Trade Hurts to Panthers for #8

2Coastal

Let’s let the QB factory work it’s magic!

Smith or Chase with #6

Parson with #8 from Carolina. 

Give him one more year to right the ship with new coach,  a legit WR weapon and your foundational LB to rebuild the D. Clean out all the old bodies, rebuild the O-line and get a stud CB in the 2nd in this deep CB class. 

• Haha 1

If you are trying to say Panthers won’t take Hurts for #8, I’d say that they will be picking the #3 or 4 QB after Lawrence, Fields and Wilson  are off the board so yes I do think they would consider taking Hurts with that spot. 

7 minutes ago, 2Coastal said:

If you are trying to say Panthers won’t take Hurts for #8, I’d say that they will be picking the #3 or 4 QB after Lawrence, Fields and Wilson  are off the board so yes I do think they would consider taking Hurts with that spot. 

1E78079A-E708-44A7-8447-7041D8A4FC28.gif

• Haha 2

Thanks for that - just ‘woke up’ and you’re all so right!!

Panthers wouldn’t want a QB that pretty much single handedly dismantled their division rival that was one of the best teams in the league. 

phew thanks for that!  What was I thinking?!

1 hour ago, 2Coastal said:

Adams or Chase with #6

Parson with #8 from Carolina. 

I think this is an awesome idea, especially where the Eagles select this mystery prospect "Adams". 

Tell us more about him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, 2Coastal said:

Panthers wouldn’t want a QB that pretty much single handedly dismantled their division rival that was one of the best teams in the league. 

I mean firstly it was one game. Secondly Hurts was impressive on his first start in the NFL but let's not get carried away. Single handedly dismantled?

• Like 1

Think what people are considering is that the panthers don’t have to reach for the next qb just because they need one. 

they have a shot at jameis Winston if they feel so inclined. Mac Jones is also a mid first to early second round pick atm. 

I would love it if this happened but I don’t think hurts showed enough for the panthers or anyone else to be this high on him. 

OK, to play along, IF Carolina had interest in dealing for Hurts, it would likely be a deal more like Hurts plus our 2nd for pick 8.  That would yield draft value of approximately pick 20 for him.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stinkfist said:

I think this is an awesome idea, especially where the Eagles select this mystery prospect "Adams". 

Tell us more about him.  You’re probably right. Adams was a bit of a reach so I switched it to Smith. 

So where are we getting the cap room for (2) top 10 draft picks? Significantly higher cost there. 

Hurts for a top 10 pick would make the Panthers the laughing stock of the NFL.

Just completely unrealistic

Great 1st post. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

So where are we getting the cap room for (2) top 10 draft picks? Significantly higher cost there. 

Hurts for a top 10 pick would make the Panthers the laughing stock of the NFL.

Just completely unrealistic

Great 1st post. 

Look - you bring up a great point and that is above my pay grade but other teams have picked 2 players in the top 10.  I didn't say things would be the same and add 2 top 10's.  Half the roster needs to be gone but now that we will have a new HC, OC and DC, I'm sure the coaching staff would want to put their own stamp on things..  If Mr Lurie and Howie are all in on Wentz, then you have to move Hurts because (IMO) the beginning of the Wentz downfall happened on April 24th when Howie was the smartest in the room and opened the factory with the 53rd pick.  How could that not mess with #11's head?!

I don't know why you gotta go with "Great 1st post" - I though this was a 'discussion board' not a DeathByEagle's opinion board.

2 hours ago, 2Coastal said:

Look - you bring up a great point and that is above my pay grade but other teams have picked 2 players in the top 10.  I didn't say things would be the same and add 2 top 10's.  Half the roster needs to be gone but now that we will have a new HC, OC and DC, I'm sure the coaching staff would want to put their own stamp on things..  If Mr Lurie and Howie are all in on Wentz, then you have to move Hurts because (IMO) the beginning of the Wentz downfall happened on April 24th when Howie was the smartest in the room and opened the factory with the 53rd pick.  How could that not mess with #11's head?!

I don't know why you gotta go with "Great 1st post" - I though this was a 'discussion board' not a DeathByEagle's opinion board.

Your new, I'll let it slide. 

• Haha 1

I kind of figure that Hurts gets traded for a 2022 2nd that can escalate if the team makes the playoffs, good production , etc. He still has a bit to prove, and FO is in bind in that either Hurts or Wentz has to go.

4 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Suds for pick 15!!!!

I heard from the owner that Nate was unstoppable in a game we lost 6-nothing.

Wow.

On Fantasy Island, all of your dreams can come true.

On 1/17/2021 at 2:30 AM, time2rock said:

OK, to play along, IF Carolina had interest in dealing for Hurts, it would likely be a deal more like Hurts plus our 2nd for pick 8.  That would yield draft value of approximately pick 20 for him.  

I can’t even see that...best case I think we’d likely get their 2nd plus another mid round pick. Just can’t see them giving up a top 10 pick even if they get a 2nd back

17 minutes ago, kiwieagle said:

I can’t even see that...best case I think we’d likely get their 2nd plus another mid round pick. Just can’t see them giving up a top 10 pick even if they get a 2nd back

That does seem more realistic.  

Maybe that would work in

What should we make of the Madden 2021 ratings? – The SIS Blog

but Hurts was over drafted in the 2nd to begin with, so him plus something else might get their 2nd rounder. Maybe. If I'm Carolina, I'm betting I can get a comparable QB in the 2nd-3rd rounds somewhere so the trade is a non-starter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Maybe that would work in

What should we make of the Madden 2021 ratings? – The SIS Blog

but Hurts was over drafted in the 2nd to begin with, so him plus something else might get their 2nd rounder. Maybe. If I'm Carolina, I'm betting I can get a comparable QB in the 2nd-3rd rounds somewhere so the trade is a non-starter.

Agreed and that's why the argument that Hurts was drafted to later be traded for a greater value was nonsense from the start.