Phillip Rivers Retiring

Outlaw

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/20/philip-rivers-retiring-from-nfl/

Wonder if this makes Frank come after Wentz?

Philip Rivers has decided to call it a career.

Colts General Manager Chris Ballard said last week that he expected to meet with Rivers in a month to discuss the quarterback’s plans for the future. That meeting won’t be necessary because Rivers told Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune that he is retiring from the NFL after 17 seasons.

Rivers said that he’d considered retirement in recent years, but that "this is the first year I felt like the ending was real.”

"It’s just time,” Rivers said. "It’s just right. . . . I can sit here and say, ‘I can still throw it. I love to play.’ But that’s always going to be there. I’m excited to go coach high school football.”

Rivers ends his career with 63,440 passing yards and 421 passing touchdowns. He’s fifth in NFL history in both categories and ranks high in several other metrics. He was never able to make it to a Super Bowl with the Chargers or Colts, which is the biggest missing piece of an otherwise standout career that came to an end on Wednesday.

It annoys the hell out of me when people misspell his name. It's Philip (like a normal person), not Phillip (like a weirdo). 

• Haha 2

Just now, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

It annoys the hell out of me when people misspell his name. It's Philip (like a normal person), not Phillip (like a weirdo). 

rellax doode. 

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Lets trade them Hurts

Let's throw a curveball and trade them Suds.  He played at Indiana.  So, it makes sense!

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Wonder if this makes Frank come after Wentz?

I'd rather this piss the Colts ownership so much that they fire Frank. Then we can hire him. 

He is as tough as they come.  Can't believed he played the AFCCG without an ACL!  

Lack of any real playoff success will hurt is HoF chances, but I still think he belongs.

• Like 1

Always liked Rivers and I have watched many of Chargers games because of him, the dude is one of most competitive QB I’ve seen in all my years of watching football, I wish him well.

On 1/20/2021 at 10:47 PM, c_u_in_tampa said:

He has like 12 kids so hopefully he'll enjoy his time home. 

With that many kids it sounds like he was enjoying his time at home

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 7:18 PM, paco said:

With that many kids it sounds like he was enjoying his time at home

At least his wife was.  ;)

• Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 8:45 AM, Wormlegs said:

Here come the 47 Wentz to Indy posts 🚷

Only 47?

• Haha 2