Officially released players tracker

Moderator6

Can we add Anyhope Ofcompeting to the list?  Definitely released by the Eagles this offseason.  No link.

• Haha 2

They are under the cap, but you have to wonder who else will be released if they are looking to make room to sign any 2nd tier free agents.

They have released alot of talent that's for sure.  Sadly with the cap situation they won't be replacing any of it this year. 

On 3/18/2021 at 11:58 AM, xxeaglesfanxx said:

They have released alot of talent that's for sure.  Sadly with the cap situation they won't be replacing any of it this year. 

Did they?  I mean sure you can say Jackson (both of them) are talented, but DeSean was rarely healthy, so he was adding next to nothing here.  Jeffery has definitely declined since his Chicago days (and year 1 here).  It was definitely time to move on from those older players and start the youth movement.  The focus should be to add as much young talent as possible to start grooming in the new schemes that will be put in place by the new coaching staff and to allow them to start developing a chemistry playing together.  That means Howie really needs to string together a couple good drafts which we all know isn't his strong suit.   

• Like 4

On 3/18/2021 at 8:58 AM, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Jeffery and Jackson are 2 talented WRs that were released, but we didn't release a lot of production (from them). Malik Jackson is another talented player, but an injury stole 1 season from him and, again, we aren't losing a lot of production. I do believe Wentz will rebound from his bad season in 2020, but I'm just as confident Hurts can out-perform Wentz' 2020 season easily (especially with a more typical offseason). Mills was a bit underrated by fans and offered versatility, but Harris' one-year deal is a better value, so contrary to your conclusion, he was replaced. Johnston wasn't terrible, but he got a lot of money for a punter. I'm not sure he did enough to warrant being one of the NFL's top paid punters. I don't expect much drop off at that position. The Eagles could have protected him a bit if they felt he was worth it. 

There will still be a much higher than normal crop of FAs available before the season that will be in a position to play on 1-year deals, due to this year's low cap, and try to score big in 2022 free agency. We're not going to have a problem finding players that can help for 1 year.

56 minutes ago, time2rock said:

DeSean Jackson now officially a member of the LA Rams.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/21/desean-jackson-joins-the-rams/

Signed to a 1 year deal.  I'm sure they'll get a good 2-3 games out of him.  

Nah, he'll go there and play like a super star and be healthy all season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/20/2021 at 12:32 PM, time2rock said:

Did they?  I mean sure you can say Jackson (both of them) are talented, but DeSean was rarely healthy, so he was adding next to nothing here.  Jeffery has definitely declined since his Chicago days (and year 1 here).  It was definitely time to move on from those older players and start the youth movement.  The focus should be to add as much young talent as possible to start grooming in the new schemes that will be put in place by the new coaching staff and to allow them to start developing a chemistry playing together.  That means Howie really needs to string together a couple good drafts which we all know isn't his strong suit.   

I'm not sure Jeffery has declined that much, I said it few times over the last 4 seasons I think the Doug and Carson show just sucked to play in as a WR especially as one who's good at high pointing contested catches, because Doug had a massive hard on for plays that involved throwing to the TE over the middle and throwing one up for the contested catch on the outside is the one throw Wentz would rather die than throw. Jeffery's injuries have taken their toll but I'll bet he could still put up 800 yards plus given the right coach QB combination.

45 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I'm not sure Jeffery has declined that much, I said it few times over the last 4 seasons I think the Doug and Carson show just sucked to play in as a WR especially as one who's good at high pointing contested catches, because Doug had a massive hard on for plays that involved throwing to the TE over the middle and throwing one up for the contested catch on the outside is the one throw Wentz would rather die than throw. Jeffery's injuries have taken their toll but I'll bet he could still put up 800 yards plus given the right coach QB combination.

No freaking way

1 hour ago, greend said:

Nah, he'll go there and play like a super star and be healthy all season.

This is what I'm expecting also. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, greend said:

No freaking way

While he was he here he put up 749 yards of 16 games, 843 off 13 games (paces for 1038 off 16 games) and 490 off 10 games (paces for 784 off 16), that's on a team with a TE heavy passing game that hasn't had a wide receiver break 1000 yards since Doug was hired. I know everyone here likes to believe he lost whatever he had but I think he'd do a solid job if he could catch on elsewhere.

Just now, Cochis_Calhoun said:

While he was he here he put up 749 yards of 16 games, 843 off 13 games (paces for 1038 off 16 games) and 490 off 10 games (paces for 784 off 16), that's on a team with a TE heavy passing game that hasn't had a wide receiver break 1000 yards since Doug was hired. I know everyone here likes to believe he lost whatever he had but I think he'd do a solid job if he could catch on elsewhere.

And I'm going with no he won't. 

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Knowing our luck he'll play 10-12 games this year. 

...and make the Pro Bowl...

So far the only player the Eagles lost performance wise from 2020 was Mills. The rest of the group contributed little to nothing or were just plain bad. 

• Like 2

On 3/22/2021 at 8:15 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I disagree but regardless of what you feel about Jeffery, he isn't part of the future here.  The focus needs to be adding young talent and letting them grow together to form a new nucleus.  The current nucleus consists mostly of aging vets.  Time to gradually start moving on from all of them - that should be a 2-3 process.  

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I disagree but regardless of what you feel about Jeffery, he isn't part of the future here.  The focus needs to be adding young talent and letting them grow together to form a new nucleus.  The current nucleus consists mostly of aging vets.  Time to gradually start moving on from all of them - that should be a 2-3 process.  

Oh I wasn't saying they should have kept him, just I wouldn't be surprised if he had an Indian summer and earned himself one last payday.

20 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Oh I wasn't saying they should have kept him, just I wouldn't be surprised if he had an Indian summer and earned himself one last payday.

I don't think he's done by any means ... I think it is likely he gets a 1 year prove it deal somewhere and if lucky could likely leads to yet another 1 year deal - I doubt any team gives him a true multi-year deal (meaning one that doesn't have an easy opt out clause after 1 year).  

On 3/22/2021 at 5:15 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Ertz or Goddart on a LB is mismatch..I will take that any time of the day. Wentz and Alshon...Their timing was slightly off. Either Wentz was inaccurate or Alshon was hurt..or a dropped pass. There were some nice passes too...but nothing so spectacular that I will loose my sleep over it.

20 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

So far the only player the Eagles lost performance wise from 2020 was Mills. The rest of the group contributed little to nothing or were just plain bad. 

I liked Curry, he wasn’t the greatest but he was good for the rotation

11 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I liked Curry, he wasn’t the greatest but he was good for the rotation

Good rotational guy for sure, but not someone who is irreplaceable.