Roseman and Sirianni press conference about Doug, Carson, Hurts and more

NOTW

Another wonderful " we are the greatest Brains in the NFL" performance. Howie was saying and repeating multiple times how he is all about improving the team....and considering his draft record ...this BS.

Siri ..was kind of funny and laughable  when he was describing his game plan of adjusting to the players available. Sure if this was Fantasy NFL and you have Julio Jones, Jerry Rice, and Chris Carter as your 3 starting, in their youth, wide receivers it would be easy to scheme. But when you have Whiteside and company ..it may not be so simple and easy to incorporate WR into your scheme. This goes for the beat up offensive line..and the rest of positions. Lack of talent prohibits adaptation. Siri will be Lucky if we do not start 0-3 next season and at least win 1.

Coach Nick repeatedly talks about his brother a HS coach as inspiration.  Let's hope he coaches well at an NFL level!

14 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Is it me, or does Sirianni seem like he's in over his head?

Sure, literally the only guy that said the right sheet that everyone loved was Chip Kelly and look how that turned out. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Sure, literally the only guy that said the right sheet that everyone loved was Chip Kelly and look how that turned out. 

Just seems like he's all over the place when he speaks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Well to be honest I haven't even bothered listening to his press conferences. I never listen to any press conferences they are a joke no matter who the coach, player, owner and GM is 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well to be honest I haven't even bothered listening to his press conferences. I never listen to any press conferences they are a joke no matter who the coach, player, owner and GM is 

He's fine there

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Agreed and that’s why I’ve for the most part avoided listening to him speak, because people are getting too caught up in what he says right now. Andy Reid’s first presser was horrible and so was Doug’s as he tried to explain what they were doing in the Chief vs Patriots playoff game. Chip had everyone eating out of the palm of his had, and he’s been the worst hire of Lurie’s tenure. I don’t care if Sirianni has that aw shucks type of vibe, because winning is the key. Just go win games.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2021 at 9:10 AM, Portyansky said:

Lurie was the funniest when he said what stuck out after 2 days with Sirianni, was that he is a great communicator...:roll: Lurie is either clueless or insulting to fans. Either way, idiocy reigns at Nova Care.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Lurie was the funniest when he said what stuck out after 2 days with Sirianni, was that he is a great communicator...:roll: Lurie is either clueless or insulting to fans. Either way, idiocy reigns at Nova Care.

Speaking in front of microphones on tv and to a crowd or reporters is not anywhere close to being the same thing as communicating to your players and bosses one on one or on the field to your players. I know lurie has said some dumb sheet this year but, those 2 things are not the same

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Speaking in front of microphones on tv and to a crowd or reporters is not anywhere close to being the same thing as communicating to your players and bosses one on one or on the field to your players. I know lurie has said some dumb sheet this year but, those 2 things are not the same

Public speaking is public speaking. A "great" communicator is a polished communicator who knows his audience and performs well in every setting. Sirianni isn't polished. He bumbles and stumbles his way through his answers, offers no answers to what is being asked, and goes off on tangents in his responses with "systems" and brother stories. That's indicative of a very poor communicator who can't process information fast enough to even give the half answers we expect from coach speak. When stumped he turns to a veiled emotional appeal like I love my brother and I love bragging on him...blah, blah, blah.

Look in his eyes. Do you see the bright light of hyper intelligence behind them? or do you see dull eyes of a slow thinking and overwhelmed guy, who is can't maintain focus and is taking the fake-it-till-you-make-it approach? I know what I see. I've seen it before. Look, he will probably get better at public speaking the more he does it. Right now, he stinks at it, and I wonder if he won't be the same in front of a room of players. I want him to succeed wildly and pile up the Lombardi Trophies with the Eagles. Overall, I get the sense he's nowhere near ready for this job, and is doomed to fail. I hope I'm wrong.

On 3/22/2021 at 11:38 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I was going to mention in the last 30 years no new coaches have been hated as much as Charlie, Doug, and Gabe Kapler. Two of them won championships.

Unless he resembles Anthony Lynn in-game, we have to give this guy three years before making any kind of judgment.

13 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Public speaking is public speaking. A "great" communicator is a polished communicator who knows his audience and performs well in every setting. Sirianni isn't polished. He bumbles and stumbles his way through his answers, offers no answers to what is being asked, and goes off on tangents in his responses with "systems" and brother stories. That's indicative of a very poor communicator who can't process information fast enough to even give the half answers we expect from coach speak. When stumped he turns to a veiled emotional appeal like I love my brother and I love bragging on him...blah, blah, blah.

Look in his eyes. Do you see the bright light of hyper intelligence behind them? or do you see dull eyes of a slow thinking and overwhelmed guy, who is can't maintain focus and is taking the fake-it-till-you-make-it approach? I know what I see. I've seen it before. Look, he will probably get better at public speaking the more he does it. Right now, he stinks at it, and I wonder if he won't be the same in front of a room of players. I want him to succeed wildly and pile up the Lombardi Trophies with the Eagles. Overall, I get the sense he's nowhere near ready for this job, and is doomed to fail. I hope I'm wrong.

Doug was a buffoon in press conferences and won us a Super Bowl.  Seems like the media has been roasting him for being "excited" about the young players on this team.  What was he supposed to say?  "Look...This team sucks and has no young talent"  I don't really care how he sounds in press conferences.  We went from Andy who never divulged anything and took all blame to Chip who was Mr throw people under the bus and I'm the smartest man in the room to Doug who sounded clueless to Sirianni who comes off as an excited ADHD kid.  As long as they can command the locker room and respect of the players that's what matters.  Well that and winning football games.  I'm not forming an opinion on the guy until I see what kind of product he puts on the field.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, rambo said:

Doug was a buffoon in press conferences and won us a Super Bowl.  Seems like the media has been roasting him for being "excited" about the young players on this team.  What was he supposed to say?  "Look...This team sucks and has no young talent"  I don't really care how he sounds in press conferences.  We went from Andy who never divulged anything and took all blame to Chip who was Mr throw people under the bus and I'm the smartest man in the room to Doug who sounded clueless to Sirianni who comes off as an excited ADHD kid.  As long as they can command the locker room and respect of the players that's what matters.  Well that and winning football games.  I'm not forming an opinion on the guy until I see what kind of product he puts on the field.

Like I said, I hope he is great and wildly successful. Time will tell.

1 minute ago, PoconoDon said:

Like I said, I hope he is great and wildly successful. Time will tell.

I think the slow offseason due to no cap space and thus lack of moves (other than trading Wentz which was under the microscope since December) has put the magnifying glass on him since he's really the only other thing to talk about.  Come draft time us and media will have other things to discuss.  Like why Howie drafted a projected UDFA at pick #6.

• Like 1

People didn't like Charlie because of the way he talked, People didn't like Doug because of how he spoke.

The good news, People don't like Sirianni how he talks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

I don't know I don't watch them cause those pressers are a joke

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rambo said:

What he said.......

Did everyone commenting on Sirianni watch this press conference? He was perfectly fine until the very last answer.

3 hours ago, PhillyRockd said:

People didn't like Charlie because of the way he talked, People didn't like Doug because of how he spoke.

The good news, People don't like Sirianni how he talks.

But what does Mike Lombardi say? 🤔🤔