Steven Nelson (Steelers CB) -- SIGNED WITH EAGLES!

ManchesterEagle

Eagles would have a real good D if Nelson is added I feel along with an under-rated Offense that could sneak up on a lot of teams.

Nelson makes Eagles a playoff side imo..

• Like 3

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

QB3... how dare you!

We had to tell Flacco that for his ego. But if anything happens to hurts - you’ll be in.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

Eagles would have a real good D if Nelson is added I feel along with an under-rated Offense that could sneak up on a lot of teams.

Nelson makes Eagles a playoff side imo..

I definitely think if the Eagles add Nelson or another legitimate outside corner then they do have a legitimate chance to contend. A lot will depend on Hurts and the new coaching staff.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

We had to tell Flacco that for his ego. But if anything happens to hurts - you’ll be in.

Aww shucks thanks so much. 

• 2 weeks later...

For what it’s worth, Slay is openly recruiting Nelson on Twitter.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

For what it’s worth, Slay is openly recruiting Nelson on Twitter.

saw this... also saw in an article that Howie has balked at Nelson's asking price of $3 million... that would be a steal of a deal for 1 year no? 

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/06/darius-slay-recruiting-free-agent-cb-steven-nelson-to-the-eagles/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HowiesBroman said:

saw this... also saw in an article that Howie has balked at Nelson's asking price of $3 million... that would be a steal of a deal for 1 year no? 

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/06/darius-slay-recruiting-free-agent-cb-steven-nelson-to-the-eagles/

3 million actually is a pretty good deal. 

Howie is probably trying to see if he can get Nelson for the same as Nickell Robey Coleman but honestly this is probably as good of a deal you get for Nelson.

Just sign him already. If we need to move Ertz for a draft pick to clear up cap space then go ahead and do it, we already have our TE1 in Goedert.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HowiesBroman said:

Considering we paid Mills $4M on a 1 year deal last offseason ... yeah, I'd say that is a steal.  

1 hour ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Howie is probably trying to see if he can get Nelson for the same as Nickell Robey Coleman but honestly this is probably as good of a deal you get for Nelson.

Just sign him already. If we need to move Ertz for a draft pick to clear up cap space then go ahead and do it, we already have our TE1 in Goedert.

$3M?  Wow, that's a good deal for a player that is clearly better than anyone else that we have at the corner opposite of Slay.  

This is what makes me want to punch Howie.  This and getting rid of Rasul who would have been able to hold that corner down with a more flexible coordinator.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

$3M?  Wow, that's a good deal for a player that is clearly better than anyone else that we have at the corner opposite of Slay. 

$3M should be a no brainer to be honest. 

17 hours ago, HowiesBroman said:

8 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

8 hours ago, time2rock said:

Considering we paid Mills $4M on a 1 year deal last offseason ... yeah, I'd say that is a steal.  

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

$3M should be a no brainer to be honest. 

I'm finding it hard to believe it's true. I thought a lot of teams wanted Nelson and as an established starting corner I assumed we'd be talking £6 million minimum.

The whole Nickell Robey Coleman thing makes me nervous. Nobody could believe we got him for so cheap..... - until we saw him play.

But if we can get him for £3 million seems like a no brainer. Doesn't even force us to trade Ertz right away. A minor restructure would easily free that up.

10 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I'm finding it hard to believe it's true. I thought a lot of teams wanted Nelson and as an established starting corner I assumed we'd be talking £6 million minimum.

The whole Nickell Robey Coleman thing makes me nervous. Nobody could believe we got him for so cheap..... - until we saw him play.

But if we can get him for £3 million seems like a no brainer. Doesn't even force us to trade Ertz right away. A minor restructure would easily free that up.

£6M ... that's roughly what, $8.3M?

• Haha 1

Just now, time2rock said:

£6M ... that's roughly what, $8.3M?

Forgive me - occasionally I slip back into being English, especially after semi-final wins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Forgive me - occasionally I slip back into being English, especially after semi-final wins.

Semi-final wins? That’s not very English of you

21 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Booooo yeah!!! It's coming home. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

Aaaaaaaand he’s signed. 

1 hour ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

Yesssssssirrrr!!!!!

Think that's the first time I think I've started a thread in this forum and the player has actually signed!

Absolutely love it, there are different views on whether Nelson is an average or good corner, but what we do know is that he is an experienced and legitimate outside corner in this league and we didn't have anything close to that.

Gives us time to find out what we have in Zech and gives Gannon a legitimate shot with a good group of veteran players on D. 

On 6/10/2021 at 2:32 PM, DeathByEagle said:

I would never give Nelson 10 mill a year. 

For one he was decent but not that great. he also played for a aggressive blitzing defensive scheme which in most cases makes DBs look better because the QBs are forced to get the ball out quick, made bad decisions and inaccurate throws. 

There is a reason the Steelers cut him taking a 6.17 mill dead cap number. Also a reason he is not signed yet anywhere. Hes not worth the money hes asking. He wants to take a low ball deal of 3-4 mill for a year to prove himself sure. hes already making 6.17 mill from the Steelers this year. 

Nailed it, :) 

4.1mill, and a good amount of it is incentive based.