Giants Sign Wide Receiver Kenny Golladay

SPIDER-MAN

It's all up to Daniel Jones now. Golladay, Saquon Barkley, Sterling Shepard, Darius Slayton, Evan Engram, and Kyle Rudolph. That's a strong group of weapons to throw to.

He got one heck of a deal for himself, 4 years / $72 million. But I guess that's how free agency goes with the big name guys.

Injury history aside, it helps your draft strategy since there's a good possibility that both Alabama WRs, JaMarr Chase, and Kyle Pitts go off the board before 11.

I agree though, no more excuses for Daniel Jones, a lot of QBs wish they can have those guys to throw to.

Crap. What does that mean for our defense now? Twice a year?? Ugh!

Will we focus on D since Dallas and NYG have serious weapons now? 

Wash has a legit defense...two teams focus on defense, two focus on offense? Could be really fascinating.

Welp, leading the all time series against the Giants was fun while it lasted. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Giants should cruise to an NFc east title in 2021.

Yup just like the Cowboys will go to the playoffs every year and or the super bowl

7 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I’ve got them 3rd and Eagles 4th.

Golladay turned down $80 million about a year ago.

9 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yup just like the Cowboys will go to the playoffs every year and or the super bowl

I've got a backhanded compliment view on the G-men next year.  It really is their division to win, this team is on yr 4 of a rebuild.  They have a young Qb with experience, the defense is emerging and hitting it's peak.  The arsenal of weapons is pretty damn impressive.  The O-Line was awful last year, but with Solder back they really just need a bounce back year from Hernandez to at least be decent.  In a division with 3 other teams in full rebuild mode that should be enough for 10-11 wins.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

I've got a backhanded compliment view on the G-men next year.  It really is their division to win, this team is on yr 4 of a rebuild.  They have a young Qb with experience, the defense is emerging and hitting it's peak.  The arsenal of weapons is pretty damn impressive.  The O-Line was awful last year, but with Solder back they really just need a bounce back year from Hernandez to at least be decent.  In a division with 3 other teams in full rebuild mode that should be enough for 10-11 wins.  

It very well could happen and I agree they seem most likely to take the division. I'm just not making any predictions especially with the way it has gone the last few years. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It very well could happen and I agree they seem most likely to take the division. I'm just not making any predictions especially with the way it has gone the last few years. 

Agreed. This division really could go anyway. On paper the Cowpies should be favourites but of course we know how they tend to fare when the going gets tough. NY should be improved but we have no reason to believe that Gettleman and Judge are going to get it right. And then there's Washington. If they can sort the QB position and get a decent level of performance there then they could be a threat.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 9:32 AM, dawkins4prez said:

I know you’re being sarcastic. 

WFT has the best roster in the division. They have very few holes and a potentially top 3 defense. If they get league average play from Fitz they’ll win 10 games. I think the Giants can win bet 8-10 if everything goes right. Figure they won 6 last year and they’re adding Barkley, Golladay, Rudolph and Booker to a struggling offense. They should prob go OL in round 1, but I won’t be mad if they take Parsons to round out an improving D. 

3 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

I know you’re being sarcastic. 

WFT has the best roster in the division. They have very few holes and a potentially top 3 defense. If they get league average play from Fitz they’ll win 10 games. I think the Giants can win bet 8-10 if everything goes right. Figure they won 6 last year and they’re adding Barkley, Golladay, Rudolph and Booker to a struggling offense. They should prob go OL in round 1, but I won’t be mad if they take Parsons to round out an improving D. 

Yea of little faith.  No I'm not.  I think the Giants should be disappointed in what they are building as a whole, but this group is about to peak and they are built to win in 2021 more than the rest of division.  WFT doesn't have a Qb or much of anything to hang their hat on offensively.  The Cowboys O-Line is in worse shape than the Eagles and their defense will be below average at best.  Giants have the least projection needs and the most balance.  In a weak division they should win 10-11.

50 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Yea of little faith.  No I'm not.  I think the Giants should be disappointed in what they are building as a whole, but this group is about to peak and they are built to win in 2021 more than the rest of division.  WFT doesn't have a Qb or much of anything to hang their hat on offensively.  The Cowboys O-Line is in worse shape than the Eagles and their defense will be below average at best.  Giants have the least projection needs and the most balance.  In a weak division they should win 10-11.

We should definitely challenge for the division this year. Anything less would be a disappointment, but I think you’re sleeping on Wash. Yes there’s a question at QB, but they have two top notch WRs, a dynamic TE in Logan and a really talented RB corps with Gibson, McKissic, Barber and Love. The D speaks for itself. They should be the favorite as it stands today. 

WFT defense as it stands is going to set that team apart from the rest of the division, even with them rolling with Fitzpatrick this year and not having a long-term QB prospect secured. I think the Giants have a good shot of putting themselves ahead of the Cowboys though. On paper they appear more balanced in terms of talent on offense and defense. The Cowboys have the pieces on offense, but I would actually take the Giants defense over the Cowboys defense.

As for us, there's too many new parts to make a bold claim for the division in 2021, also given how 2020 went: new coaching staff and scheme changes, new QB, and an exodus of veterans leading to a lot of young players (including rookies) expected to contribute. If they can muster up the ability to win those 2 games against the Cowboys, that would be nice 😎  . Otherwise realistically I'm not expecting too much other than hoping our young guys develop into solid contributors for down the road. 

• Like 1

Almost everyone looks good on paper at this time of the year (Eagles don't).

The NFC East was trash last season, and many think 3 of teams are a 10 win team now. Not likely...

51 minutes ago, mihailo said:

Almost everyone looks good on paper at this time of the year (Eagles don't).

The NFC East was trash last season, and many think 3 of teams are a 10 win team now. Not likely...

Redskins still have jack sheet on offense, giants need the line and Daniel jones to get to the next level and the cowboys need some kind of defense. Until anyone of them prove to be capable of that it's the same crap division

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Redskins still have jack sheet on offense, giants need the line and Daniel jones to get to the next level and the cowboys need some kind of defense. Until anyone of them prove to be capable of that it's the same crap division

Totally agree. Surprisingly, even we have a shot because no one will have tape on us until it's too late LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

WFT has jack sheet on offense? As I said in my other post, 2 really good WRs, a dynamic TE and a stable of good RBs, including Gibson who’s really good. I think that team is locked and loaded. 

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

WFT has jack sheet on offense? As I said in my other post, 2 really good WRs, a dynamic TE and a stable of good RBs, including Gibson who’s really good. I think that team is locked and loaded. 

Who is their other really good WR? Samuel? He is an ok slot receiver.  And are you referring to Logan thomas as their dynamic Tight End? He is 30 years old and finally had an ok year because they threw the ball to him 110 times and still only managed just over 600 yards. Fitzpatrick is a 39 year old journeyman QB that goes on a hot streak for like 5 games then gets benched. 

13 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Who is their other really good WR? Samuel? He is an ok slot receiver.  And are you referring to Logan thomas as their dynamic Tight End? He is 30 years old and finally had an ok year because they threw the ball to him 110 times and still only managed just over 600 yards. Fitzpatrick is a 39 year old journeyman QB that goes on a hot streak for like 5 games then gets benched. 

Hey I hope you’re right. I think McLaurin and Samuel will be tough to cover. Fitz is obviously the key to everything. 

Just now, BKLYNYG said:

Hey I hope your right. I think McLaurin and Samuel will be tough to cover. Fitz is obviously the key to everything. 

They can definitely be a tough especially with that defense getting any kind of help from the offense. I just hate the WFT more than any other team in this division so I refuse to give them positive options lol. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They can definitely be a tough especially with that defense getting any kind of help from the offense. I just hate the WFT more than any other team in this division so I refuse to give them positive options lol. 

I've always considered WFT the "red-headed step-child" of the divisional rivals 😂

For some reason it doesn't have the same feel as games against the Cowboys or the Giants, even though they are still divisional rivals.

Either way though, they have to be considered the favorite until proven otherwise. Fitzpatrick will get them enough wins before the magic wears off to keep the team afloat.

1 hour ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

I've always considered WFT the "red-headed step-child" of the divisional rivals 😂

For some reason it doesn't have the same feel as games against the Cowboys or the Giants, even though they are still divisional rivals.

Either way though, they have to be considered the favorite until proven otherwise. Fitzpatrick will get them enough wins before the magic wears off to keep the team afloat.

I'm not sure why, I just for some reason can not stand WFT I hate them.even more now that they still don't have a name lol

I agree though they should.be considered the favorite

12 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

I wonder if WFT fans consider the Eagles to be the red headed step child...

• Haha 1