Justyn Ross (Clemson WR) -- UDFA SIGNED WITH KANSAS CITY

Infam

Oh, I know. I hear you. Another first on a receiver? The third year in a row? Are you nuts, Infam?

Hear me out: 6'4", 210 receiver with the body of Julio Jones. Contested catch king. True #1 X-receiver.

We will probably have three first round picks, and I think there are multiple good corners in the first. But the fit for Ross here is too damn good!

Future First Round Pick | Justyn Ross Clemson Highlights ᴴᴰ - YouTube

Matt Waldman's RSP Boiler Room No. 286 WR Justyn Ross #Clemson - YouTube

I like the player, he'd be a great addition but it just isn't going to happen. And to be honest it probably shouldn't happen either. There are far greater needs on this team. 

I don’t care why y’all say. That was a damn fumble! I am still pissed about this. Good player but ITS A FUMBLE! 

Biggest robbery since Trey Burke called for blocking foul on Peyton Siva in National Championship game. Still Pissed about this too

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Infam said:

Oh, I know. I hear you. Another first on a receiver? The third year in a row? Are you nuts, Infam?

Hear me out: 6'4", 210 receiver with the body of Julio Jones. Contested catch king. True #1 X-receiver.

We will probably have three first round picks, and I think there are multiple good corners in the first. But the fit for Ross here is too damn good!

Future First Round Pick | Justyn Ross Clemson Highlights ᴴᴰ - YouTube

Matt Waldman's RSP Boiler Room No. 286 WR Justyn Ross #Clemson - YouTube

Howie’s on board. He’s striving for fantasy football team of the year. 

Pass on Ross in 2022, all in on Julian Fleming in 2023 though...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

Take a year off WR...

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Fleming won’t be the best WR entering draft from OSU that year lmao IMO

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Fleming won’t be the best WR entering draft from OSU that year lmao IMO

Good, that means he'll be available at #32 when we pick. :whistle:

But in all seriousness, my knowledge on Ohio State doesn't go that deep. All I know about Fleming is that he was the #1 WR recruit out of HS and was considered the closest thing to Julio in years.

53 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

But in all seriousness, my knowledge on Ohio State doesn't go that deep. All I know about Fleming is that he was the #1 WR recruit out of HS and was considered the closest thing to Julio in years.

Nah lol Fleming suppose to be legit and he may very well be the best.

I like Jaxon Smith-Njigba better. Absolute route technician. Got some solid playing time this year and really is known for one catch but I know he is legit when I saw him at the all American game

• Like 2

10 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

To each his own. I could imagine other receivers rated higher than Ross, so I think he will not be a top 10 pick. But that depends on how well he plays this year.

Thing is: He is a high character X receiver that would fit perfectly here. I wish he was one of our firsts next year. Still plenty of picks for defense left.

Keep in mind Ross missed last year because of a rare spinal fusion he had to have corrected, Not even sure if he will be the same player or if that surgery holds up.

6 hours ago, Gator 12 said:

Keep in mind Ross missed last year because of a rare spinal fusion he had to have corrected, Not even sure if he will be the same player or if that surgery holds up.

We'll see this season if he is who I think he is.

7 hours ago, Gator 12 said:

Ya this is scary for teams. Unless he has a crazy season I don’t see him as a 1st rounder only because nfl teams will see a concern with that.

it was career threatening the last time I remember seeing a story on it

• 2 months later...
On 5/4/2021 at 2:08 AM, philafan4o8 said:

Ya this is scary for teams. Unless he has a crazy season I don’t see him as a 1st rounder only because nfl teams will see a concern with that.

it was career threatening the last time I remember seeing a story on it

I think he'll have a really good season, and as receivers are valuable he'll end up in the first.

My hope is that it is late in the first, and we can get him with the last of our (hopefully three) firsts.

Discussing expectations for Clemson’s Justyn Ross and DJ Uiagalelei | CFB Live - YouTube

• 3 months later...

https://theathletic.com/news/clemson-wr-justyn-ross-to-undergo-foot-surgery-focus-on-training-for-nfl/AoLNRWlkkjgU/

Had a stress fracture in his foot, but played well this year.

Still feels like he might fall to the second unless he has a stellar combine..

If he does, he’d be a steal, as he is in my opinion the best receiver and is not getting much hype at this point.

He would be an excellent X receiver for us.

• Like 1

All for drafting a WR outside the 1st.

Preferably 1 of the following:

Drake London in the 2nd

Justyn Ross in the 3rd

George Pickens in the 3rd/4th

On 5/2/2021 at 5:12 AM, Infam said:

Hear me out: 6'4", 210 receiver

No doubt the Eagles need a WR that's not afraid to get hit.

On 11/21/2021 at 5:46 PM, D-Shiznit said:

All for drafting a WR outside the 1st.

Preferably 1 of the following:

Drake London in the 2nd

Justyn Ross in the 3rd

George Pickens in the 3rd/4th

Exactly. We need a receiver with size to complement our current set. Could be FA or draft, but if its draft I'd hope its not 1st round. 1st round should be defence (and one pick flicked into 2023)

On 5/2/2021 at 6:47 PM, philafan4o8 said:

Nah lol Fleming suppose to be legit and he may very well be the best.

I like Jaxon Smith-Njigba better. Absolute route technician. Got some solid playing time this year and really is known for one catch but I know he is legit when I saw him at the all American game

He’s so good! Insane.

4 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

He’s so good! Insane.

All american corners were afraid to guard him and he was killing everyone thats when I knew he was good. Definitely living up to expectations and more

29 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

All american corners were afraid to guard him and he was killing everyone thats when I knew he was good. Definitely living up to expectations and more

Fleming has been pretty quiet but to be fair he's stuck behind the best WR group in the country.

Olave and Wilson will be gone next year (unless Wilson pulls an Olave and stays). Fleming should see time along with Smith-Njigba and Marvin Harrison Jr.

On a team with Wilson and Olave who are good route runners, Smith-Njigba is the best route runner on the team.

2 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

Fleming has been pretty quiet but to be fair he's stuck behind the best WR group in the country.

Olave and Wilson will be gone next year (unless Wilson pulls an Olave and stays). Fleming should see time along with Smith-Njigba and Marvin Harrison Jr.

On a team with Wilson and Olave who are good route runners, Smith-Njigba is the best route runner on the team.

Easily the best route runner. He will be elite for sure

Next guy in line route wise is Kyion Grayes. I am a bias Arizona guy but doesn't mean I am wrong lol

1 minute ago, philafan4o8 said:

Easily the best route runner. He will be elite for sure

Next guy in line route wise is Kyion Grayes. I am a bias Arizona guy but doesn't mean I am wrong lol

Haven't seen much of Graves. We also have the 2021 #1 WR recruit Emeka Egbuka. Tbh, I wouldn't be surprised to see Fleming get outshined by him.

On 5/2/2021 at 5:16 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Take a year off WR...

It would be nice but Reagor sucks

• Like 1