What site do you guys use?

Outlaw

To get the truest sense of what ranges guys will fall in? For example, is Josh Jobe a 2nd rounder, a 3rd rounder, or a 4th rounder? I’ve seen him in all 3 on different sites. I used to be a CBS guy, but I also like Drafttek. 

Generally use a few, walter and cbs are probably the main two mixed with YouTube "film” to make a big board and a position ranking with overall round and spot projection. House looks like 

12E042E7-EA56-4FC8-9F26-157AAF4D0287.jpeg

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

To get the truest sense of what ranges guys will fall in? For example, is Josh Jobe a 2nd rounder, a 3rd rounder, or a 4th rounder? I’ve seen him in all 3 on different sites. I used to be a CBS guy, but I also like Drafttek. 

I personally like using Drafttek and CBS and try to get an "average" from those two. I used to follow WalterFootball's rankings years ago, but not really anymore. I use a variety of simulators such as TDN mock draft simulator, Fanspeak, PFF and also try to get a feel from how they compare to Drafttek and CBS. 

There's definitely a good amount of variation across the board once you get past the 1st round prospects on these sites.

• Like 1

Thedraftnetwork, Drafttek, all those simulators together, withthefirstpick, CBS etc.

Stopped using Walter. Find them to be a bit off after the first two rounds.

Basically what my friend @eaglesfan0075 told you.

Always try to envision fit but that is impossible now without knowning who the HC and staff will be and what kind of scheme they’l run both on offense and defense.

• Like 1

The Huddle Report invariably has a decent 'value board' IMO - and they publish an annual league table of the most accurate ones:-

top 100 board scores (thehuddlereport.com)

Also it has a 'links' page to numerous draft sites.

most accurate nfl mock drafts (thehuddlereport.com)

Go to thehuddlereport.com and check Top100 averages over the past 5 years. I can tell you we were 3rd or 4th when we stopped. That's damn good. Anyone averaging over 80 is worth looking at, but 84 and over is the ticket. Rick Gosselins and Bob McGinns do not count. They don't put anything out before the draft and get their information straight from NFL personnel and GMs right before the draft. It's insane. I used to talk to Goss and he had zero clue about players. Just got a list. 

I've never followed another site, so I'm of no help, but that is a good metric to follow. 

I will say that some sites are for clickbait only. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, stinkfist said:

Go to thehuddlereport.com and check Top100 averages over the past 5 years. I can tell you we were 3rd or 4th when we stopped. That's damn good. Anyone averaging over 80 is worth looking at, but 84 and over is the ticket. Rick Gosselins and Bob McGinns do not count. They don't put anything out before the draft and get their information straight from NFL personnel and GMs right before the draft. It's insane. I used to talk to Goss and he had zero clue about players. Just got a list. 

I've never followed another site, so I'm of no help, but that is a good metric to follow. 

I will say that some sites are for clickbait only. 

Thanks man, very insightful. 

5 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Thanks man, very insightful. 

No problem. I wish I could actually talk about other sites with some knowledge, but I really can't. Sites like GreatBlueNorth were great 20 years ago. They're dead and or have been passed by. I like the guys at THR a lot. They work hard. I don't know how accurate they are anymore, but they were before. Scott Wright was always a mock draft guy. Tommy and I just didn't care about them past exercises and also, obviously readers loved them. 

I throw darts now. 🤣

20 minutes ago, IFB DOG said:

May I interest you in an NFL GM position??

That depends. Can I actually draft talented players?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stinkfist said:

That depends. Can I actually draft talented players?

I believe that's actually part of the requirements...

image.png.9dfb2f81068ad52b7f7d5d77c5d217e8.png

Ope! I don't see that listed here my friend. Bonus!

Hired!

On 1/27/2021 at 8:21 AM, IFB DOG said:

May I interest you in an NFL GM position??

I have zero doubt I could draft better than Howie.