Christian Barmore (Alabama DT) -- DRAFTED BY NEW ENGLAND #38

EagleVA

The Eagles 1st round pick without a doubt should be Barmore, he'll help the team in many facets. 

Concerning some of those facets, 1) he'll aid  the pass defense, QB's simply won't have all day to find an open receiver with Barmore on the other side of the LOS, this leads to rushed throws and bad decisions by the opposing QB, 2) no team will be able to run with Barmore and Cox as the DT's even though both will more than likely be double teamed, after landing a speedy corner and 3 cleanup LBs the defense is set 3)Jalen Hurts won't have the pressure of consistently playing from behind which leads to bad decisions

If he's there and the Eagles pass on him, it'll go down as the biggest blunder of Howie's career.

Here's some film study on the guy;

• Like 1

Good solid DT, best one available in the draft — but not what/who the Eagles need to be looking at with #12.

Barmore should be a #20-25 pick 

• Like 1

I like what I see but not with #12. And not given we have 2 very expensive DTs on the roster already. 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2021 at 3:53 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I like what I see but not with #12. And not given we have 2 very expensive DTs on the roster already. 

We have 2 very expensive DTs on the roster that we need to get rid of which is another reason Barmore is the best pick for the Eagles.  Matter of fact, if Barmore is the pick the Eagles will be able to unload Cox before the trade deadline.

I'm sure you've heard the defense wins championships, there's a lot of truth to that, all one has to do is watch last year's SB, Brady gets the credit but it was the Bucs D had more impact on the game than Brady.

Barmore will have more impact on the Eagles success than any other player in the draft. 

If the Eagles trade down from 12, I think he will be the target.  I'm not saying Howie should do it, but that would be a Howie move. They value DT and Cox is getting old. Plus, Jackson isn't coming back.

On 4/3/2021 at 8:11 PM, Alphagrand said:

Pegging a player in a round or overall pick is where many GMs and fans make their mistake.

One has to look at their teams strengths and weaknesses to determine what value a player would bring to your team.

The Eagles have a weak secondary, they simply can't hold up if a QB has time to find an open receiver, Barmore will not allow QBs time to find open receivers, he consistently gets pressure when double and triple teamed.

The Eagles have weak LBs that can't get off of blocks, with Barmore taking double teams as well as Cox, O-Linemen won't be going to the second level searching for LBs to block leaving them free to make tackles. 

I could go on concerning the value he would bring to the Eagles but I'll sum it up with no other player in the draft would bring more value.......he's the smart pick.

Get your corner in the second round which for all intent in purposes is a late first round pick.

On 4/9/2021 at 5:05 PM, EagleVA said:

Pegging a player in a round or overall pick is where many GMs and fans make their mistake.

One has to look at their teams strengths and weaknesses to determine what value a player would bring to your team.

The Eagles have a weak secondary, they simply can't hold up if a QB has time to find an open receiver, Barmore will not allow QBs time to find open receivers, he consistently gets pressure when double and triple teamed.

The Eagles have weak LBs that can't get off of blocks, with Barmore taking double teams as well as Cox, O-Linemen won't be going to the second level searching for LBs to block leaving them free to make tackles. 

I could go on concerning the value he would bring to the Eagles but I'll sum it up with no other player in the draft would bring more value.......he's the smart pick.

Get your corner in the second round which for all intent in purposes is a late first round pick.

You'd probably like my newest mock then 

5 hours ago, Slade said:

You'd probably like my newest mock then 

Let's see it.

6 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Let's see it.

It's in the mock drafts forum

DT is a sneaky need, and I like Barmore (Philly kid I heard). Without a trade back I’m a bit more comfortable with Levi at 37 (if he makes it there).

On 4/3/2021 at 8:11 PM, Alphagrand said:

Good solid DT, best one available in the draft — but not what/who the Eagles need to be looking at with #12.

This is Howie. This is the eagles.

This is my choice too. Trade down a little bit more, hopefully pick up a 3 (maybe we can get a 2 if a QB is still on the board at 12) and get Barmore.

that’s my ideal draft scenario

6 hours ago, FlybyNight said:

By the way, NFL.com has Barmore as the 12th best prospect. 2021 NFL Draft Tracker - Prospects | NFL.com

Lol I’m sure they do. They also have Sewell as the 9th best prospect so that already destroys the credibility of this list. Wonder what other trackers have Barmore as a top 15 player...

On 4/23/2021 at 9:39 AM, philafan4o8 said:

Lol I’m sure they do. They also have Sewell as the 9th best prospect so that already destroys the credibility of this list. Wonder what other trackers have Barmore as a top 15 player...

I mean I’m not very high on Sewell after learning about his extremely undersized arms either.  Slater to me will be the much better player.  

2 hours ago, Milkman420 said:

I mean I’m not very high on Sewell after learning about his extremely undersized arms either.  Slater to me will be the much better player.  

I’ll assume you do not know what you are talking about. Please see below. 

He's still one of the best players on the board. But why has he fallen out of the first round? I mean perhaps he hasn't, perhaps teams never had a first round grade on him but he was highly regarded.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He's still one of the best players on the board. But why has he fallen out of the first round? I mean perhaps he hasn't, perhaps teams never had a first round grade on him but he was highly regarded.

Ya I don’t think he is on the same level as previous Dlinemen out of Bama. His hype was up because of good championship game and he is the best Dt in a weak class. I would have been surprised if drafted in 1st

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Ya I don’t think he is on the same level as previous Dlinemen out of Bama. His hype was up because of good championship game and he is the best Dt in a weak class. I would have been surprised if drafted in 1st

Yeah that's probably fair. And look we don't know where teams had him on their boards going in. It'll be interesting to see how early he goes today. 

There were some red flag concerns about coachability. Saban denied those but they were out there.  Also some say he doesn't do much beyond the highlight plays

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What I've heard is that he's an absolute killer when he wants to be, but that his effort level is not consistent.  That's just listening to analysts though.  Could be wrong.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ilikepargo said:

What I've heard is that he's an absolute killer when he wants to be, but that his effort level is not consistent.  That's just listening to analysts though.  Could be wrong.

Fair enough and that makes sense. He needs the right team and the right HC then... I can imagine if he's with a bad team he may be more likely to switch it off. But that may be unfair.