The Jim Johnson Coaching Tree

Aerolithe_Lion

7 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yes the Walsh tree is still insanely huge in the league today. Strangely it's mostly been only defense that were promoted to head coach for Belichick too. McDaniels I think is the only offensive guy to go to head coach 

There’s been a couple of Reid offensive guys. Reid came out of the Holmgren branch as a quarterback coach, and Holgren himself was and offensive guy. Interestingly me is Sean Payton. He’s a guy mostly considered a Parcells guy, but he did spend time with the Eagles too. Might have been with Gruden though. He’s also in the Walsh tree too. 

11 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

There’s been a couple of Reid offensive guys. Reid came out of the Holmgren branch as a quarterback coach, and Holgren himself was and offensive guy. Interestingly me is Sean Payton. He’s a guy mostly considered a Parcells guy, but he did spend time with the Eagles too. Might have been with Gruden though. He’s also in the Walsh tree too. 

Payton actually started his NFL career as a coach with as a QB coach for the Eagles. He had 1 year with gruden and 1 year with Dana Bible 😬 lol. More unwarranted hate towards a guy who actually started his career with us lol. I think he gets more associated with Parcells because he got hired as a head coach off of a job with Parcells. 

6 hours ago, matchew88 said:

He did fine with what he was given. He could have grown into the role. Andy's downfall in PHI was not looking outside his network, and ran out of ready-now guys. 

true, however, maybe he felt like he didn't really have to. What year was it that pretty much every coach in the playoffs had worked for Andy Reid at some time point in their career? Maybe it was the final 4. I don't remember

I miss JJ and that type of physical Eagles defense.  They haven't been the same since.  The talent on those teams were ridiculous as well.