Desmond Ridder (Cincinnati QB) -- DRAFTED BY ATLANTA #74

ToastJenkins

Ritter is going to be one to watch for sure. I think Cincinnati should be a good college team this coming year so he's going to have a chance to really be part of something. 

• Like 1

Only watched the 2nd video in the link as the first one was shite.  Second one is good showing both passing and running ability.  He does throw a mostly flat ball, but puts it in a good spot to allow his WR to get it and get YAC after the catch.  Only saw 3 throws (the last few minutes of the video) where he put a little loft on the ball and they were all RZ throws.  Seems his accuracy and ball placement are good so has the ability to throw WRs open.  Had a slightly regressed SO year, but then put up his best stats season as a JR.  Also liked that he cut down his carries by 1/3 from his FR/SO seasons to his JR season, but upped his rushing TDs and YPC despite less carries.  Another good campaign in his SR season and he could be in Round 1 conversation.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/4/2021 at 10:43 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ritter is going to be one to watch for sure. I think Cincinnati should be a good college team this coming year so he's going to have a chance to really be part of something. 

Ritter can  every throw an NFL QB needs to make the rest of his game I don;t know about .

Been watching and reading up on this kid, he's intriguing.

Big, strong, fast, great arm, smart, and wins big games.

17 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Probably the only QB I’d feel comfortable taking in the top 15.

That's a little too rich for my liking for Ridder. But if the Colts pick is around that spot then I guess it is an option.

He'll climb boards but still think top half of the first is a bit rich, he's no sure fire bet.

I really want Cincy to make the CFP. I want to see him against Bama or Georgia's defense.

I don't expect him to beat them, but if he can hold his own against a defense littered with NFL talent with an inferior roster, that will do it. 

8 hours ago, Kwahu said:

Ridder and Howell need another year.

Need another year? Yes they definitely do. But they should not take another year, it's a weak QB class, and they are among the top guys.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

There is budding consensus in the draft community that he is the most talented QB in the draft, with a similar profile to Josh Allen, but they all say he needs time and development.

Looking forward to seeing how he holds up against Will Anderson Jr and the Alabama Defense.

• 1 month later...

If he’s still there at the top of the 2nd I consider making a move. Let him ride the pine for a year. 

• 2 weeks later...

Jordan Palmer on Desmond Ridder:

- Has the IT factor, players follow his lead.

- Mechanics do not require a rebuild, he has improved in that area, but still can improve.

- Lacks stability in his hips movements when driving the ball deep which leads to overthrows, but is working on it and improving.

- Extremely coachable, takes ownership of his mistakes and shortcomings.

- Is a film room junkie, loves the process.

- Ceiling is sky high.

- His deficiencies are not fatal, good coaching can maximize his tremendous potential.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/jordan-palmer-joins-the-show-to-talk-qbs/id1205668403?i=1000548370783

On 1/26/2022 at 12:10 PM, D-Shiznit said:

Jordan Palmer on Desmond Ridder:

- Has the IT factor, players follow his lead.

- Mechanics do not require a rebuild, he has improved in that area, but still can improve.

- Lacks stability in his hips movements when driving the ball deep which leads to overthrows, but is working on it and improving.

- Extremely coachable, takes ownership of his mistakes and shortcomings.

- Is a film room junkie, loves the process.

- Ceiling is sky high.

- His deficiencies are not fatal, good coaching can maximize his tremendous potential.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/jordan-palmer-joins-the-show-to-talk-qbs/id1205668403?i=1000548370783

You are aware Jordan Palmer runs a business and Ridder is his client right? What do you expect Jordan Palmer to say about his client? That he sucks?

Ridder is no better then Hurts at this point. Again give me a QB who can read progressions, read the field, make sound decisions and throw an accurate pass. I dont care about someone's athletic abilities at QB. That trait is probably 9th to 10th on the list of talents I want in a QB. 

PFF coupled with Jordan Palmer's endorsement, I'm warning up to this guy, just not sure we have the coaching to develop him properly.