And with pick 12...

Erie

What are your thoughts on the 12th pick? 

I'm guessing Waddle will still be on the board, but we certainly are in the "best player available" territory of the round. 

I think there will be at least 3 names that have already been "mocked" to us at #6, still available at #12. I also think picking at #12 means everything is on the table. You can't say, "12 is too high for [one of the top CBs in this draft] [a high graded LB] [etc...]."  I like the move and honestly won't be surprised if we move back one more time.

• Like 7

Roseman trades the 12th pick, move down to Pick 20, grabs an extra 2nd and 3rd..

With all this Draft capital, Howie misses on majority of them

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 2

I think horn + Bateman in 2nd or slight trade up OR waddle/smith + Samuel jr would be a pipe dream (considering Howie) but would be amazing. Well then we said that accountant is going to outsmart us with some punter from grade 3 school and a high motor high speed guy in the first 2 rounds ahhaha

13 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

We can say with all certainty that none of our upcoming draft picks will be HOFers in week 1 of the 2021season. 

What I like about the trade back is that we acquired the pick next season when we won't be selecting from such an overrated, phony draft class. A lot of these hyped-up prospects are going to struggle as rookies as they transition from an abbreviated, untraditional college football season (or none at all) to the NFL. They are still talented and many will still develop, but need more time (and work) than usual. Teams are going into this draft with a lot less preparation than they would normally have and now have to rely more than ever on projections. Less film to evaluate, no combine and far less exposure to the players are huge factors that will play a big part in the 2021 draft. Most of the QBs expected to go in the top 10 this year really shouldn't. Moving out of the top 10 this year makes too much sense.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Jeep_man said:

Roseman trades the 12th pick, move down to Pick 20, grabs an extra 2nd and 3rd..

That is my fear. I think Howie still could move down again, even with blue chip prospects still on the board. If he stays at 12, then go either Slater (can play all OL positions...versatility), Horn or Waddle.  One of those 3 should be there, IMO.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Surtain 

Are you certain?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Draft Horn then package our 2 and a 3 to get back into the first and take Moehrig.

4 minutes ago, b_west3 said:

Draft Horn then package our 2 and a 3 to get back into the first and take Moehrig.

I don't see the Eagles sitting out of any round of the draft.  With a mostly new staff, the only thing harder than believing Rosey will get it right is understanding just what Siri & Gannon want.

I like the move down, ihope they don't go corner in the first round, plenty of corners can be had in the 2nd and beyond.

Corner is a devalued position in the league due to the rules favoring offense and specifically passing 

Eagles won the super bowl with the lowest amount of money allocated to Corner

The chiefs won with average in expensive corners.

Bucs 3 starting corners were two 2nd round picks and a 3rd rounder.

Don't need elite corners to win. Especially not expensive ones.

• Like 3

For me trading down could mean focus on Defense...I keep saying it but I would go Defense picks at least 3 out of first four rounds and 1 for the Oline and then next year with multiple 1st round picks we can help our offense...this season I would focus on closing as many defensive holes as possible and see what Hurts can and can't do

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I like the move down, ihope they don't go corner in the first round, plenty of corners can be had in the 2nd and beyond.

Corner is a devalued position in the league due to the rules favoring offense and specifically passing 

Good point...but imagine this.  It's the night before Super Bowl 52...someone tells you that Brady throws for 505 yards and no picks...do you even watch the game?  If so, have you already set yourself up for heartbreak?  We absolutely do need some guys who can actually cover on the back end.  

12 minutes ago, Vlad67 said:

For me trading down could mean focus on Defense...I keep saying it but I would go Defense picks at least 3 out of first four rounds and 1 for the Oline and then next year with multiple 1st round picks we can help our offense...this season I would focus on closing as many defensive holes as possible and see what Hurts can and can't do

I'm for adding a couple of defensive pieces, but you have to give Hurts a little more talent to work with. If you are trying to develop a young QB, you have to give him enough to succeed or what's the point?  I'm fine with going defense in Round 1 and possibly 2. But, the Eagles should use at least 4 picks on offense, OL depth, possible RB depth, WR depth, and possibly a 3rd QB late in the draft.

2 hours ago, matchew88 said:

Are you certain?

He Surtainly is. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Utebird said:

Every theory about what other teams do and what value can be had in later rounds goes out the window with Howie. He's not a good drafter.

Corner isn't a devalued position, it's still an important position ESPECIALLY given the stricter rules. You're not going to have "shut down corners" like in the past, but you need talent and good coaching.

The Eagles have had a weak secondary consisting of 1-2 decent veteran free agents and crap/mediocre players they draft. 

Corners and safeties Howie has drafted, any of these guys excite you for him picking good corners outside the 1st round? 

Earl Wolf

Jordan Poyer

Jaylen Watkins

Ed Reynolds

Eric Rowe

Jacorey Shepherd

Randall Evans

Blake Countess

Jalen Mills

Sidney Jones

Rasul Douglas 

Nate Gerry

Avonte Maddox

K'vonn Wallace 

• Like 1

I have to turn away because there are three obviously really good lbers that are game changers. Collins, parsons, and jeremiah from nd either of which I would be fine with. I don't comprehend the over thinking. They will probably take waddle because of rhonda rousey. But it's not the right pick.

If the report is true that Lurie said to make Hurts the starting QB and build around him, and knowing Lurie wants an exciting offense I could see them drafting a WR or O lineman.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vlad67 said:

I wouldn't mind at all if the Eagles basically spent this year rebuilding their defense and OL.

Set the foundation now with a solid defense and OL, then go get the QB and weapons in the future.

3 hours ago, b_west3 said:

Good point...but imagine this.  It's the night before Super Bowl 52...someone tells you that Brady throws for 505 yards and no picks...do you even watch the game?  If so, have you already set yourself up for heartbreak?  We absolutely do need some guys who can actually cover on the back end.  

Absolutely agree eagles need secondary help and I think CB has better value in 2nd round and beyond rather than 1st.

Howie had right idea drafting sidney and rasul in the 2 and 3rd  he just picked the wrong guys, right spot right position wrong guys.

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Every theory about what other teams do and what value can be had in later rounds goes out the window with Howie. He's not a good drafter.

Corner isn't a devalued position, it's still an important position ESPECIALLY given the stricter rules. You're not going to have "shut down corners" like in the past, but you need talent and good coaching.

The Eagles have had a weak secondary consisting of 1-2 decent veteran free agents and crap/mediocre players they draft. 

Corners and safeties Howie has drafted, any of these guys excite you for him picking good corners outside the 1st round? 

Earl Wolf

Jordan Poyer

Jaylen Watkins

Ed Reynolds

Eric Rowe

Jacorey Shepherd

Randall Evans

Blake Countess

Jalen Mills

Sidney Jones

Rasul Douglas 

Nate Gerry

Avonte Maddox

K'vonn Wallace 

Jordan poyer has turned out ok, I think eagles have up on him too early.

Nate Gerry was a college safety from day 1 eagles planned on moving him to LB so axe him from the list 

The rest don't excite me though jacorey showed some promise before injury.

Kvonn to early but the rest don't excite me though.

I agree howie can't draft DBs all the more reason to not have him waste a first rounder on one no?

11 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Jordan poyer has turned out ok, I think eagles have up on him too early.

Nate Gerry was a college safety from day 1 eagles planned on moving him to LB so axe him from the list 

The rest don't excite me though jacorey showed some promise before injury.

Kvonn to early but the rest don't excite me though.

I agree howie can't draft DBs all the more reason to not have him waste a first rounder on one no?

The odds are better in the 1st.

But he sucks and needs to be fired anyway. 

• Like 4