Marquise Goodwin reverts back to 49ers

Cheesteakitis

It's a pretty strange occurrence. But since we were unlikely to keep his contract around, it's pretty cool to get the 49ers' 7th rd pick out of it.

• Like 1

Is this because he opted out and didn't play a snap for the season?

Seems like 49ers will likely release him. Wonder if he'd consider coming back here on a very cheap deal

Anyone blame him? Who really wants to go down with the ship?

5xl1q.jpg

• Like 1

Meh. We can do better in the draft.

We aren't SB bound this year so stock up on youngsters this season.

28 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Seems like 49ers will likely release him. Wonder if he'd consider coming back here on a very cheap deal

I assume it has something to do with not playing a snap... I saw one report that had us restructure his contract and then this happened so if indeed his was willing to restructure I could see us being able to get him back if we really want.

He restructured the contract after the trade and he never finalized the deal, so its basically voided and he returns to the 49ers. 49ers also will owe us a pick back, assuming a 7th rounder.

Believe this move gets us under the cap, and we get our original 7th rounder back. 

At least he got a box of Eagles' swag.   Seriously though after he opted out, I didn't think he would play a snap for the Eagles because of all our younger WRs that need to be developed.  He's fast, but very mediocre and our young WRs need those snaps.  

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I think he opted out, cause he had no desire to play here from the start. 

5 hours ago, brkmsn said:

It's a pretty strange occurrence. But since we were unlikely to keep his contract around, it's pretty cool to get the 49ers' 7th rd pick out of it.

Maybe Howie gets lucky and drafts the next Mialata or Jalen Mills. 

6 hours ago, Mr_Philly said:

I feel we barely got to know him, lol.

I didn't even remember that we traded for him. 

• Haha 1

My Frank Gore and Marquise Goodwin Eagles jerseys are going to be valuable collector items one day!

I wonder how much this guy got paid for moving to the eagles, not playing a game and then moving back to SF?

6 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

First Frank Gore, then Goodwin, two legendary Eagles.

Hey don't you be forgetting the Eagle's coaching giant, Jay Valai, his 11 days not even entering the facility cast a giant shadow over Eagles football.

• Like 1

So we didn't trade our 7th initially for Goodwin ... we swapped 6th rd picks in the 2020 draft.  So if we are getting a 7th from SF, wouldn't we now own 2 picks in that round?  

Unusual move.  Did not think they could return the goods after a full season when he opted out the season due to Covid.  Can't say that Howie has not left any stone un-turned.