Aaron wants out of Green Bay

Uscg-green

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31359453/aaron-rodgers-want-return-green-bay-packers-sources-say%3fplatform=amp

Whatever you do if you are an NFL team don't draft a QB high if you don't want to lose your franchise QB. Seems to be the trend. He's so ticked he'd say he would rather retire. Ironically he's the Bret Favre in the situation now. 

4 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Aaron wants it of Green Bay

What is the "it" that he wants "of Green Bay"

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

What is the "it" that he wants "of Green Bay"

Typo. Fixed. My phone likes to change words on me for whatever reason. 

45 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31359453/aaron-rodgers-want-return-green-bay-packers-sources-say%3fplatform=amp

Whatever you do if you are an NFL team don't draft a QB high if you don't want to lose your franchise QB. Seems to be the trend. He's so ticked he'd say he would rather retire. Ironically he's the Bret Favre in the situation now. 

Eventually, they had to replace Rodgers. He's getting up there in Age. They thought Jordan Love can be their next QB. They may not be drafting high any time soon. Plus getting him woke Rodgers up.

11 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Eventually, they had to replace Rodgers. He's getting up there in Age. They thought Jordan Love can be their next QB. They may not be drafting high any time soon. Plus getting him woke Rodgers up.

Yeah but now he's saying he would rather retire than return. It's a lose lose apparently. I mean to a leader extent talent wise it happened with Wentz. Franchise QBs want commitment and drafting of more weapons. Not competition/replacement.  

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Didn't we have this last year with Rodgers?

Yes, and Rodgers kept his job and then some.  But we only see outward appearances.

1 minute ago, xzmattzx said:

Yes, and Rodgers kept his job and then some.  But we only see outward appearances.

I just don't buy that he's unhappy again this year? Or at least if he is then it doesn't mean anything. He'll return to GB, he'll likely light it up again this year and GB will be a contender in some form. 

A few years ago, when a 37 year old QB decided he didn't want to play for a team anymore he would just retire...  

28 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

A few years ago, when a 37 year old QB decided he didn't want to play for a team anymore he would just retire...  

I think the fact he's the reigning MVP might make it a little different?

• Like 1

Click bait nonsense... There was one sentence in there about the QB they drafted last year saying " it still could be some of the reason"

Other than that just speculation and " sources"

It’s been reported in multiple places that Aaron Rodgers is referring to the packers GM as Jerry Krause when talking to teammates. I was like some here who’d believe him gone from Green Bay but if he’s going this low on the GM then he might be serious.

On 5/3/2021 at 3:46 PM, Uscg-green said:

I think the fact he's the reigning MVP might make it a little different?

I don't think it should.  People retire both because they are old and can't play anymore or because they are tired of the organization / losing / whatever.  Calvin Johnson and Barry Sanders both retired early because they were done playing for the Lions.  

On the other hand, I was thinking that Rodgers to the Pats would be ... VERY interesting.  You think BB would go for it?  Pats - Bucs super bowl?  Brady vs. Rodgers, winner take all?  Yes, please.