Eagles Hire Nick Rallis as LB Coach (Minnesota Vikings Quality Control Coach)

time2rock

Thankfully we are giving him a lot of talent to work with.......

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Thankfully we are giving him a lot of talent to work with.......

At least they’re all basically very young at the position so they might not be as quick to tune him out. I’m just hoping. 😂

Maybe Howie will let him play since he is only 27.   We are open to playing scrub LBs, so anything is possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

At least they’re all basically very young at the position so they might not be as quick to tune him out. I’m just hoping. 😂

At least he doesn’t get the joy of coaching Nate Gerry. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

At least he doesn’t get the joy of coaching Nate Gerry. 

You never know. Howie loves his projects. 😂

• Haha 1

You don't want to discount youth if they're the right hire age doesn't exactly matter as long as the players respect the coach.  

With all these young hires, you expect to see some veterans.  I suppose since they kept Stoutland and Moorehead there's a least some continuity there.  Lurie said he wanted to hire a "leader of coaches" as the head coach and he himself is young and has never even called plays and will be doing that for the first time.

I expect a big roster purge of veterans.  It seems like they're expecting to rebuild around young players and young coaches to grow together.  That's not necessarily a bad thing as newer coaches with less experience can be hungry and focused and want to prove themselves.  

One thing I appreciated about Doug is how he kept the team from giving up during adversity.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NOTW said:

You don't want to discount youth if they're the right hire age doesn't exactly matter as long as the players respect the coach.  

With all these young hires, you expect to see some veterans.  I suppose since they kept Fipp, Stoutland and Moorehead there's a least some continuity there.  Lurie said he wanted to hire a "leader of coaches" as the head coach and he himself is young and has never even called plays and will be doing that for the first time.

I expect a big roster purge of veterans.  It seems like they're expecting to rebuild around young players and young coaches to grow together.  That's not necessarily a bad thing as newer coaches with less experience can be hungry and focused and want to prove themselves.  

One thing I appreciated about Doug is how he kept the team from giving up during adversity.  

Except the last quarter of the last game, but of course I didn’t see it as tanking. In a meaningless game I go back to Drew Brees and the Chargers who got crushed when Brees played in that last game that meant nothing and he blew out his shoulder.  I though he was protecting Hurts and Wentz for next year, he gave Hurts 3 quarters to do something .

If Hurts would of blown out his ACL then Doug would of been killed for playing him, screwed either way.    As for screwed, that’s any value Sudfeld had which wasn’t much, apparently putting him in the game means you’re tanking, like he’s Tony Wroten, and Doug is Hinkie.

I'm interested to know what players make of a coaches age? I guess some aren't bothered by it as long as they believe the coach knows their stuff but I'm imagining some take issue? I mean surely some of the more experienced players may feel like "you're around my age, you clearly weren't good enough to play football so why are you good enough to coach me".

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm interested to know what players make of a coaches age? I guess some aren't bothered by it as long as they believe the coach knows their stuff but I'm imagining some take issue? I mean surely some of the more experienced players may feel like "you're around my age, you clearly weren't good enough to play football so why are you good enough to coach me".

It's the old saying, those that can do, those that can't teach. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr_Philly said:

It's the old saying, those that can do, those that can't teach. 

Very true. And hey if a guy is good then he's good end of.