reintroduction and cap question

Eaglerick55

Good morning all.

I guess a quick need to reintroduce myself here. For those of you who have been here a long, like Ray, Rob, Infam, and others, I used to be SOUTHCAROLINAEAGLE. When board changed hands, I was somehow unable to regain my original permissions. Tried for months, then tried using new names. Could not register for months. But, suddenly, am now able to get onto these boards. Blind luck, I guess. Using the name most people here in SC know me as. Anyway, am back now. Glad to be back. Been a diehard Eagle fan since 62. "Born and bred, and until I'm dead"

I have a cap question. OTC says that we are 43m over the cap. And all the local news pundits are using this number, and continue to be in panic mode. But, including the re-deals to Malik and Alshon that were done at end of Jan, we will have 30m in carryover 2020 salary. That drops us to 13m over. New deals with Barnett and Goodwin(??) would save us 10m. That puts us only 3m over cap. Dealing or redoing Ertz, Restructures to several possible guys should put us reasonably below the cap number. Malik and Alshon will be June 1 cuts, and save us 4.2m, which will help us to sign rookies. Why is everyone in such a panic mode about the cap?? What am I missing?

Will give my ideas on FA and draft when we gat a bit closer. I have several scenarios running thru my head, and will need to get some more information before I can narrow down all my options. Think I have 7 different ones running around my brain.

Thx. ER

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eaglerick55 said:

Good morning all.

I guess a quick need to reintroduce myself here. For those of you who have been here a long, like Ray, Rob, Infam, and others, I used to be SOUTHCAROLINAEAGLE. When board changed hands, I was somehow unable to regain my original permissions. Tried for months, then tried using new names. Could not register for months. But, suddenly, am now able to get onto these boards. Blind luck, I guess. Using the name most people here in SC know me as. Anyway, am back now. Glad to be back. Been a diehard Eagle fan since 62. "Born and bred, and until I'm dead"

I have a cap question. OTC says that we are 43m over the cap. And all the local news pundits are using this number, and continue to be in panic mode. But, including the re-deals to Malik and Alshon that were done at end of Jan, we will have 30m in carryover 2020 salary. That drops us to 13m over. New deals with Barnett and Goodwin(??) would save us 10m. That puts us only 3m over cap. Dealing or redoing Ertz, Restructures to several possible guys should put us reasonably below the cap number. Malik and Alshon will be June 1 cuts, and save us 4.2m, which will help us to sign rookies. Why is everyone in such a panic mode about the cap?? What am I missing?

Will give my ideas on FA and draft when we gat a bit closer. I have several scenarios running thru my head, and will need to get some more information before I can narrow down all my options. Think I have 7 different ones running around my brain.

Thx. ER

Welcome back!

In those 43 million the carry over is included. We were 60+ million over the cap.

I lost count but from my understanding we’re at/around 30 million now and that doesn’t include a trade/cut of Ertz.

Next 8-10 days will be important. 

Hey Ray. Don't think that is correct. Math does not add up for any of the teams. They are still doing auditing and checking for bonuses and incentive pay. Thought the official number for rollover comes out on last day of year--this year March 16

1 hour ago, Eaglerick55 said:

Hey Ray. Don't think that is correct. Math does not add up for any of the teams. They are still doing auditing and checking for bonuses and incentive pay. Thought the official number for rollover comes out on last day of year--this year March 16

They had about a 23 million carry over and were 60+ million over the cap from my understanding. So that 43 million would make sense. Anyway...they’re well over it so I expect some trades, cuts and restructures the upcoming 8 to 10 days.

Rumor has it both LA teams are interested in Ertz and might trade for him only to not get into a bidding war. There was also a report they are in talks with the Browns concerning a Barnett trade but also stated they’re not looking to trade him. Well everyone’s available for the right price so you never know...

Check overthecap.com - I believe Ray is correct. 

Just read that carryover amounts are added in when official 2021 cap numbers are announced. We are carrying over 22.8m, which I believe is 6th most. Cleveland has the most at slightly over 30m. That means that IF the official cap number for 2021 is 180m, then we will be about 20m over. Not great, but a bit better.

31 minutes ago, Eaglerick55 said:

Just read that carryover amounts are added in when official 2021 cap numbers are announced. We are carrying over 22.8m, which I believe is 6th most. Cleveland has the most at slightly over 30m. That means that IF the official cap number for 2021 is 180m, then we will be about 20m over. Not great, but a bit better.

2020 rollover is already figured in, @Ray75is correct.