Eagles Hire Jason Michael as TE Coach (Colts TE Coach)

time2rock

Michael played Quarterback at Western Kentucky and won a 1-AA championship.  Jack Harbaugh, father of John and Jim Harbaugh was his coach at Western Kentucky.

Has been a QB coach with the Titans, Jets and 9ers, as well as offensive coordinator with the Titans.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Michael played Quarterback at Western Kentucky and won a 1-AA championship.  Jack Harbaugh, father of John and Jim Harbaugh was his coach at Western Kentucky.

Has been a QB coach with the Titans, Jets and 9ers, as well as offensive coordinator with the Titans.

We have quite a few new coaches on offense that have a mixed bag of experience (OC, QB coach, WR coach, etc). I’m digging that a few of these other guys are former OCs.  

• Like 1

I mean... Sirianni wants to surround himself with guys he knows and has worked with before but this all seems a bit much doesn't it? It isn't like the Colts were this hugely successful team who everyone wants to replicate. I could understand wanting to replicate the Chiefs current set up. And also, why would some of these coaches want to leave the Colts to take up the same role in Philly? Seems odd.

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean... Sirianni wants to surround himself with guys he knows and has worked with before but this all seems a bit much doesn't it? It isn't like the Colts were this hugely successful team who everyone wants to replicate. I could understand wanting to replicate the Chiefs current set up. And also, why would some of these coaches want to leave the Colts to take up the same role in Philly? Seems odd.

You are trying too hard to find an issue.  There is nothing unusual about how this is going.  He is pulling from his network and the coaches are making decisions about where they get the best opportunity.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Philadelphia Colts

What song are you singing: Fly Colts Fly? Green Colts? LOL.

On 1/27/2021 at 3:20 PM, downundermike said:

22 hours ago, time2rock said:

We have quite a few new coaches on offense that have a mixed bag of experience (OC, QB coach, WR coach, etc). I’m digging that a few of these other guys are former OCs.  

Former QBs as player and/or coaches for the QB University Factory.

13 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/press-taylor-reportedly-joining-frank-reichs-staff-indianapolis

Sounds like Press Taylor is joining Reich’s staff. Crazy how everyone says these guys can’t coach but the greatest assistant coach in Eagles seems to keep hiring them. 🤔

Frank had to bring him in to fix him.  He sent Nick to fix Carson.  Both will be entirely brand new when Frank and Nick are done with them.

Notice how Doug didn't get any jobs.

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

Can't say I'm surprised, Doug doesn't exude intelligence.

On 1/28/2021 at 6:18 AM, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

You are trying too hard to find an issue.  There is nothing unusual about how this is going.  He is pulling from his network and the coaches are making decisions about where they get the best opportunity.

Agreed I see it as the guy feeling that maybe he’ll get promoted quicker by moving to the eagles by his buddy who asked him to come.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, downundermike said:

Frank had to bring him in to fix him.  He sent Nick to fix Carson.  Both will be entirely brand new when Frank and Nick are done with them.

Doug chose to take a year off. He had no desire to be an OC. Doug is getting 5 mil to sit at home. I don’t think he’s complaining bud. Good luck to our new coach to try and "fix” a player who doesn’t think he’s broken. 🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/press-taylor-reportedly-joining-frank-reichs-staff-indianapolis

Sounds like Press Taylor is joining Reich’s staff. Crazy how everyone says these guys can’t coach but the greatest assistant coach in Eagles seems to keep hiring them. 🤔

It will be interesting to see who does what this year.  Wentz here, Duce in Detroit, Press in Indy. Maybe get some clarity. 

• Like 1