Matthew Stafford (Lions QB) -- TRADED TO LA RAMS

Seventy_Yard_FG

Early talk is suggesting the Lions can expect a 1st rd pick in return. Even if we had nobody under contract, there's no way I'm giving up the #6 pick for a QB that after 12 seasons has a career record of 74-90-1 (Wentz is 35-32-1) , a playoff record of 0-3, a career QB rating of 89.9 (Wentz is 89.2), career completion % of 62.6 (Wentz is 62.7), an INT % of 2.3 (Wentz is 2.0) 114 career 1st downs rushing (Wentz has 98), hasn't had a rushing TD in the last 4 seasons (Wentz had 5 this year)...

Lurie's "vision" would contradict the idea of giving up draft picks for a 12 year vet QB that will also have a high-priced contract.

• Like 1

He's always been talked about as being good.  And he's always looked the part.  But he's never actually won anything.

If he was FA, I'd be happy to see him brought in as a backup.  But I wouldn't trade for him.

Thanks but no thanks. For a late round pick? I mean maybe but even then I don't think so.

I mean this team isn't winning now. I could understand Indiannapolis or San Fran being interested. That's two teams who with a good QB could contend. But this team is years from that. 

Patriots should be all over him.  Unless Stafford is one of the guys that hated Patricia. 

54 minutes ago, hukdonfoniks said:

Patriots should be all over him.  Unless Stafford is one of the guys that hated Patricia. 

Does Patricia run the offense? Stafford wouldnt even need to deal with him if that was the case so it wouldnt matter. 

You could see a few teams go for him that he could fit. Colts, Pats, Bucs(If Brady retires). Steelers I was thinking but the coach seams to like more minority style QBs as of late. 

Question is will the Lions get the asking price of a 1st rounder? Now that the cat is out of the bag that they already agreed to part ways why would a team give up that much for a 33 year old QB? I could see more of a 2nd rounder and another pick/player. 

27 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Does Patricia run the offense? Stafford wouldnt even need to deal with him if that was the case so it wouldnt matter. 

You could see a few teams go for him that he could fit. Colts, Pats, Bucs(If Brady retires). Steelers I was thinking but the coach seams to like more minority style QBs as of late. 

Question is will the Lions get the asking price of a 1st rounder? Now that the cat is out of the bag that they already agreed to part ways why would a team give up that much for a 33 year old QB? I could see more of a 2nd rounder and another pick/player. 

Patricia's still in the building, still involved in the organization.  Didn't sound like many of the Lions players were happy being around him.  Coaches don't have to be directly involved with a player for them not to like him. 

Detroit probably won't get a 1st for Stafford, but they've got a small shot at one for a few reasons:

1) Stafford's 33 years old and it's not out of the question that he could play another five years. QB's are making runs late into their 30's and early 40's, so if someone does trade for him they wouldn't have to sell the draft farm to get a blue-chip rookie right away.

2) He's easily manageable.  His cap hits the next two years aren't terrible at all.  That takes him to 35 and if his next team wanted to extend him, it's not a crazy long-term commitment at that point.  He can keep them competitive without mortgaging too much of the future. 

3) Stafford's an all-out gamer and players LOVE playing for him. 

That might be worth it to someone at the ass end of the 1st.  Depends on what happens with the Trey Lance/Mac Jones/Kyle Trask's of the draft.