Mock draft - 4/25 - Both top corners are gone.

ManchesterEagle

12 - Devonta Smith - WR. Eagles wanted to go corner here, but Surtain and Horn are gone and Smith is too good to ignore here. True route runner. His size issues are overrated. 

(Trade - Eagles get pick 20 from Bears and Bears 5th rounder in 2022. Bears get 37 and Eagles 2nd round pick in 2022).

20 - Caleb Farley - CB. Eagles can't afford to wait around at 37, hoping that maybe Samuel falls to them. Farley has an injury history, but this isn't Sidney Jones. It's a bit of a risk but the Eagles do their homework and don't take the fatalistic approach. Possibly the best corner in the draft on talent. Bears want a QB but can't get to their choices. They are now stockpiling for next year. Eagles get ahead of the Titans and Steelers who were waiting on Farley.

(Trade - Eagles get 58 from Chiefs. Chiefs get Eagles 70/123 and 225)

58 - Carlos Basham - DE - Eagles have a high second round grade on this guy and when he starts to slip they are aggressive in going up to getting him. High floor player. Can fit immediately in the rotation and replace either Barnett or Graham as starter in 2022.

84 - Jabril Cox - LBexplosive athlete. More polished than Taylor and while he may take some time to develop, Eric Wilson buys us some time. Hopefully between Taylor, Cox and Bradley we get a half decent young LB corp in the future.

150 - Darius Stills - DT - Eagles have shown a lot of interest in this guy and he makes immediate sense to fit into the rotation.

189 Michael Carter RB - interesting prospect. Needs some polishing but explosive and could immediately make waves as a 3rd round back. Secures the ball nicely - important for Eagles.

224 James Wiggins S - had injury issues - but playmaker with a big ceiling. 

234 Rachad Wildgoose JR - CB - wild card upside pick. Can battle early for slot receiver, but also has the ability to play outside if needed. 

240 Sam Cooper - G - undersized, but intriguing skill set for Stoutland to develop. 

• Like 3

Oh my!!! WHAT A DRAFT this would be...

I mean I'm not huge on Farley I'll be honest but we could change that to Newcome couldn't we?

Other than that...Smith, a really good CB, a good young DE, Cox and Stills.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh my!!! WHAT A DRAFT this would be...

I mean I'm not huge on Farley I'll be honest but we could change that to Newcome couldn't we?

Other than that...Smith, a really good CB, a good young DE, Cox and Stills.

Yeah - personally I prefer Farley, but I like Newcome as well - so would be happy enough if we did!

Thanks mate - really appreciate it. I think in all likelihood we get Surtain or Horn (going to do one more draft with that scenario), but I'm intrigued by Smith. I just think if we don't go corner in the first we need to be aggressive in making sure we get either Farley, Newcome or Samuel (wouldn't trade up so far for Samuel). 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Yeah - personally I prefer Farley, but I like Newcome as well - so would be happy enough if we did!

Thanks mate - really appreciate it. I think in all likelihood we get Surtain or Horn (going to do one more draft with that scenario), but I'm intrigued by Smith. I just think if we don't go corner in the first we need to be aggressive in making sure we get either Farley, Newcome or Samuel (wouldn't trade up so far for Samuel). 

I would do that same trade up for bateman if we take a cb first.