Did anyone else forget what i forgot?

Captain F

I totally forgot we got Marquise Goodwin. His 1 year contract kicks in for 2021 since he opted out for 2020 (with good reason). 5'9. 4.27 40. 

I have seen people's projected roster for next year and he's not on most of them.  Out of sight out of mind? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, What The F said:

I totally forgot we got Marquise Goodwin. His 1 year contract kicks in for 2021 since he opted out for 2020 (with good reason). 5'9. 4.27 40. 

I have seen people's projected roster for next year and he's not on most of them.  Out of sight out of mind? 

This is good, so we have two WRs to work with, Goodwin and Watkins, if we get lucky get Tamorrian Terry we'll be in business.   

They can save $4.2 million without any dead money.  I would consider him good as gone.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

We could have afforded that contract this season, but in 2021, we have to look for ways to lower the cap. He would be a veteran presence in an otherwise very young group of WRs, but I don't think he's going to be a mentor type with lots of tricks to teach to the youngsters. 

52 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Who?

giphy.gif

A guy with blazing speed that clearly plays with heart and emotion.  The guys story is unreal. 

If they’re going to dump Jeffery and Jackson, they could use a veteran presence in the locker room. Not sure if he wants to even come back though. 

I think it's 50/50 whether he's on the roster. I mean he opted out due to covid and I think covid is still going to be a factor come the start of OTAs and TC (could even be at the start of next season).

He was no good before he took a year off.  I can not imagine that he got better.  He won't be on the team.

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

If they’re going to dump Jeffery and Jackson, they could use a veteran presence in the locker room. Not sure if he wants to even come back though. 

Well, he's most often found in the training room.   He can go.

16 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Well, he's most often found in the training room.   He can go.

So he basically fits right in here. 😂

11 hours ago, What The F said:

They need to get under the cap, so I think most of us are thinking it’s just a guarantee that he’ll be cut to free up some space. 

Well in a rebuild and going younger and you have a 30 year old 5th WR on your depth chart who sat out a year due to COVID...might be an easy cap casualty.

They should be cutting JJAW, Jeffrey and Jackson as well.  Leaving them with Reagor, Fulgham, Ward, Watkins and Hightower...and Chase.  B-)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, What The F said:

A guy with blazing speed that clearly plays with heart and emotion.  The guys story is unreal. 

The guy doesn't want to ball. Other than that, he is a great player.

• Sad 1

He never was much of anything. IF he is on the team next year he will have one or two huge splash plays during the season, but thats about it. We have younger options that can do what he does. Prove me wrong Marquise

No thanks. We can save some money by getting rid of him.

He's had one decent year in his career and aside from that, he's been meh at best.

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Well in a rebuild and going younger and you have a 30 year old 5th WR on your depth chart who sat out a year due to COVID...might be an easy cap casualty.

They should be cutting JJAW, Jeffrey and Jackson as well.  Leaving them with Reagor, Fulgham, Ward, Watkins and Hightower...and Chase.  B-)

All of this, right here.

NOTW, please start running the FO. :Eagle_smiley:

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, NOTW said:

Costs zero to cut him.

They re in cap hell and he costs way too much for what he is.  He is talented but nothing special really.