Mid FA Mock (03-21-2021)

Ray75

New deal;

Derrick Barnett

Trade;

I sincerly hope they can trade Ertz but the clock is ticking. They might have to release him in the upcoming days. 

For the sake of the argument, I have him going to the Arizona Cardinals for a 5th.

FA;

Anthony Harris, S, Minnesota Vikings (signed)

Gareon Conley, CB, Houston Texans

James Connor, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers;

Joe Flacco, QB, NY Jets;

* With ex Vikings LB Eric Wilson still available in FA, I can see the Eagles making a move. If they do, I’ll make some minor changes; Connor out, Wilson in and instead of a LB in the 3rd, possibly a RB.

Draft;

5A65923E-1155-4585-BA30-3F195F2DA49E.jpeg

1) JaMarr Chase, WR, LSU;

7352F2A3-6C30-4FAE-846C-EFDF8FCA44C6.jpeg

2) Kelvin Joseph, CB, Kentucky;

259D3DB6-0DFC-458C-AADF-975AAFC25A09.jpeg

3) Jamin Davis, LB, Kentucky;

F86EEE03-1EE6-40D4-BBD7-81483A7DD5DD.jpeg

3) Tyler Gillespie, S, Missouri;

F82D877C-550A-4393-87DD-A06C178DB6D5.jpeg

5) Noah Gray, TE, Duke;

ABE558AD-3F41-46A4-8E40-CF7DB2F50422.jpeg

5) Kendrick Green, OC/OG, Illinois;

45FFC6B3-327E-49E6-9E0F-C554D0173764.jpeg

5) Darren Hall, CB, San Diego State;

6E27D8DC-B09A-4EB3-BF3E-EF49283A5F3D.jpeg

6) Sadarius Hutcherson, OG/OT, South Carolina;

B5893F63-60BE-4CC6-A4A3-FDCAFE59796E.jpeg

6) Shane Buechele, QB, SMU;

B19B14BD-91F6-4C0F-AF1D-1CB028DA0F1A.jpeg

7) Lorenzo Neal, DT, Purdue;

6DC4A341-656F-4B0C-8CF3-E2B28656CCE0.jpeg

7) Joshua Kaindoh, DE, Florida State

• Like 2

Don’t know much about Aaron Robinson, but from what I have seen, he’s a good player.

Elijah Molden is so Philly that Philly doesn’t understand it. That kid would be fan favorite within a few games. I think you drafted two corners and frankly, would be fine with it given how good Molden is.

You know I like Jamin.

I’m about to write an article that will talk about Kendrick Green. I don’t see any way he is available that late, but if he is, I’d carve the pick into Howie’s chest with a knife and drop him from a plane to select Kendrick in his honor. He’s … wow good.

Noah isn’t my cup of tea. Scheme fit though.

I see. You like Kaindoh now? Good man.

It’s solid man.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JetroLot said:

Don’t know much about Aaron Robinson, but from what I have seen, he’s a good player.

Elijah Molden is so Philly that Philly doesn’t understand it. That kid would be fan favorite within a few games. I think you drafted two corners and frankly, would be fine with it given how good Molden is.

You know I like Jamin.

I’m about to write an article that will talk about Kendrick Green. I don’t see any way he is available that late, but if he is, I’d carve the pick into Howie’s chest with a knife and drop him from a plane to select Kendrick in his honor. He’s … wow good.

Noah isn’t my cup of tea. Scheme fit though.

I see. You like Kaindoh now? Good man.

It’s solid man.

You watched Con Air too many times! Sick! 😂

We talked about Molden and I agree with you he’s better suited to play safety at the next level. So there’s that; I’m not drafting him to play corner.

Yeah, Green I really, really like. Might wind up a late 3, maybe a mid 4rd round selection but one can dream...

@JetroLot changed it. Watched more film on Robinson; still impressed but a nickel only I fear. We need an outside corner and a true safety more since Maddox and Wallace are best suited to play in the slot.

Ray, once again I find myself nodding in agreement whilst reading your mock! :thumbsup:

My only quibble is that your first two DBs are shorter, 'slot-sized' guys, and I wonder if the new regime might go for taller options? 

Ray and Matt, sign me up to the Kendrick Green bandwagon, the man was simply born to play the C position. Gotta love the way he likes to go looking for extra work and 'mixing it' with opponents. The perfect Kelce replacement IMO. Already looking forward to reading that article.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Couch Potato said:

Ray, once again I find myself nodding in agreement whilst reading your mock! :thumbsup:

My only quibble is that your first two DBs are shorter, 'slot-sized' guys, and I wonder if the new regime might go for taller options? 

Ray and Matt, sign me up to the Kendrick Green bandwagon, the man was simply born to play the C position. Gotta love the way he likes to go looking for extra work and 'mixing it' with opponents. The perfect Kelce replacement IMO. Already looking forward to reading that article.

Thanks and you’re absolutely right! Those corners are small and play predominantly in the nickel. Knew Molden was really small but thought Robinson was about 6’0”. I was wrong...

Changed it up! Give me your thoughts...

Love it. Love it. Love it. 

Great mock buddy. Addresses a lot of holes and provides us hopefully with some potential for the future both through FA and the draft. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Thanks and you’re absolutely right! Those corners are small and play predominantly in the nickel. Knew Molden was really small but thought Robinson was about 6’0”. I was wrong...

Changed it up! Give me your thoughts...

To be fair, you could have left one of them in there! I would be OK with Molden - as Matt says, he's really good! Perhaps we give Maddox one more go at slot this year, though.

I do like Gillespie, he would bring a more feisty attitude to this secondary, which is much needed. In a similar vein, I like Trill Williams of Syracuse, who also gives you CB/S versatility.

Joseph is a slight reach in R2 IMO, personally I prefer Newsome and Stokes there. 

34 minutes ago, Couch Potato said:

To be fair, you could have left one of them in there! I would be OK with Molden - as Matt says, he's really good! Perhaps we give Maddox one more go at slot this year, though.

I do like Gillespie, he would bring a more feisty attitude to this secondary, which is much needed. In a similar vein, I like Trill Williams of Syracuse, who also gives you CB/S versatility.

Joseph is a slight reach in R2 IMO, personally I prefer Newsome and Stokes there. 

I don’t think Newsome will make it out of the first and I’m slightly out on Stokes early in the second. He should be a late 2nd/early 3rd selection but I’m not comfortable taking him at 36.

Joseph, Campbell, Robinson and  Samuel (size is the only concern) have surpassed him on my CB board.