NFC Championship: #5 Buccaneers @ #1 Packers

AlpineEagle

Just now, Fresh_Prince said:

Didn't the 79 Rams have a home super bowl

Basically. They played in the Rose Bowl.

1 minute ago, Fresh_Prince said:

No. No team has hosted a Super Bowl til now. 

3 minutes ago, Fresh_Prince said:

No. Played in LA Coliseum- XIV in Rose Bowl.  Niners played XIX at Stanford.  First time team has hosted the Bowl in it's own Stadium.  History.

* A-Rod a bit ingratious at the end there.  Should have taken notes from Case Keenum.

Just now, pisceschica said:

1-4 in NFC title games 😪

He should've run for the td

he's now matched McNabb's record

1 minute ago, Fresh_Prince said:

Totally random, but I was in the Boy Scouts at that time and was on a camping trip that weekend. The Assistant Scoutmaster was a Steelers fan, and was going to leave the camp site early so as to see all of the Super Bowl, so I and a few others, left with him. I got home right around kickoff time. 

2 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Wonder what Belichik and Craft are thinking. :lol:

"But, but... Cam pretends to open his shirt like Superman... shouldn't that automatically get us into the playoffs?!"

I get it I’m disappointed that we have to sit through another Brady Super Bowl but I can only imagine what Boston fans are going through

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Will Rodgers be able to get back into the playoffs?

Yeah they will. And they'll lose in the play offs again. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah they will. And they'll lose in the play offs again. 

its crazy he has a losing record in NFCCGs..If the Jay Cutler and bears didn't f up in 2010 playoffs he would be 0-5

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Totally random, but I was in the Boy Scouts at that time and was on a camping trip that weekend. The Assistant Scoutmaster was a Steelers fan, and was going to leave the camp site early so as to see all of the Super Bowl, so I and a few others, left with him. I got home right around kickoff time. 

"But, but... Cam pretends to open his shirt like Superman... shouldn't that automatically get us into the playoffs?!"

I did miss one Super Bowl.  Was living in LA and it was the 07 season Super Bowl (Giants vs Patriots).  We went to Disney Land that day and recorded the game.  I figured that I could forgo the radio on the drive back and watch when we got back.  It was before smart phones, so finding out the score wasn’t as easy.

We managed to go the entire day without updates.  As we were leaving and in the elevator in the parking garage, one of the employees was talking to his coworker and goes "I can’t believe the Giants won”.  I was so close to being able to watch it without knowing.  I did watch it when we got back, but fast forwarded a lot more than we would’ve done without knowing.

3 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

its crazy he has a losing record in NFCCGs..If the Jay Cutler and bears didn't f up in 2010 playoffs he would be 0-5

His defense didn't show up for awhile but when they finally did it was the offense that couldn't do anything

Then his decision to not run for the TD

Also going for the FG

#1 seed did not play like a #1 seed

The defense did just enough especially..two of tampa's td's came off of turnovers including one inside 10 😪

Andy Reid is our only hope

2 minutes ago, RPeeteRules said:

I did miss one Super Bowl.  Was living in LA and it was the 07 season Super Bowl (Giants vs Patriots).  We went to Disney Land that day and recorded the game.  I figured that I could forgo the radio on the drive back and watch when we got back.  It was before smart phones, so finding out the score wasn’t as easy.

We managed to go the entire day without updates.  As we were leaving and in the elevator in the parking garage, one of the employees was talking to his coworker and goes "I can’t believe the Giants won”.  I was so close to being able to watch it without knowing.  I did watch it when we got back, but fast forwarded a lot more than we would’ve done without knowing.

I've only ever missed half of a Super Bowl (in terms of being old enough to want to watch a game... which goes back to probably Super Bowl VII or so).

The half that I missed was Super Bowl XXIII (49ers-Bengals in January '89). I was in the Army, at Fort Gordon, Ga. That Sunday, I was picked for what was called "Center Guard", which was a 24 hour duty (getting the next 24 hours off). We had to report at 8am, (so 8am to 8am). The 'guard shack', which was a barracks building. In it, there was a TV room in the back. So we were able to watch the game there. 

Guard duty was 4 hours on, 8 hours off then 4 hours on and so on. It worked out that I had the first half off but right in the middle of half time, my 4 hours on came up. So me and a buddy had to go out and guard a very sensitive installation... the horse stables. We did have a walkie-talkie though, so the Sergeant of the Guard was relaying the play by play for us. 

I kid you not though, just before Montana threw the game winning TD, one of the male horses got a little too frisky with one of the female horses and she kicked him which caused him to bolt right through the fence, along with all of the other horses (a mini-stampede), and they were headed right at me and my buddy. 

My buddy was on the walkie-talkie screaming "The horses are after us!! The horses are after us!!" Of course, we both ran toward the rental building (which wasn't open but provided a bit of safety from getting trampled).

The MPs were called and took over from there. When we got back to the guard shack (barracks), and walked in, everyone yelled "The horses are after us!! The horses are after us!!" lol

So, that's exactly what I was doing while everyone else was watching Joe Montana throw that game winning TD. 

6 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I've only ever missed half of a Super Bowl (in terms of being old enough to want to watch a game... which goes back to probably Super Bowl VII or so).

The half that I missed was Super Bowl XXIII (49ers-Bengals in January '89). I was in the Army, at Fort Gordon, Ga. That Sunday, I was picked for what was called "Center Guard", which was a 24 hour duty (getting the next 24 hours off). We had to report at 8am, (so 8am to 8am). The 'guard shack', which was a barracks building. In it, there was a TV room in the back. So we were able to watch the game there. 

Guard duty was 4 hours on, 8 hours off then 4 hours on and so on. It worked out that I had the first half off but right in the middle of half time, my 4 hours on came up. So me and a buddy had to go out and guard a very sensitive installation... the horse stables. We did have a walkie-talkie though, so the Sergeant of the Guard was relaying the play by play for us. 

I kid you not though, just before Montana threw the game winning TD, one of the male horses got a little too frisky with one of the female horses and she kicked him which caused him to bolt right through the fence, along with all of the other horses (a mini-stampede), and they were headed right at me and my buddy. 

My buddy was on the walkie-talkie screaming "The horses are after us!! The horses are after us!!" Of course, we both ran toward the rental building (which wasn't open but provided a bit of safety from getting trampled).

The MPs were called and took over from there. When we got back to the guard shack (barracks), and walked in, everyone yelled "The horses are after us!! The horses are after us!!" lol

So, that's exactly what I was doing while everyone else was watching Joe Montana throw that game winning TD. 

I love your stories!! Glad to see you have some time to share with us

35 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

I get it I’m disappointed that we have to sit through another Brady Super Bowl but I can only imagine what Boston fans are going through

I hope it's pure misery.  Buncha massholes.

Archived