggest concern with Eric is that in the 2020 off season many were shocked and thought it was crazy that he was passed up for a HC position. But all experts said he would be the top choice going into the 2021 season. 

So we are now in 2021 and he has only had 1 interview request, which is by us. The last team that has not identified their top coach. 

Why the reluctance from all the other teams about Eric? Not even an interview. Why? 

33 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

My biggest concern with Eric is that in the 2020 off season many were shocked and thought it was crazy that he was passed up for a HC position. But all experts said he would be the top choice going into the 2021 season. 

So we are now in 2021 and he has only had 1 interview request, which is by us. The last team that has not identified their top coach. 

Why the reluctance from all the other teams about Eric? Not even an interview. Why? 

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-coaching-gm-tracker-latest-news-interviews-developments-in-2021-hiring-cycle

If you look at the list, almost every team there has either requested or already interviewed Bieniemy, so I don't think that's the case.

Teams may be concerned with his off the field past and maybe concerned about him being a Doug Pederson 2.0 who didn't really call plays on his own.