51 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Isn’t there a football game on tonight?

Just sayin’

DVR

The game is not even being played on the Field of dreams field, I'll pass

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yes it is

No it isn't, they built another field

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/field-of-dreams-stadium-location-movie/1rqmxmwc287as192y7bzuysuee

"

The White Sox and Yankees will take part in the 2021 Field of Dreams Game, but it will not be held at the iconic field.

Instead, MLB has built a new stadium not too far off from the original ballpark from the 1989 film "Field of Dreams.”

3 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

No it isn't, they built another field

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/field-of-dreams-stadium-location-movie/1rqmxmwc287as192y7bzuysuee

"

The White Sox and Yankees will take part in the 2021 Field of Dreams Game, but it will not be held at the iconic field.

Instead, MLB has built a new stadium not too far off from the original ballpark from the 1989 film "Field of Dreams.”

My bad

That was terrible, seeing the Yankees come all the way back just to get walked off in the bottom of the 9th :roll: Must have really hurt all those Lakers and Cowboys fans

• Haha 1

Saw the highlights , great game but in my opinion which is by far the minority view it was a big fail by MLB not playing on the actual field and building a new one

1 hour ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Saw the highlights , great game but in my opinion which is by far the minority view it was a big fail by MLB not playing on the actual field and building a new one

I'd say it was a massive success - curious what the ratings were.  It's all anyone has been talking about on sports radio today

I caught bits and pieces of the game and it looked great. Hopefully MLB just lets this event stand on its own and we don't get 4 or 5 spin-off games every year like the NHL does with the Winter Classic.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

I'd say it was a massive success - curious what the ratings were.  It's all anyone has been talking about on sports radio today

I may be the only person on the planet that thinks is was a massive failure for not playing on the actual field.,

19 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I don't know.  I would make it a game every year.  With different teams.  Where the NHL screwed up, was have multiple outdoor games in a season now.  Not just the one.  Hell, I think they are planning one for down here in Raleigh.  

Sounds like they plan on going with the once a year/different teams option which I'm ultimately cool with. What I didn't want to see is exactly what you alluded to with the NHL... multiple games/locations every season.

55 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah, I saw something online saying that some people want them to try the Sandlot field.  Talk about a severely overrated movie.  

Depends how old you were when it came out. For me I was 13 so I could relate to the kids since I was a kid and played baseball after school and all summer long. So it has great nastagila for me. Do I go looking for it to watch? No but, if it is on while flipping through channels I still enjoy some parts of that movie. 

• 9 months later...

Check out this video of Albert Pujols relief pitching for the Cards in the 9th inning of a blowout win

On 8/18/2021 at 9:08 AM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah, I saw something online saying that some people want them to try the Sandlot field.  Talk about a severely overrated movie.  

I remember Costner's wife being really annoying

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Manfred looking at expanding to 32.  If they do that I really hope they reorganize the divisions back to how it used to be like: 4 divisions of 8 teams.  There is way, way too much intra division games right now, we don't actually need 18 games of Guardians/Royals.  12 x7 = 84 division games, 6x8 = 48 intra division games, 3x8=24 interleague v.s. counterpart division (east v east alternating home/away evry year), 2x3= 6 interleague opposite divison (east v west 1 series home/away determined by set rotation or by weighted schedule).

Playoffs would be nice and simple with 2 division winners and 4 wild cards per league.

6 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Manfred looking at expanding to 32.  If they do that I really hope they reorganize the divisions back to how it used to be like: 4 divisions of 8 teams.  There is way, way too much intra division games right now, we don't actually need 18 games of Guardians/Royals.  12 x7 = 84 division games, 6x8 = 48 intra division games, 3x8=24 interleague v.s. counterpart division (east v east alternating home/away evry year), 2x3= 6 interleague opposite divison (east v west 1 series home/away determined by set rotation or by weighted schedule).

Playoffs would be nice and simple with 2 division winners and 4 wild cards per league.

Oakland will move to Vegas and they will add Nashville and Montreal most likely

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Oakland will move to Vegas and they will add Nashville and Montreal most likely

Yup.  Montreal back to the NL East, Charlotte or Nashville to the AL East.

On 6/30/2022 at 8:17 PM, dawkins4prez said:

Yup.  Montreal back to the NL East, Charlotte or Nashville to the AL East.

Montreal would probably be placed in the AL East, to give Toronto a natural rival.  The other team would go to the NL.

Would they 8 4-team divisions, like the NFL?  Or 4 8-team divisions, making it look like the old MLB?  I think 8-team divisions with division winners getting a bye, and the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the division playing each other (with HFA for the second-best team, of course) for the right to play the division winner, makes a lot of sense.

My divisions:

NL East

Philadelphia

New York Mets

Atlanta

Miami

Washington

Pittsburgh

Cincinnati

Nashville or Charlotte

NL West

Los Angeles Dodgers

San Francisco

San Diego

Colorado

Arizona

Chicago Cubs

Milwaukee

St. Louis

AL East

Montreal

Toronto

Boston

New York Yankees

Baltimore

Tampa Bay

Cleveland

Detroit

AL West

Seattle

Oakland/Las Vegas

Los Angeles Angels

Houston

Texas

Kansas City

Minnesota

Chicago White Sox

It would not be ideal for teams in the western Great Lakes/Mississippi Valley to be in the West divisions, but at least they are bunched up with each other pretty well.  Everyone east of Lake Michigan is in an East division, and everyone west of Lake Michigan is in a West division.

• Like 1