Better chance of being traded: Dak or Deshaun?

Wallyhorse

Better chance of being traded: Dak or Deshaun?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which quarterback has the better chance of being traded this offseason (doesn't mean either or both of them will be)?

• Dak Prescott
    • Deshaun Watson

Doesn't mean either actually will be traded, this is just who has a better chance of being traded:

I actually think Dak has a better chance of being traded. I see the Cowboys doing a "franchise and trade" or NBA-style "sign and trade" where we see:

Dak to the Jets

Cowboys get Sam Darnold and one or both of the first rounders the Jets got from the Seahawks in the Jamal Adams trade.  

If the jets are going to do that then they might as well go all in on Watson. 

Just keep watson out of the nfce unless we have him. 

want prescott to remain a cowboy forever.  Just like romo 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

I think only one of the, is under contract so I'll go with Watson

That too. Dak isn't going to sign his franchise tag to go to the stupid jets

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That too. Dak isn't going to sign his franchise tag to go to the stupid jets

Remember, the Jets are $60 Million UNDER the cap, which is why they are in the Watson sweepstakes.  I think Watson has a much better chance of going to the Dolphins because they can give the Texans Tua, the third pick (which the Dolphins got from the Texans for Larimie Tunsil in the first place), I believe the 18th pick this year and if needed some other picks.  Texans can bounce back in a hurry if Watson goes to Miami. 

I can see where Dak is franchised and his rights are traded to the Jets, contingent on Dak agreeing to sign with the Jets for 3-4 years.  If Dak plays on the franchise tag again in Dallas this year and then is franchised again, the cap hit for the Cowboys is $53 Million in 2022 and that's why it may make more sense to do essentially what is a "sign and trade" as is often done in the NBA and the Jets because of their cap position, new staff and restructured office are in a position to get good in a hurry with Dak at QB while the Cowboys avoid cap hell with two cheap QBs (Andy Dalton, who is expected to remain in Dallas and in this scenario Sam Darnold) competing for the starting job. 

Neither.

Texans don't want to trade Watson.  Their asking price is ridiculous, and according to reports they aren't even listening to trade offers.  That relationship is so dysfunctional that it will end very badly.  I can see Watson being a training camp holdout, but reporting eventually.  

Dak is also not going anywhere.   He's all over IG posting stuff about playing with the Cowboys.  He wants to go back to Dallas and Dallas wants him back.  Dallas NEEDS him back.  Dak will be tagged and probably will sign a long-term deal.

1 hour ago, Wallyhorse said:

Cowboys avoid cap hell with two cheap QBs (Andy Dalton, who is expected to remain in Dallas and in this scenario Sam Darnold) competing for the starting job. 

(1) Nobody wants Sam Darnold; sorry, washed up 1st round picks usually get cut and not traded.  Also, why in the world would Dallas want to go into the season with these two at QB?  That is a major downgrade at QB and they have not indicated they are in rebuilding mode.  

(2) Why would Dak want to play for the Jets?  I could see Dallas wanting the Jets 1st round pick to get a QB, but I don't see Dallas trading Dak and I certainly don't see Dak wanting to play for the Jets.  

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 8:30 PM, Mike030270 said:

Texans may not want to trade him but if he starts not showing up then they may be forced to

One potential four-way deal I could see if the Texans decide they want their own QB:

Watson to the Dolphins.
Tua to the Jets, who also get Pick #36 (fourth pick of Round 2) from the Dolphins and Pick #65 (first pick of Round 3) from the Jaguars.
Jaguars get Pick #2 and Sam Darnold from the Jets AND Pick #3 from the Texans via the Dolphins plus at least one additional pick (in 2021 or '22) from the Dolphins and Texans
Texans get Picks #1 & #25 from the Jags and Pick #18 from the Dolphins plus pick #23 from the Seahawks via the Jets.  Texans also likely get at least one third rounder (in 2021 or '22) from each of the others. 

This allows the Texans to take Trevor Lawrence. 

10 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

One potential four-way deal I could see if the Texans decide they want their own QB:

Watson to the Dolphins.
Tua to the Jets, who also get Pick #36 (fourth pick of Round 2) from the Dolphins and Pick #65 (first pick of Round 3) from the Jaguars.
Jaguars get Pick #2 and Sam Darnold from the Jets AND Pick #3 from the Texans via the Dolphins plus at least one additional pick (in 2021 or '22) from the Dolphins and Texans
Texans get Picks #1 & #25 from the Jags and Pick #18 from the Dolphins plus pick #23 from the Seahawks via the Jets.  Texans also likely get at least one third rounder (in 2021 or '22) from each of the others. 

Man that would be a hell of a trade for the Texans. To acquire all that and to get Lawrence? Wow that would be something. 

56 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Watson to the Dolphins.

Is there any reason you think the Jets would want Tua?  That's not an upgrade from Sam.  Why would they bother?  On what planet do they take Tua and essentially give away the 2nd pick in the draft!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Vee said:

Is there any reason you think the Jets would want Tua?  That's not an upgrade from Sam.  Why would they bother?  On what planet do they take Tua and essentially give away the 2nd pick in the draft!

Tua almost got the Dolphins to the playoffs.  He has a year in the league and is on a rookie deal.  That's what it's about.

4 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Tua almost got the Dolphins to the playoffs.  He has a year in the league and is on a rookie deal.  That's what it's about.

No they kept benching Tua so Fitzpatrick can get them to the playoffs